main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series For Discussion of Old TCW episodes...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by CT-867-5309, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Drove her a bit batty at one point didn't it?

2. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    The ending of the episode was just beyond ridiculous.

"I see...a purple hutt." lolwut

3. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I think you're right that there was a time when she did it consciously, good memory. However, in Ep. V Luke learns meditation techniques from Yoda that he's consciously employing when he has his vision of his friends dying in Cloud City *cough Flash Gordon homage cough*, so it seems that even though it didn't happen to Anakin that way in Ep. III it's possible Ahsoka could have been doing the same as Luke in Ep. V.

4. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Actually, I'm always under the impression that Luke's vision randomly came to him. Force visions could work like that via meditation. ;) He didn't instantaneously thought of his friends or closed his eyes...

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Storm Over Ryloth:

Opening was an oh-too-obvious TPM reference. "Our blockade is perfectly legal." Really?

Why the hell is Ahsoka leading a squadron?

I do miss Anakin calling her Snips

LOL Rex "Come on you whiners"

LOL again "Did you train her not to follow orders?" Then Ahsoka, well, follows orders.

Ahsoka talks back to Yularen and Yularen gets hurt. *headdesk*

I loved Anakin's talk with Ahsoka in the hangar. Loved it.

Ah, Anakin in a Han moment under the ship. I like.

"You don't even have a plan?" Seriously, you annoying kid, Anakin should have slapped you there.

Anakin is "not a conventional Jedi"? LOL. Thank you Captain Obvious.

So, Anakin is planning what is essentially a suicide mission and counting on Ahsoka to bail him out at the last minute. Without the foreknowledge that we viewers have, that really looks like a death wish.

Awww, the clones are so worried about offending Ahsoka.

So Anakin does have a plan, pretending to surrender. Good one. And Yularen coming to Ahsoka's aid at the last minute. Maybe she felt her take his hand. (That was creepy.)

"I'll be going then but you can have my ship." LOL. Love you Anakin.

WTF? Droid conference?

Sweet battle scene there. And Wat Tambor having a tantrum.

Good humor at the end there with Anakin in the escape pod and Obi-Wan's "I am so not going to ask."

Solid episode. 8/10

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Innocents of Ryloth:

"I am utilizing the prisoners of this village as living shields." Tambor, you *******.

I liked seeing Cody strategizing here.

Eww ...giant roaches on the ground.

Well damn. Get em aggressive Obi-Wan.

I like Waxer and Boil here. But dammit, "Twy-leks" or "Twee-leks"? I've heard both pronunciations in the past two episodes.

LOL, Obi-Wan known for "deceptive maneuvers"?

Awww, Numa. [face_love]. Poor baby. Boil was starting to get on my nerves though.

Droids: "the creatures require organic meat." Nah. Seems if you could download Anakin and Obi-Wan's files, you could sniff that out without help.

Numa's destroyed home. And I choked up for a second.

Jurassic Park reference mixed with an ROTJ reference.

"I am a droid. I am always right." Shut up.

Ah, Obi-Wan, taming the rancors?velociraptors beasts with the Force. Awesome.

So how does Obi-Wan speak Numa's language again?

"Worst job in the droid army." Yeah, shut up.

W00t! Obi-Wan cutting handcuffs off Twi'lek hands. But the droids still need to shut up.

Awww, yay, Numa found her parents.

And oh...my...god...her running out to help Obi-Wan. Small kids don't know risk.

ROTFLMAO, "does not compute" from the droid as the Twi'leks beat the **** out of him.

9/10. I enjoyed this one and teared up a couple of times.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Liberty on Ryloth:

Nice opening battle scene. More Mace is always good.

Hey, droids...someone needs to reprogram you to make you STFU.

First appearance of AT-STs?

Ah, Palps kissing Anakin's ass. Ugh.

Orn Free Taa: STFU. And go Mace. Tell it like it is.

Ah, evil!Dooku. Nicely done here. Holy ****.

Shut up droids. "Roger roger."

Awwww...the scene in the prison, with the kid. [face_love]

Interesting about the freedom fighters, Orn Free Taa, and the idea of a Jedi occupation not equating to "freedom".

Free Taa needs to shut up. Immature ****tard. "It's all about me! Waaaa!" Seriously--is this about the people you swore to serve, or your own personal station?

Oh damn. Poor refugees.

The plasma projector bridges were actually pretty cool.

LOL at Mace and the droids. Mace ****ing rules.

"Hey, you're not authorized!" LOL, shut up droid. That's Mace Windu,

Oh dude, the droid stole Tambor's ship? LMAO. Along with "we will all perish for the glory of the Separatist alliance."

And awww...happy ending.

8/10

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Hostage Crisis:

Beginning: OK, Senate guards incompetent against Cad Bane and Aurra Sing. Thank you for sharing.

"Protesters against the war?" LMAO

Anakin/Padme scene:

LOL Anakin, I'm sure you are supposed to be on a "meditative retreat."

But quit your whining.

The lightsaber being "heavier" than Padme expected? LOL. " Privacy invasion bill"? LOL again.

Oh damn, Aurra shooting the guy who asks her for help.

Hang on, using Ziro as bait? Is that all you have, Cad Bane?

Oh noes! Cad Bane has cut off all communications! And Padmr's worst problem is that she's holding Anakin's lightsaber. Oh, wait...

And Cad Bane is a sexist ****tard as well.

Ah, Palpatine using this as an excuse to kiss Anakin's ass. "It's up to you, only you can..." Yeah, nice one.

Magnadroid battle and "Anakin where the hell is your saber?" And Bail asking Padme why she has it. Hey, Bail, think about if for more than .2 nanoseconds.

Oh dude. Anakin vs Aurra.

So Palpatine just threw Free Taa to the wolves. Ouch,

Ziro, you had to show up didn't you?

"One false move and the east wing of the Senate building blows up!" OK

I liked the Anakin/Padme scene when she was trying to wake him up. The secrecy seemed damn painful there.

This wasn't great but had a few good points.

3/10

9. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    To me the description "random" doesn't wholly fit if it was via meditation. I don't see why Luke would be able to facilitate visions through meditation but not Ahsoka.

10. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Luke's visions came to him through meditation, meaning not actually thinking about his friends. They came to him in a random out-of-the-blue way, while Ahsoka only consciously/instantaneously thought of purple hutts and where the sniper was at...

The latter just doesn't click with proper Force visions.

11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    I thought Yoda said something about Luke having a vision about his friends because they were on his mind?

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Are you referring to Yoda's "old friends, long gone" line? If not then Luke's vision can be interpreted by his actions (Mark's acting) and his inability to control his thoughts after the vision.

We derailed this thread pretty good. :p

13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    GGrievous Eh, we're discussing how this relates to Assassin, so I think we're good.

It looks like I was wrong about it explicitly being said that Luke thinking about his friends led to his vision of them, but Luke asks Yoda if his vision is true and Yoda tries to see it, so the idea of trying to have a Force vision on a particular topic is still there. And just like Yoda apparently only has partial vision that doesn't tell the whole story, the same happens to Ahsoka.

14. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    However, "always in motion is the future." Except that doesn't work for Ahsoka.

15. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    Ahsoka spends almost the entire episode getting fleeting glimpses and trying to make sense of them, only seeming to figure it out at the very end. And, as was mentioned when we started discussing this, she does have doubts that they mean anything real at all, so the "always in motion" thing seems to hold up.

16. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    "I'm seeing a purple hutt" was pretty instantaneous and convenient man, as was the 'where was the sniper' moment, both of which occurred in the future. Again, I could see it being a part of time constraint. :p

But the way it was done = Ahsoka is gifted...

17. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    GGrievous I don't necessarily disagree that it was more rushed than what happens in the films due to time constraints, but I don't think it's fundamentally different from what happens in the films either, it's all based on old premises found in the films.

18. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    For interpretation, it's up to the viewer, honestly, but I am going by the proper definitions of Force visions. I don't agree that TCW showed proper visions, but the films, especially ROTS, showed them consistently.

The issue (imo) is that Force visions are being used as the plot device in Assassin.

19. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    GGrievous I agree that interpretation is up to the viewer. Personally, I think a proper definition of Force visions would have to include all film depictions, and Ahsoka doesn't do anything wholly outside the bounds of the film depictions. But, as we both said, it is a matter of interpretation.

I also agree that Force visions are used as a plot device in Assassin, but I would add they're also used as a plot device in Ep. III and Ep. V.

20. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yes, but Assassin used it as its main focus to carry the plot. I don't necessarily see it being the same in ROTS but rather a part of Anakin's character arc.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    It's funny, from my end it looks like you're arguing with yourself.

cwustudent likes this.
  22. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    I can't change others' views. DLT does have a point with that.

23. Dark Lord Tarkas

Apr 29, 2011
    GGrievous You're right, in Ep. III and Ep. V it was a plot device to move the story from X to Y at certain point, whereas in Assassin it's an ongoing plot device running through the whole proverbial alphabet.

GGrievous likes this.
  24. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    Yeah, that too

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Holocron Heist:

Nice job on Felucia there. Very pretty.

And ah, Ahsoka with the back talk. Just...I don't know. Seems like a court martial is warranted, or at least a good smack. And then she tells the Council she wasn't really being disobedient? LOL

"Guard duty? For how long?" "Longer now." Love it, Mace.

An appearance by Jocasta Nu always does my librarian heart good, even if she's weird most of the time. I liked the description of how much knowledge the archives hold. And books that are forbidden to be read? Good one Ahsoka.

Not sure how I feel about the concept of "restricted areas" but it was cool to see the "back room" and Fisto entering it.

Cad Bane afraid to break into the Temple? Hmmmm...

And his droid needs to shut up.

The changeling plot was brilliant and a good throwback to Zam Wessel.

LOL "I doubt they've come to hijack star fighters." I love Obi-Wan's wit.

I remember being impressed with the size and layout of the Temple when I saw this the first time.

ROTFLMAO at Cad Bane being sucked into that fan.

So Ahsoka, by being annoying, managed to figure out what's going on. Yeah, not impressed.

"Change of plans. I'm the librarian now." I wonder how long it had been since the real Jocasta Nu drew her lightsaber. Of course Ahsoka did comment on her skills. Duel was OK, not great.

Those holocrons all look alike, how did Bane know which one to take?

That talk about the younglings and the future of the Order was creepy in light of what happens in ROTS.

Enjoyable with a few annoyances.

6/10

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.