main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Final Exam (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi Obi-Wan, Mar 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jedi Obi-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2000
    This is a re-write of School Days, but I'm taking the story in a different direction. If you've read what I had posted on School Days, you'll want to read this too. :)

A biiiiiig thank you to Senni_Arava and Ty-gon Jinn for betaing this for me! :D :D :D

*~*~*

"No! Not happening! I can't...I won't do it!"

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn blew out a breath. "Padawan, you don't have a choice. These clothes are necessary to ensure the success of our mission."

"But I look so...so..."

"Stupid."

"Keni!" Qui-Gon said, shooting the padawan a glare.

Kendrina Jonesse shrugged. "Well, don't you think so, Master?"

Jedi Master Liven Matthias studied the fifteen year old boy again. "I wouldn't say stupid...but that certainly is an interesting choice of dress." He turned to the woman who was in charge of their wardrobe. "Jacylyn, are you sure this is what the kids at Ceriin wear?"

The fashion designer nodded. "This is what the 'normal' kids all over the galaxy wear. I'd say the boy is finally in style. Those Jedi clothes are so... they may have been in style a millennium ago, but now..." Jacylyn made a face.

Obi-Wan Kenobi looked down at his clothes once more. He wore a black t-shirt that hung nearly to his knees and a pair of super baggy shorts that were even longer. On his head was a hat, worn backwards, that helped conceal his now black hair. He looked across the room at Keni, who still eyed his clothes suspiciously.

Keni was going to be his partner on the the mission ahead. She was a Jedi student his age. They were going to the planet Ira, to uncover a ring of kidnappings. While there, they were attend Ceriin Academy of Learning to protect the students there.

Ceriin was a private school famous for the great scholars that had graduated from it, and many powerful persons had sent their children there. The school was said to have one of the best security systems in the galaxy. Until last month...

A young boy named Javon Ho, son of Dante Ho, was kidnapped. Dante was a senator for R'Rynei, a middle rim planet. Since then more than a dozen kidnappings had taken place.

"Your turn, Kendrina."

Keni looked up in surprise. "You honestly think I'd let her work on me after what she did to him?"

"Oh come now, Padawan." Liven said, hiding a smile. "It's not all that bad."

"Yes it..."

"Padawan," he said, his tone leaving no room for an argument. "Now."

Keni sighed. "Alright. Fine. But if she makes me look like a nerfherder..."

"You'll go like that." her Master finished for her.

"But... Master!" she objected, giving him a pleading look.

"Oh, don't worry Padawan, even if you do look horrible, I'll still love you." Liven said, reaching hand out to his apprentice.

"That's not funny," Keni said, turning her back on her Master and reluctantly following Jacylyn into the dressing room.

Matthias turned to Qui-Gon. "Did Yoda brief you on our mission?"

Qui-Gon shook his head. "He told me you would."

Liven nodded. "While Obi-Wan and Keni are attending Ceriin, we're going to be on Oeretsa. We got a tip, they think the kidnappers are hiding out somewhere a on the outskirts of a small town called Relea."

"What about our apprentices?"

"They'll have comlinks with them. They'll contact us once a week. And they'll have their lightsabers hidden under their clothes at all times. They should be fine."

Qui-Gon nodded. He didn't like leaving his apprentice alone, but Obi-Wan had shown over and over that he was was quite capable of taking care of himself. Maybe that was why the Council had chosen Kendrina and Obi-Wan in the first place.

They were to pose as brother and sister. They looked remarkably alike, except for the difference in hair color. Jacylyn had taken care of that. They both had the same build, and Keni was only slightly shorter than Obi-Wan. Their blue-green eyes were almost identical.

Jacylyn emerged from the back room grinning. "She's done. I have all the things she'll need at Ceriin in here," she said, handing two suitcases to Keni's Master. "Kendrina! Come

2. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    Great start, Jedi Obi-wan! I can't wait to see some of the other chapters I've beta-ed.

3. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    "Tell me again who you are."

Keni nodded. They had been going over her cover story for the entire trip. "Kendrina Delubin. I'm a high school freshman. My brother is Obi-Wan Delubin, a high school junior. We're the children of Ah-lit Delubin, richest man on Lortea, a jungle planet on the Outer Rim."

Matthias smiled. "Very good. You'll do fine."

The captain stepped into their lounge. "Excuse me, Jedi. We have exited hyperspace and will soon be on the planet. I recommend you gather your things," He bowed and left the room.

Obi-Wan stood. This was the moment they had all dreaded. Their Masters could not be seen with them on Ira. They would have to say goodbye on the transport.

Qui-Gon stood in front of him. He layed a big hand on his apprentice's shoulder. "Take care, Padawan."

Obi-Wan nodded. He looked over to see Keni doing the same thing. She was doing a good job on her control, but Obi-Wan could tell she wasn't looking to forward to this part of the mission. They may not see their Masters for months. Even a year. And they were both acutely aware that they may not even see each other again.

Keni walked over to stand by Obi-Wan. She swallowed her emotions. Obi-Wan copied her example. "Let's go."

4. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Looks good! Keep it coming JO-W

5. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    *hugs Jemmiah*

Thank you! I was beginning to think this story was going down the crapper. :)

6. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    This ia really good! Can't wait for more!

7. Rouge Null

Rouge Null Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Very cool. I like it a lot. Keep it coming.

8. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Thank you sooo much for all the replies!

*~*~*

"Master Delubin. Madam Delubin. Would you please step inside?" The driver stood before them, door open. The white cloud car had the Ceriin logo on the side."

Obi-Wan and Keni stepped inside. The interior was beautifully decorated in a crimson and ebony satin. A data pad was in front of them, and at the sides glasses of the fanciest wines on Ira. The two Jedi exchanged looks.

"Wine?" Keni asked.

Obi-Wan shrugged. "These kids are probably used to it."

Obi-Wan stared at his surroundings. It was beautiful, and as the driver went farther out into the country, the more lovely it became. A bright blue sky sharply contrasted with the fluffy white clouds high above them. And the sky was only the back drop in a gorgeous painting.

Maple, elm, and acorn trees surrounded a crystal clear lake. A mother swan and four youngsters swam along the bank making ripples in the otherwise still waters. A green forest frog made a splash as he jumped in, with his friend right behind him.

Obi-Wan smiled, but stifled a yawn. They had stayed up into the long hours of the night discussing their mission. Now he wished he had been able to get a little more sleep.

He glanced at Keni. Her eyes were shut and her breathing steady. He probed the force. She was meditating, not sleeping. Obi-Wan tried meditating, but kept having to jerk himself awake. Finally he allowed himself to drift into a deep, deep sleep.

((DREAM SCENE))

Fear

Anger

Aggression

Blasters

Being herded like animals. Animals blind with fear. The deadly weapons keep them in check. Darkness covers the whole area. Darkness that envelopes the entire area.

A lone dark figure rises from the shadows. He takes his place in front of the frightened crowd. He speaks, but he cannot be heard. But it does not take sound to know his message is evil.

Suddenly, a lone light rises in the darkness. An orange display of hope. A beacon to all. The light steps up to challenge the darkness.

The battle rages. It seems like hours. The light seems to fade. I'm running toward it. I need to help it. But the more I run, the farther away I get. The light is almost non-existent now.

The light is knocked down. The darkness smiles. It thrusts it's darkness into the light, and the light flickers out...

9. ella_bella

ella_bella Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2001
    I don't read JA much but this looks interesting!

10. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    see what happens when you post regularly?
    j/k
    :p

11. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Expect a post tonight or tomorrow! :D

12. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I remember reading School Days, but then I sort of lost it. Last I remember Obi was waking in hospital after being tortured and Keni had just found out her master had died. Did you finish or have you decided to scrap it and start over? I'm not quite certain what you meant by re-write. Back when I was writing it wasn't unusual for me to write several different stories based on the same plot line because I couldn't decide where I wanted to go, so I decided to go everywhere. :) Anyway, I'm looking forward to where you decide to take this.

13. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    The other is very dead. :D

14. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Sorry this was late!

*~*~*

Obi-Wan woke up in a cold sweat. He glanced over at Keni, who was still meditating. He breathed a sigh of relief. He didn't want her to find out about it, he was sure he was edgy enough for the both of them. He gathered the force around him and it slowly drove out his fear. He sighed.

"We need to be careful on the mission," he said, turning to face her.

She chuckled. "Yes, Master."

He fought to keep a blush from rising into his face. "I'm serious. I have a-"

"...bad feeling about this," she finished for him. "You could coin that phrase."

He sighed.

Just then the cloud car stopped and the driver opened the door for them. He smiled brightly. "Sir, Miss, welcome to your new home."

15. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    *sigh*

Up

16. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Qui-Gon Jinn stared absently out the window into the depths of hyperspace. He was missing his apprentice already. The transport was quiet. Much too quiet. It lacked the chatter of teenagers.

His padawan had always brought a charge into the air. If Obi-Wan was in the room, there was always energy in the air. Sometimes Qui-Gon wondered if the fifteen year old ever ran out of energy.

Now things seemed so dull and quiet. Without Obi-Wan around, Qui-Gon was beginning to feel like an old man. He had no one to scold, no one to comfort. No ever talkative mouth by his side. And he had absolutely nothing to do.

Qui-Gon glanced across the room to Liven, who seemed just as bored as he was. The Jedi Master caught him looking and grinned.

"It's not easy is it?"

Qui-Gon sighed. "No. This is the first time we've been separated on a mission in a few years. "

Liven nodded. His dark eyes looked pained. "I worry about Keni."

"Why?"

"Because this is the first time she's been on her own since it happened."

"Oh."

Qui-Gon nearly shuddered just thinking about it. Four months ago, Keni and her twenty year old brother, Rall, had been having a rare time alone. It was Keni's fifteenth birthday, and Rall had taken her to a restaurant on Coruscant.

One of Rall's enemies had followed Kendrina and her brother that night. He waited until they had ordered to make his move. The attackers had pulled out blasters and thermal detonators. They killed all but two people in the restaurant. Those people were Rall and Keni.

They dragged the pair into a vehicle and driven into the night. They had found Keni, beaten and bloody, a few nights later. Laying beside her, in a pool of blood, had been Rall.

Later, Keni had told them that the attacker, who had turned out to be an old roommate, had tortured Rall for hours. Rall was not force sensitive, and a Yrislami had been put in the room next to Keni.

Rall had been Keni's only living relative. And according to her Master, Keni blamed herself for all the deaths that night, including his.

Qui-Gon couldn't imagine what Keni must have been going through for the past months. Force, she was only fifteen. How could anyone put a fifteen year old girl through that?

"I think that a lot myself."

Qui-Gon slammed his mental shields up. "I didn't realize I was broadcasting my thoughts."

Liven chuckled. "Happens to the best of us." His face grew grave. "Especially when you think about something like that."

17. Jade's Fire2003

Jade's Fire2003 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 12, 1999
    Very very interested. This is another story I plan on keeping a close watch on..

18. jedi_dawn2dusk

jedi_dawn2dusk Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2000
    Hi! anyone out there? Oh well,
    UP! :)

19. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    EEK! Sorry this took so long, I've only been home for 2-3 days during the last 2 weeks.

*~*~*

Obi-Wan smiled to himself as he made his way to Keni's room. He had finished unpacking fifteen minutes ago, and had quickly become bored. Alright, he was going to be honest with himself. He could not stand his roommate.

Cameron Wilks was blonde headed, green eyed, buck toothed, and talkative. Very talkative. The kid talked faster and longer than anyone he had ever met. Obi-Wan wondered how he talked so much and still had time to breathe. It annoyed the heck out of him.

Room 167...

Room 168...

Room 169...

Room 170...

Here. Room 171.

"Knock knock. Keni, it's me."

"Hold on, Obi-Wan."

Obi-Wan stuck his hands in his pockets impatiently. Then he noticed the names of the occupants of the room.

Aliya Mac
    Kendrina Kenobi
    Ole Wilks

Obi-Wan nearly burst out laughing. Keni opened the door. He grinned. "Can I come in?"

She gave him a relieved look. "Please!"

"Oh Kendrina?"

Keni grimaced. Obi-Wan tried to hide his amusement. The voice was high enough to shatter glass.

"Yes, Ole?"

"Who's this cutie? I mean, I thought I knew everyone here, and well, is he related to you? You never mentioned it. You're so silly. Then again I've only known you for a few minutes, but still you had time. Oh we've been talking so much! You should have told me. Oh well, you're still my friend." The girl smiled brightly.

Obi-Wan looked at Keni. "Did she say all of that in one breath?" he whispered.

She rolled her eyes. "You haven't seen anything yet," she whispered back.

"Well, Kendrina, are you going to introduce me?"

Keni spoke through clamped teeth. "I would appreciate it if you'd call me Keni."

"Oh, no. I could never do that. Protocol, you know. Aliya wants me to call her Al, but that sounds boyish, don't you think? I mean, I wouldn't want anyone to abbreviate my name. Then again, you couldn't abbreviate my name. But my brother, Cameron, you met him haven't you? you could easily abbreviate his name. But I called him Cam once, and he slapped me across the face. Don't you hate it when brothers do that?"

Keni groaned softly, and Obi-Wan again had to stifle a laugh. "I'm Obi-Wan Kenobi, Keni's brother."

Ole stepped forward and shook his hand vigorously. "Hi. I'm Ole Wilks. You're rooming with Cameron? I don't know why they do that? Brothers and sisters rooming with the others brother and sisters? They do that often. Aliya is an only child. Oh, but you haven't met her. Anyway, I hope you like Cameron, but he can be annoying sometimes, so if he is just tell me and I'll smack him."

"Um, nice to meet you." Obi-Wan said, fighting a smile.

"Ole? I need to talk to Obi-Wan. Privately. So could you please.."

"Oh sure, Kendrina. You must have stuff to talk about. Cameron and I always do. Yes, we talk about everything from family to why his hair sticks up when he wakes up. We think It's because his pillow. It's too soft. Not good for his back. Well, I'll see you later Kendrina, and I enjoyed talking to you too, Obi-Wan." Ole left the room and shut the door.

Obi-Wan and Keni burst into laughter.

Keni stopped after a few moments and rolled her eyes. "I don't think I can survive this!" she said, falling back on her bed. But then she grinned. "You got her brother? What's he like?"

Obi-Wan chuckled. "He talks too, but I think she takes the cake."

Keni got up and went over to a bag to finish unpacking. Obi-Wan came over to help.

Keni turned to look at him. "Did Mr. Cartei talk to you yet?"

"No."

"We're supposed to have dinner with him in the principal's office. He wants to discuss our mission."

"Can't we just talk to the principal?"

Keni shook her head. "Everyone in the school is a suspect. She thinks we're just regular students."

"When's dinner?"

Keni laughed. "In ten minutes."

Obi-Wan picked up a music box out of Keni's bag. "What's this?"

Keni smiled. "The present my Master gave me when I turned thirteen. Open it."

20. Jedi Obi-Wan

Jun 18, 2000
    Obi-Wan and Keni waited outside the hall. They could hear raised voices in the office. A few moments later, a boy about their age come out with a cocky grin on his tanned face. His bright blue eyes arrogantly swept over the two Jedi. "Yo," he said, and passed them by.

Keni shrugged and entered the office. A well dressed man rose from a polished solid oak desk and flashed them a million dollar smile.

He and Keni sat down in overstuffed velvet chairs. The man smiled again. "You are the Jeedi sent to help us, yes?" he said in a Danian accent.

Keni nodded. "I am Kendrina Jonesse and this is my partner Obi-Wan Kenobi."

The man leaned back and knitted his fingers together. "Ah.. yes, yes. I am Abram Datoya. I know little of the Jeedi, but you fight good, yes?"

Keni nodded. "We try to resolve things without using our weapons, but yes, we can fight if needed."

The balding man nodded. "This is good. You defend students. This is good. You wear weapons with you, yes?"

Obi-Wan nodded his head. "Our lightsabers are always on us."

Abram rose. "This is good," he repeated. "You must watch what you say outside of office, Jeedi. I have discovered many bugs. No one must learn your identity, yeah?"

"I agree," Keni said.

Abram nodded his head up and down. "Good. Good. Mrs. Datoya bring us food, we eat and talk more."

He clapped his hands and a petite young lady came in with a tray of food. She flashed Abram a bright smile and kissed the bald spot on his head. "Here is your meal, sweetheart. Enjoy." She walked out of the room with a little bounce in her step.

Abram smiled. "That wife number twenty-two. She better cook than previous wives. You agree?"

Obi-Wan took a bite of some kind of meat in a thick sauce. He smiled his approval. "It's good. Did you say wife twenty-two?"

Abram nodded. "Been married twenty-two times. All wives leave me. What can I say?" he bit into his chicken leg and swallowed the piece whole.

Keni hid a smile. Obi-Wan nearly choked on his chicken. Abram held out a plate. "Would you like slice of gravy? Tin-Tin good cook, but gravy dense. Like Tin-Tin, methinks."

Obi-Wan and Keni laughed. Abram raised a gray eyebrow. "My honesty surprises you, young ones? I learn to say what I think."

Abram finished his food faster than Obi-Wan and Keni. He smiled as he watched them finish. "Ah yes, eat Jeedi! Eat! You two skinny, methinks. Need fat on bones."

They smiled. Obi-Wan took a second helping and finished it within just a few minutes. Keni shook her head in awe.

"Jeedi, your presence here is good. No more kidnappings, I hope. These nappers are very cautious. They leave no signs. You start from scratch as they say, yes?"

Keni nodded. "We will. What time have the kidnappings taking place?"

"The stroke of midnight. We keep guard on students, yeah? But there are more students than guards. We can't put guard on every student, yeah? They hate that," he scooted his chair back and rose. " This been good meeting, yeah? We have more. Be good, have fun, keep watch. And mingle. Must get to know students, yes? "

Obi-Wan and Keni rose and bowed. They left the room. Obi-Wan sighed. "We've got our work cut out for us, yes?" he said, mocking the little man inside. Keni laughed.

"Come on, bro. Let's go mingle."

21. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Twenty-two wives...that's interesting...

Post more!!!

22. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
    Up up up up up...

23. Jade's Fire2003

Oct 12, 1999
  24. FurryDuck

FurryDuck Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    this is pretty cool.