main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIGUEROA BADGE 3...PROTOTYPE HERE...ORDERING AND LIST THREAD

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Amidala081499, Aug 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Thanks for all of the suggestions, everyone. DarthBreezy, I will check out my state's DMV website. ValedaKor,, thanks for allowing me (and others including yourself:)) to go off topic! I am sure my first choices are probably already taken, but who knows?

Lufta

2. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    How about FIGROX? That's not off topic, is it?

@};-

3. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
  4. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Or how about "The Fig badges are the coolest SW badge ever created?"

Wait a second... that won't fit on a license plate, will it? :p

5. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Uhhh....maybe. But you'll have to take that up with the DMV. ;)

@};-

6. irishnut

irishnut Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2005
    Hello,

I would be interested in having my name added to the list for One Badge.

7. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey there, Irish. Welcome to our little bandwagon. You staying at the Fig? You weren't on the waiting list and got called, were you?

@};-

8. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Final Badge costs will be posted on Monday. Sorry for the delay, but we had an unexpected death in the family and it was extremely tragic for all of us. I will devote time on Sunday to make up the materials list and costs. I apologize for my lack of posting, but like I said we have been very busy with making funeral arrangements and calling hours. The funeral was today, so now that all the planning and traveling around is done I will be able to devote time to the project. I love all ya guys and sorry if anyone is upset, you are still all my bestest Jedi Pals.

Have a happy day.....

9. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Then let me be the first to say from all of us here on this Forum, we extend our deepest sympathies to you and your family on your loss. We wish you all the best when dealing with these tragic times. Trust me, none of us here are upset AT ALL. Your Jedi pals are here for you, and we will do whatever we can to help you thru this.

10. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Add my condolances as well - the Celebration family is here for you...

11. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey Amidala, I am so very sorry for your loss. My prayers will be with you. May the Peace of the Lord be with you and yours. O:)

We know you're doing your best with the badges, it's no problem at all. Like Justin and Breezy says, we're here for you. :)

Lavenderrose @};-

12. Lufta Shif

May 31, 2000
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, Amidala.

Lufta

13. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Thank you all for your outpooring of love for me and my family. We knew that her death was inevitable because of cancer, but we were told 30 days at the least. Well upon bringing her home from the hospital, hospice came to deliver the bed and things and within the hour, she was sitting in a chair, she went to sleep and did not wake up. We just would have loved time to say goodbye and we were all blindsided by not having that 30 days left.

:(

We are still in shock and we feel terrible, but she is in a paradise type place now, feels no pain and gets to visit with people whp have proceeded her, so we are happy that she has gone home. We do miss her deeply, but it was terrible to see her fight everyday to try to live, and to live for all of her family.

[face_praying]

Anyway, I am so glad to have you guys as friends, you are truely a blessing to my life. I am now going to drive headfirst into getting these badges going, it will help keep my mind off of things. I will have up the costs tomorrow, I am tired of waiting on coorporate people, you would think that they would want your business, but I guess not. Once I get the costs up and order the materials, I will start filling orders one at a time. I will set something up on Paypal and I will also allow money orders, for those who do not have a Paypal account. Once I receive payment I will begin work on your badges. I will mail out the badges in a bubble mailer, but I will put the badges inside a box so that they do not get bent. For your protection, and mine, I would like to have insurance on them, but each individual will be responsible for their own decision. I would suggest the insurance, but it is only a suggestion. Anyway, I will post late tomorrow night all the costs and stuff. I have my kids teacher comming tomorrow and I have a few errands to run, to tie up loose ends from the funeral, so that is why it will be late. Again, thank you everyone for your support it means the world to me!!!!

[:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    We are your "second family" Amidala. ;)

15. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    I'll second that.

I am tired of waiting on coorporate people, you would think that they would want your business, but I guess not...

Dang, I wish I could just go out there and give them a PIECE OF MY MIND!!! :mad:

@};-

16. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The answer is pretty simple to this dilemna: Walk up to one of the corporate people, wave your hand in front of their face, and say "You will give me a great price on the cost of the parts I need."

Give it a shot...

17. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Right on. I look forward to knowing the price. Also, I want to reach out a caring hand and say you are in my prayers. :D

Have a great day!

18. AmmersVI

AmmersVI Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2005
    ^ Well put. You're in my thoughts and prayers Amidala.

19. Anapad Nabooine

Anapad Nabooine Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    My prayers are with you and your family, Amidala. @};-

20. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    [face_laugh] ...I probably wouldn't have the guts to pull that stunt, but Amidala, Ten Points plus Two if you do!

[face_dancing] Ami-dala! Ami-dala! Ami-dala! [face_dancing]

@};-

21. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Ok fellow Peeps...I believe we have some numbers here. I was able to get on much earlier than I thought, originally I thought it would be late before I got to post, but thank goodness for the husband comming home on time today!!!

I was unable to get any wholesaler to agree to help us, I even tried to get them to give us a discount and I would put their logo on the badge, but no dice. They said if we were a bigger group they may consider it, but being that we are small they cannot help out...whatta crock if you ask me, they are just another coorporation out to screw the little guy. Sorry for the potty mouth, but it just really ticks me off.

Here is a list of the materials and cost per badge, this includes Paypal fees and shipping and packaging. If you want insurance just let me know.

Battery Snap Connector $1.00
    Battery Holder 3 AA $2.50
    4 Red Square LED'S $7.00
    1 Green Square LED $3.00
    1 Green Square Blinker $3.00
    Circuit Board Single $10.00
    8mm Laminating Charge $2.00 Office Max charges, I have a laminator, but it cannot laminate 8mm thick
    Printing and Printing
    Materials $3.00 This includes ink and card stock paper
    Wiring and Solder $3.50
    Paypal Fees $2.00 can save $2.00 if you send money order
    Shipping and Handling $3.00 includes bubble mailer

TOTAL $40.00 per badge

I am not charging anything for labor and I am not making any money, I just ask that everyone give me time to complete each badge. I do have two small children and a husband and house to take care of, so all I ask is that you be patient. I will get your badge out to you, and hopefully I will have them all completed by Christmas, I am hoping by Thanksgiving because I have my costuming to work on.

I will be setting up my Paypal account for these transactions and will fill orders as they come in. So, as I receive the payment I will begin work on your badge(s). I will let everyone know when I am ready for that part, I need to get in materials first, waiting on the circuit boards. I have just used my personal credit card to buy all that we needed so as to make it easier on myself.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all your love and support during these hard times for me and my family and it really does mean the world to me. Have a great day, everyone....Love ya guys!!!

22. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Right on. Please put me down for 2, I may add two more when I talk to my fig buddies who don't have a force.net acount yet. LOL Thanks for the update. I can't wait!

23. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    No problem Buggs, just let me know!!!

24. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thanks for the pricing update, Amidala. I will be sending you my payment for two badges as soon as you get your PayPal account activated.

25. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    Amidala081499,

Could you put me down for a badge as well? I can pay through paypal, just send me a PM with the info.

Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.