main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Financial Situations

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Nyder, Dec 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    When one person says one thing and everybody else the other then it is just an Oppinion

If many people say the one thing then mayhap you should listen, there could be something to it.

2. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    That maybe so...

But have they attempted what I am doing?

And furthermore:

IT IS A RISK NOT TO INVEST, IF YOU KEEP LIQUID ASSETS IN LOW INTEREST BEARING ACCOUNTS, YOU LOSE MONEY VIA INFLATION; SUCH THAT AT 3% P.A., YOUR MONEY COULD DEPRECIATE BY 30% IN 10 YEARS!!!!!!!!

At the moment I'm considering fixed interest investments but the real value and growth comes from shares and property...

3. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    In most cases people will say one thing because they have tried the other and learned that it does not work. They therefore adopt the method that works best for them. This goes for everything we may experience in life.

It would be quite reasonable to assume that yes some of what we say here is because we have tried doing what you are proposing but to no avail for one reason or other and have found that the opposite is what we should have been striving for in the first place. Or maybe we are just listening to the romantic side of our souls and learning from that.

The point however is that it does not matter wether we have done so or not, only that either we say so because of experience or because of belief. Both of which is equally as important as the other and niether should be discounted as the truth.

4. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    This is a very complex argument and I certainly do not have the answers or even begin to gather enough information to provide the answer.....

However, it is an experiment by me and lucky you get to sit in the glass house and observe.......

Will I fail disastrously, or will I succeed triumphantly? :confused:

Only time will tell.........................

5. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Then I am sure we all wish you luck in your venture. One thing though, there is no need to be going on about it all the time. We are aware of your goal and you don't need to repeat yourself as doing so does get tiresome after a fashion and you will bring the worst out of people from doing so.

Try sitting in front of a child who constantly asks you "why" and see how you fare. You will find that after the third or fourth time it does become annoying to the point of frustration.

6. casual-jedi

casual-jedi Jedi Master star 4

May 6, 2002
    Grieyls is on FFFYYYAAAHHH!!!

You go Boieee!!!

And now for your retort Nyds. :D

7. -luigi-

-luigi- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I think your the negative one, foresaking personal relationships for financial gain.

8. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Nyder, you may notice that none of us has said we think you will fail. Not the point we make

9. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    We can only give advice, wether he chooses to take it or leave it is up to him... Can't really do more than that apart from strapping him to a table and brain washing him... Actually who's up for that [face_mischief]

10. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Forsaking personal relationships for financial gain?........ well, Luigi, just wait till I have my own apartment, then I'll be able to invite everyone over for drinks ;)

And Grieyls, no need to tip-toe around the issue, just spell it out like this:

NYDER, YOU ANNOYING BASTARD! YOU ARE A ****ING BROKEN RECORD, EITHER SHUT UP ABOUT MONEY OR YOU GET BANNED, YOU TOSSER!!!

;) :p he he, said all in jest of course :D

11. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    But it jsut captures the sentiment so well. :p

12. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Ah well, I was trying to be a little more diplomatic than that, but yeah ok. :p

13. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    But this is a thread based on money, so I have therefore given myself licence to talk about it in here ;)

And according to my calculations, I will have $30 000 by the end of the year..

Not bad for a deposit on an apartment, don't you think? Well, it will become fruition....

Because, you see, I have to mention this, is that property and shares are the best investments because their value grows and can also provide a source of income, whilst interest bearing investments can not do both as if you use it as an income vehicle, the pricipal amount gradually depreciates via inflation so you are left with an amount that has a lot less purchasing power than it did before....

Just think, I could use $5000 to receive income payments, at %7.29 p.a, which is like an extra dollar a day but that goes up say at 20000 which is like 28 dollars a week....

But if you're not game on shares or property, then money growth I believe is the essential option..........

---------------------
    Disclaimer: I do not proport to impart investment advice and will not be held liable for any actions taken as a result of information obtained in this post.

:D

14. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    I was thinking about investing in a unit when I got home. But I definately won't have 30 large. What can I get for a fiver?

15. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    A bag of lollies and a tooth pick.

16. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    How much do you think I can charge for rent on that?

17. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Two cents an hour and all you can eat.

18. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Great, so at two cents an hour, the tenants will have eaten the lollies and picked their teeth clean. I'll end up with two cents and any empty bag.

Anyone want to rent a bag for $4.98 an hour?

19. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Well what's the point Otter?

Quick, find a nice rich lady in the States! :p

20. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    This is silly.

21. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Nice rich Americans tend not to go for poor, nomadic Australians.

22. Nyder

Nyder Jedi Master star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    There must be a lot of investment vehicles in the US though... financial capital of the world..

Go to wall street, and chat up some of those accounting chicks :p

23. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    Should I open up with a "So, how solid's your assets?" kind of line?

I don't know, Dollars. I'm all for the establishment of finanncial independence, but I don't know if I could be with someone whose sole motivation was the accumulation of money.

24. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Oh come on Otter, I'm sure picking up a woman based entirely on how wealthy she is ,and how financial her future is likely to be is your usual way of choosing a partner.

25. Otter

Otter Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2001
    I'm usually not that specific.

If they are breathing it's usually good for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.