main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN First Knoxville FANFORCE meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by K9-Rod, May 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Ok, here we go....

I will try to organize a few FANFORCE meetings to see who is interested in Knoxville to join such a group.

Our first meeting will be on Saturday morning at 10:00am at ADVENTURE CON...for info go to http://toyshow.org/.

Here we will discuss among the attendees interested, in the prospect of forming an organized group of Star Wars fans and talk about possible future meetings, places, dates and ways to hold these meetings.

This first meeting will be an act of improvisation since there is no formed sturcture.

I will have sompe points that we can go over in regards to organizing this group. But bring your suggestions and opinions. If you don't this ain't going to work.

If anybody needs any info or has any questions please feel free to e-mail me at rx-78-2@juno.com

2. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    I would like to come in that early, but I can't make it then because I have to work. I will try to get there when I can but if you guys plan to leave by 4:00 I won't bother to go so let me know. You guys can sort out what you can, but I'm just letting you know now that it will be impossible for me come in until after I get done working.

3. Kador

Kador Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2001
    10:00 am eh? well I wandered in about 11:00am having missed this post, wandered around for 5 hours, listened to Peter Mayhew's Q&A (Chewie rocks!) and pestered TheRealFennShysa with a dozen questions when he did his presentation and then split, ah well. Maybe we'll have to try and get together at another time and place.

Kador

4. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    This first meeting had almost no advance word and no way for folks to make plans for it as a result. You need a better structure than this or people will not go to your meets. Please try to put out word for the next meeting at least 2 weeks ahead so people can make time for it, otherwise folks like me and Kador will never make it.

If he was there at 11 though, where were you guys? He should have noticed you if you had a table I would think.

5. space_trooper

space_trooper Jedi Youngling

May 24, 2002
    I got there around eleven too but i didnt see a table after wondering around for a few hours. I did enjoy myself though and Chewie was great at the Q&A. Hopefully next time a meeting can actually take place.

6. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    People I am very sorry. I was trying to do too many things at the same time and too many of them fell through.

I was trying to get off work to spend more time at the show helping and that didn't pan out. I was one of the guys helping in the show and I barely got to spend any time with Peter Mayhew. And when I was there on Sat morning the place was so crowded there was no time for me to set up.

For that I apologize. Also, I had tried to get word to the FanForce site and I don't know what hapenned but it took a while to get posted.

Yes it was my fault not announcing it in advance but I didn't know in advance myself that we would be able to hold a meeting there.

Next time we will have better preparation, I promise. Please don't be turned off by my foul up....

Hope top meet you all soon.

I will post something soon with details of a next meeting

Rod

7. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Hey guys! I'm sorry that your first meeting fell through, but don't give up!

Rod, I got the meeting announcement, but it took me a day or two to get it posted, as I was having computer difficulties. My apologies.

Just be sure to get any other announcements to me as quickly as possible, so that I will have plenty of time to post them to the website.

Good luck! And, as always, if anyone has any questions, please let me know. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.