main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finishing the Fight: The Halo 3 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jango10, Nov 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    SPOILER WARING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT BEAT HALO 2.

We all know it is coming. Dicuss plot, features, weapons, levels anything that has to do with Halo 3. Even though Bungie hasn't annouced it yet it will be fun to discuss.

In Halo 2 we leave the Master Chief who is on a Forerunner Starship heading toward Earth. The pilot is the Prophet of Truth, the Covenant Hierarch. He is going to Earth to activate the other Halo rings and start the Great Journey.

Let me ask you this, since Earth is the Ark, the site to activate all of the Halo rings, is it possible that humans might be the Forerunners? That would be a twist!

2. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    Earth is the ark? I didn't know that, hum...

3. Shackleton

Shackleton Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2004
    If Halo 3 is ever produced, it would be a good title to launch the X-Box 2 with, in the same way Halo was launched with the original X-Box back in 2001.

4. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    I assumed Earth is the Ark since when Commander Keyes asked 343 Guilty Spark where the Ark was it cut directly back to the Master Chief in the space above Earth.

5. DarkSithDrew

Apr 24, 2004
    Shackleton- Yah, that would garuntee alot more x-box2 sold. There gonna be called Zeons I think.

Jango10-That makes sence I guess. It would be a big suprise.

6. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I can't say I know a whole lot about Halo, or games in general, but I do recall reading, or hearing, that there would not be another Halo...at least not on X-Box. Perhaps X-Box2 (or whatever), but I remember hearing it wouldn't be out on X-Box. *shrugs* Go figure. :p

*walks away*

~Vassago

7. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I do remember Bungie stating "There will be nothing after Halo 2." However, after the ending Halo 2 presented us with, there needs to be *some* kind of resolution. There's too much for them to simply finish this with a book.

The Covenant Civil war didn't leave us needing an ending...but the actions of the Prophet of Truth surely does, as does the Gravemind and Cortana.

I believe there will be a Halo 3, and it will be a shipping title with the sucessor to the Xbox.

8. DarkSithDrew

Apr 24, 2004
    Well maybe if they arn't going to make a halo 3 game...they would make a movie. Who knows there is a possibility if they done it good (and its for theaters) then they could make just as much if not more money than they could from a game. I doubt they would do that, but...ya never know.

9. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It'd be ludicrous for Halo 3 to be anything but a game. Jeez, I can't believe people are even suggesting such a thing.

10. DarkSithDrew

Apr 24, 2004
    i didnt say I wanted it, I'm just saying it's a possibility. I mean hay, they made books didn't they.

11. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 3 is slated to be the Xbox 2 launch title. I'd hate it if it were true, seeing as I want to see the story's conclusion NOW, not 2-3 years from now. It's ridiculous; I mean, would it have been such a stretch to add a few final levels to game to wrap things up right here and now?

12. DarkSithDrew

Apr 24, 2004
    They could, but them greedy terds want more MONEY which they can get plenty of with yet another halo title!

13. -The_Chosen_One-

-The_Chosen_One- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    I don't want to spoil many people with this one, but here goes.

If you've beaten Halo 2 on legendary, you'll know what I'm talking about.

"February 9th"

I don't know what it's supposed to signify, maybe Bungie has been up to more than we think. ;)

14. DarkSithDrew

Apr 24, 2004
    okay thanks, I'll have to try and just do the last stage :p

15. General-Jawa007

General-Jawa007 Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    Spoilers:

If you've beaten Halo 2 on legendary, you'll know what I'm talking about.

"February 9th"

so what you are saying is that bungie is releasing halo 3 on feb 9 of what year?

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Usually when they give day and month without the year it means the release will happen the next time the day comes-up, so 2005. I have this nagging feeling it will be levels you can download from XBox Live... and I don't like that feeling(cheap ploy to push the online service... I don't want to pay 50 ******* dollars just for Halo 2 multiplayer).

17. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    It's either the announcement date for Halo 3 or the release date for Halo 3.

I really hope it's not a "Come online and download a final level for Halo 2...all for another fifty bucks." That would blow.

18. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    February 9th uh.....It may be the unveiling of Halo 3. I don't think they could just release it on February 9th without anyone knowing it.

19. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    Or maybe the humans arn't forerunners just decendents of them....maybe that is what a reclaimer is, someone who possesses traits of forerunners?

20. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    That's true...but how cool would it be if there was just an announcement on February 8th.

"Tomorrow, Halo 3 will be available across the United States."

It would send the majority of us gamers into anaphylactic shock.

21. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    That would be awesome! I would skip school on the 9th to go get it.

22. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I think they said there wouldnt be another HALO, just to throw the masses a curve. If you have beaten HALO2, you know there HAS to be another one. Add to the fact the insane amount of money they pulled in, on the first day alone, and there will be another HALO. It is possible to use it for the X-Box2, I just hope they have it set up so it can play games from the first X-Box as well.

23. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    the xbox2 won't come out for another couple of years. I can't wait that long to find out what happens.

24. Jango10

Sep 22, 2002
    So do you think you will be fighting alongside the Elites, Grunts, and Hunters now? Or do you think they may just drop out of the war for good?

25. -The_Chosen_One-

-The_Chosen_One- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2004
    I think the war will be just about over, but a good portion of it will still be played.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.