main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    not much, you?

I'm picturing you caterpillaring majestically right now

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm counting down the days until DA: Inquisition gets released.

3. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Ah, we got ourselves a BioWare fan

4. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Is that a bad thing? :)

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014

You have no idea.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm going to take that as a compliment. :p

7. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    So is Dragon Age your main fix or do you also dabble in things like SW:TOR and Mass Effect?

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

It is.

9. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I love Mass Effect. But Kotor for the original X Box was the first Biowere game I ever played. Followed by Kotor 2. I also play the online SWTOR when the mode strikes me. But right now it's DA: Inquisition. They have it on the new Frostbite engine and it looks incredible.

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

But KOTOR 2 is an obsidian game not a Bioware game.

11. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Nevermind then. My bad. It's been over a year since I've played it.

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Nice. I'm a big Mass Effect fan too.

Paragon or Renegade? And MaleShep or FemShep?

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014

Can I pick up a dragon age game without playing the others and understand its story.

Here is a video about space stuff and also something toughing at the end so make sure to watch the hole thing.

And no They don't mention Kate upton in the video go watch and read that somewhere else.

14. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Femshep; paragon except for when I meet that stupid reporter Emily Wong. You?

Jedi Knight Fett

Yeah. I mean you don't have to play the first two as long as you have a general idea of what is happening. If you just read a summery that's fine and they have pre-world states that are already on DA: Inquisition. Unless you use the keep which would be imported into the newest game only. But if you want to play DA: Inquisition, it's a fresh start. There are also books etc you can buy that add things into the story as a whole. The only thing is that there are a few previous characters, but you can just read the wiki on them and it's fine.

I'm going to check out that video now. Thanks. :)

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  15. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I may not be TheSilentInfluence, but I loved Mass Effect as well ... Always Paragon - I just CAN'T play Renegade, or Closed Fist, or Dark Side in a Bioware (or Obsidian) game ... I just can't. In PS:T, I was Neutral Good IIRC, no matter how often I replayed, and no matter which class. It's such a huge effort to play a different style ... I could stomach playing through KOTOR II as a Darksider just because I knew I would get the hilarious fourth-wall-breaking Atton Rand dialog during the third playthrough.
    Male!Shep or Female!Shep? I played and loved both. Usually I prefer playing as a male character, but Female!Shep could have the Garrus romance (and I adore Garrus, of course :p).

Ah yes, I played DA2 as a male because gender didn't matter much in the choice of romances.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Garrus is awesome. Was he the only one you romanced?

I always preferred Liara myself. But I didn't mind Garrus either. :)

17. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    As Fem!Shep: Liara in the first ME, Garrus in No 2 and 3. Garrus is the best! A dragoncattish cowboy cop sniper ...what's not to love about him? :D
    As male!Shep: Liara in the first ME, Jack in No 2 (and I haven't had the time to play ME3 as a guy yet).

I played 'DA: O' 6 times (once for each Origin), and I romanced Alistair in 4 of those playthroughs ^^. My guys never romanced anybody because I didn't like the female romance options very much ... my DA2 guy stuck with Anders (it was kind of refreshing to romance a chaotic ... well ... evilish lad), though I wish I could have romanced Varrick :D.

EDIT: Did you perchance play Jade Empire? If so, who was your favorite romance option?

18. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    That does make him appealing. ;) But I could say the same for Liara. A Hot blue alien chick who's into science? Yes please.

ME3 was good. But I didn't like that we had to choose from 'colors'. *sigh* I got over it for the most part though.

I romanced Alistair once. :) He's a sweet guy. But I loved Leliana more. It must have been the accent or you know, her shy until you get to know her personality. Lol.

In DA2 it was Isabela for the most part for my FemHawke. But I also romanced Fenris with my FemMageHawke. I didn't mind Anders. I kept wishing we could give him a cat as a present. But then he you know, blew up a chantry.

Everyone wishes they could romance Varric. He's like the forbidden fruit of romances.

Are you getting Inquisition?

19. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    I'm just not very prone to fall for chicks, unless they are Ripley or Vasquez. But Liara was definitely sweeter than Ashley.
    I didn't like several of the new gameplay decisions, but hey, it was Mass Effect :).

... a girl, so she was not really my cup of tea, but to each their own :).

Well, I still kept him around. He was whiny, angry, angsty and prone to fits of chaotic evil, but ... still.

Yes *sigh*. He's the ultimate charming rogue.

Definitely, but as always not as soon as it comes out. My backlog is way too big.

20. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Sgt Crowfield

She was. But she got pretty ruthless in the last two games. And anyway, if I like the character; boy or girl I'll romance them in the game. I never really liked Ashley though.

Like I said above, if I like the character; I'll romance them without caring about their gender. :)

Did you have Sabastian want to wage war on you? I didn't like him very much. At least Anders had a sense of humor.

Didn't we get to flirt with him though?

That's fine. :) I pre ordered so I've been counting the days down. I can let you know what it's like when it's come out and after I've played for a bit if you like?

21. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
    I wish I had Tarkin!

How was it, everyone?

22. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    ... uhhh, Sebastian. Don't ask me why, but I didn't like him, and in the end he left, anyway (my own fault, sure, but I really didn't care about that guy). And Anders lost most of his sense of humor after Awakening, now didn't he.
    Those teasers.
    Oh yes, that's pretty cool, I'm looking forward toyour review!

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Well, I didn't like him either. Whatever, I can take him down in Inquisition. ( Hopefully).

They'll be the end of us won't they?

For sure. There's also going to be a release of the prologue. live on Twitch tomorrow at 10 AM PST. But they'll put it up on youtube later. It's going to have major spoilers apparently. Have you seen most of the spoilers yet?

24. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    I steered clear of the spoilers so far, but I'm never averse to reading a few :).

25. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Okay. Hmm.

Well...I hope this isn't much of one but...

People think you are the Herald of Andraste because a woman was seen behind you in the fade as you left it after the explosion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.