main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Finn and Rey's Cat Cantina and Pizza Parlor (The Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Nov 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Was looking at pictures of St. Maartens... it looks like it was hit by a bomb! :( And two more incoming... yikes! The weather here was GORGEOUS today... sunny, warm but not too warm, not humid, very mild breeze...the kind of weather to totally play hooky from work. I didn't, but I wanted to. We are supposed to get rain this weekend; I think the tail end of Harvey and the first arm of Irma are going to brush us here. Not storm force, just lots and lots and lots of rain.

Glad that your old ladies liked the movie, Chyntuck! I liked it, too. I did think I spotted a few colonial soldiers among the French defenders at the very, very, very beginning of the film, but it was a "blink and you missed it" moment.

I was a little worried coming home from work...six (count 'em, SIX!) power company trucks parked around my apartment complex. Apparently, a transformer blew underground. The only thing that is affected is heat/AC --which we don't need, due to perfect weather-- the power itself is on. Weird. But I'm grateful.

Hope everyone else is safe and happy. Glad you didn't take that job, whiskers! Yeah, you could get through a few months of 7-day/12-hour weeks, but you'd need months to recover. You can find better. (I don't see a "thumbs up" happy face to insert, so consider one inserted!)

2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Yes, I hope everyone who is in the path of Irma (and Jose coming behind her!) stays safe!! [:D]

I loved the interaction with Luke and Ben in FOTJ! That was a big reason I kept reading, though I never did finish the series. Their evolving relationship was quite beautiful and I was looking forward to it continuing as Ben grew up.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I too loved the father/son stuff in FOTJ (I actually only ended up skimming Apocalypse for the Luke and Ben scenes), but I had so much hope that it would be the focus of the series (like it was in the first book of the series), but it ended up going off in too many 'AHHHHHH THE GALAXY IS ENDING' plots.

All this weather is strange, scary and sad. The south/east of the continent is under water (with more coming), while here in the west, we are still burning.

AzureAngel2 and Vinylshadow like this.
  4. MartyAvidianus

MartyAvidianus Jedi Padawan star 3

May 14, 2017
    I can see it now:

Ten years from now.

Captain Rakkaus: It is now time again to write about your favourite ships!

Fanficer one: I'm going to write about Kylo/Rey.
    Fanficer Two: Great idea. But I'm going to pair Kylo with Janen.
    Fanficer one: Huh. Who is Janen?
    Fanficcer Two: Janen is female Legend EU character from something called NJO.
    Fanficer One: Cool. Good luck.
    Three: Uh, Sorry to burst your bubble, but Janen is male.
    One and Two: Says who?
    Three: I read it somewhere on the wook.
    One and Two: Wook can't be trusted. And a Female!Janen is better.
    Three: Whatever. Bye.
    Mu: Uh guys, Janen is a ship, it's Jacen and Nen Yim.
    One, Two: You are trolling. Ignore.

5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    I don't know most of these ship names.

The first time I saw one of your (or maybe Darth_Mu's) discussion posts, you asked if anyone were fans of [ship name], and I assumed it was a character I had not encountered yet.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  6. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    +1

Guys, guys, guys, I am so excited! I got my psychological testing results this morning and I AM NOT BIPOLAR. I spent five months unnecessarily sedated with medicines that could kill an elephant for no good reason, because the doctor got me totally wrong and though I was having a mania. Turns out I am emotionally unstable (and I have no problem confessing that, sensitivity is a good trait, IMHO), but nowhere near a debilitating chemical malfunction.

I CAN'T EVEN DESCRIBE HOW HAPPY I AM RIGHT NOW.

Hope to resume writing and commenting soon. <3 And get out of the financial crap we got in. *bites nails*

Kahara, AzureAngel2, Sith-I-5 and 9 others like this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Fantabulous Ewok Poet @};- @};- So happy to hear that and that you're off those pesky unnecessary meds.

9. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    I wish I could hit "Like" more than once. This is great news and I am so glad for you; you have been so stressed out about this. Take a deep breath, and you can work towards getting yourself healthy and happy again. (And I am particularly glad that you may start doing some writing again...there are a bunch of Ewoks contemplating a new moon in the sky who need their story continued!!!)

10. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    That is awesome news. Are they letting you get off the drug cold turkey or are they going to have to wean you off? Either way, I hope it all goes well.

11. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
  12. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
  13. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    Great news, Ewok Poet! I'm glad to hear it!

AzureAngel2 and Ewok Poet like this.
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    *Volunteers as DJ for EP's dance party. Blasts Yub Nub.*

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    How dose it fit with what we see in the Leia comic and does it make any references to it?

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    That's awesome news Ewok Poet! I hope you start feeling more like yourself once you are off the meds.

As for me, I no longer feel like a complete useless bum for not having much to do this month (while everyone I know is either back in school or at work). I got my schedule for my master's program, which starts in October - basically what is due what week and when each module starts/ends. It doesn't look too intense, but we go all year round for the next 2 years. I get 3 week breaks every ~4 months, but no more 5 month long stretches with not much to do, which is nice, because I'm starting to go a little crazy. So I'm going to try to enjoy the rest of this month because I don't get a break till the end off January.

17. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    I don't know, I haven't read the Leia comics yet (or any New Canon comics for that matter [face_blush] ) That's probably a question for this thread.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  18. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    If you can only read one series of New canon comics, I recommend the Dr. Aphra series.

AzureAngel2, Gamiel and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Great news, Ewok Poet!

20. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I so happy for you Ewok Poet!! I'm glad you can get off the meds that haven't been helping you and I hope you feel better very quickly!

So every now and then I look at petfinder.com and torture myself with the doggos I can't have right at the moment because I'm glutton for punishment. My favorite breed is the Westie (West Highland White terror Terrier) and my boyfriend's favorite is a dachshund. Well yesterday, I found a West Highland Doxie; he's 4 years old and such a cutie with really unique coloring. That may just be a sign that we need him.

Lady_Misty and Ewok Poet like this.
  21. DARTH_MU

Feb 9, 2005
    I'm just not a dog or cat person....
    I have this suspicion that they will bite me as soon as I let my guard down.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Plot Twist: the dog/cat has a suspicion you might bite them if they let their guard down as well.

AzureAngel2, DARTH_MU and Ewok Poet like this.
  23. Mistress_Renata

Sep 9, 2000
    Well, I woke up this morning to find that TF.N has awarded me a trophy. I am "account seventeen." I have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE what that means. At least some of things they give you make sense, but this one? Nope. Has me stumped.

AzureAngel2, Ewok Poet and Chyntuck like this.
  24. Chyntuck

Jul 11, 2014
    Mistress_Renata I'm pretty sure it means you've been registered for *gasp* 17 years. Happy boardversary! [face_party]

AzureAngel2 and Lady_Misty like this.
  25. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    How hard will it be having a dog in the city? I assume you are in an apartment, but I could be wrong.

I'm a cat person. I don't dislike dogs or dog people. What I don't like is when a dog person gets offended when I tell them I prefer cats because they don't need as much care as a dog (walking, bathing and such). I had one person say, "If you think dogs are too much work, then you better not have children." What? If a person said, "I'm not a kid person." I wouldn't say, "Well, if you can't handle a child, then you better not own a pet!" o_O

I've only encountered this problem with dog owners. I have told aquarium owners, "I don't have fish because cleaning the tank must be a chore", and they've never told me I shouldn't have kids if I can't handle cleaning a tank. [face_thinking]

ACK! My allergies are killing me this week...but I guess having a high pollen count is better than dealing with a hurricane. I hope all of the board members living down south in the path of the hurricane are in a safe place. [face_praying]

Congratulations Mistress_Renata on 17 years of membership.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.