main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fleet Junkie Flagship- The technical discussions of the GFFA (Capital Ships thread Mk. II)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Sep 12, 2005.

1. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    I can't get the 150m length for the CR90 out of my had. IIRC, isn't the 126m figure for the model we see in ROTS, which was noticeably different from the classic ANH Rebel blockade runner?

--Adm. Nick

2. Tzizvvt78

Tzizvvt78 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 12, 2009
  3. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    Did you guys see this?:
    [​IMG]

It's probably incomplete but still pretty impressive. Apparently it's every Imperial Canon ship to scale.

4. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Wonder where they got the CC-7700 from. I don't think it's mentioned anywhere.

5. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    It's from "Tarkin."

6. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That chart seems to be using the 418 Interdictor instead of the Rebels Interdictor. I also think that the Rebels QF is a bit larger than the Legends QF (and the chart there is using the Legends one).

7. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    Oh, I know they showed in Tarkin. I meant the size.

Btw, found some Imperial transports in ROTJ. They're mentioned in the script and show up to the right of the Northern hemisphere of the Death Star II in the film.
    They appear and disappear at different parts of the film, so they're not part of the DSII prop itself. Marked in red on two shots, early in the film and gone in two others, later:
    http://i.imgur.com/89ixpoX.png

8. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    So then, this would be out first clear, full image of a Tector? Why, if I didn't know better I'd say it was an ISD...

Cool image, though. I love these kinds of comparison images, aside from that AT-AT- anyone else think that it looks too big compared to the ISD?

9. Tzizvvt78

Jun 12, 2009
    It's 22 m tall. The main docking bay on an ISD is slightly bigger than a CR90 corvette. It's not that farfetched.

SheaHublin likes this.
  10. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    I guess that makes sense. Sure makes it easier to see why an ISD would have "only" 72 TIES, especially when the drop ships for the AT-ATs and the rest of the ground complement are also factored in. Come to think of it, the TIEs there look slightly too big, too, proportions wise.

Tzizvvt78 likes this.
  11. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    I have a question about the Ravager. It's a SSD and supposedly a really good ship.
    Is it the same type as the Executor? Or like the other weird non triangle SSDs from the EU?

I would look it up myself but I don't want spoilers because I'm not up to date.

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It's an Executor-class. Battlefront and TFA confirm that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  13. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...pretty sure non-Executor SSDs are still flying triangles.

14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I don't know if this is the best place to ask this but can someone tell me what the Rebel Gunboats are in Truce at Bakura. I recently finished it and have since been looking over Alliance ships and have not been able to find any mention of the model of ship that was used in the conflict. I know there is a sourcebook but sadly the is not much info on it.

15. chris1982

chris1982 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 17, 2015
    vncredleader likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Yup - it exists in the newcanon. And I presume that if a ship exists in both, the artist will default to Legends portrayal, when there's not yet a canon description that includes length.

Presumably the artist could put in a Lancer and a Secutor if they wanted.

They haven't yet taken into account the recent 325m Arquitens figure - maybe they could be notified?

17. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, I know that it's in Tarkin.

Anyway, it's easy to get the length of the canon Interdictor -- it has a CR90 in its belly. Get out your rulers, people, like the good old days :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

AdmiralNick22 likes this.
  18. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Based on that, the size of the NEU canon Interdictor is around 1,000 meters, +/-.

--Adm. Nick

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    On the FFG Armada forum, I've seen it narrowed down a bit more:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/229838-scale-chart/

As a rough, rough, assumption plagued estimate: the new interdictor should be in the neighborhood of 1,120 meters. IE, it's big.

Methodology:

The method was based on one fundamental assumption derived from the concept art: the main hangar was directly sourced from Rebel's ISD-I hangar with only the external contours being changed to accommodate the new model's slimmer housing. As it's supposed to be a prototype ship, the in universe logic of sourcing existing parts rather than new manufacturing is pretty common and sound for similar ships. As an out of universe explanation, it could just be an identical and differently scaled source, but it's still something to go on.

So, I took two similar shots, the concept art and the shots of some Rebels ISD's, and overlayed them. From there, I used the photoshop gridded warp scaling to align and properly scale the hangars and draw down the centerline. Using the centerline with the hangars as the point of reference, I used a measuring tool to get the right relative measurements. It determined that the Interdictor is ~70% the length of the ISD-I (69.906, don't ask the margin of error, it's going to be fairly large, but the assumption of +/-10% is generous enough to work and 5% is closer). Anyway, taking that, we know the ISD's size, but something so close to 70% felt about right for scaling. Either way, the exact inferred measurement is 1118.5m).

King of Alsakan and Tzizvvt78 like this.
  20. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
  21. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    I'm wondering if the Interdictor will end up being a common warship, or something specialized and more limited. I'd actually love it if the folks behind Rebels follow the old EU concept of it being built on the hull of a standard warship, just so that we can see a version of that model without the gravity well bumps. They really did a bang up job designing the Interdictor, it wouldn't be too hard for them to modify the model and use in other instances.

It's crazy to think that the Interdictor is roughly in the size scale of the MC80 cruisers used by the Alliance. I'm wondering how well armed the ship is? Do we see any visible weapons on it?

--Adm. Nick

22. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    King of Alsakan likes this.
  23. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Isn't the only NuCanon Interdictor we've seen a prototype? Those are expected to be a bit larger than the regular one.

24. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
    A real life fleet junkie news item, but the last shipwreck from the Battle of Jutland was just found, the HMS Warrior. One surprising thing for me, was that I knew stealing or salvaging bronze was a thing, but I am surprised it would still be lucrative enough to have it salvaged from ships on the ocean floor.

25. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    Very cool. The USS Independence was found off the coast of California by Ballard this year as well. It's always cool when they find old sunken wrecks. :D

--Adm. Nick