main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Force Help Us! [NJO AU; action; Anakin, Jaina, Ganner, more] Author replies 7/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Jul 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    Title: Force Help Us!
    Author: Alexis_Wingstar
    Beta'ed by: NYCitygurl (Thanks :D )
    Characters/Pairings: Anakin Solo, Jaina, Luke, Ganner
    Era: Beyond, Yuuzhan Vong War, several months after the battle of Myrkr
    Spoilers: N/A
    Summary: An AU in which Anakin survives the mission to Myrkr, and must convince others that Jacen is alive.
    Note: This was originally written for the third challenge from the "Writer's With the Force".

?He?s [i]dead[/i] Anakin!? Jaina glared at her younger brother. ?If he were alive, I?d be able to feel it!?

?But Mom??

?? Is in a state of denial. None of us are immune to getting killed, you know.?

?Jaina, listen to me! I know you had the strongest bond with him, but?? Anakin paused and swallowed nervously as he saw his sister?s stance, looking more like a warrior goddess than the trickster goddess of the Yuuzhan Vong. ?Well, I know this may sound crazy, but you know how I got the Vongsense from the lambent crystal? Well, I can sense [i]him[/i].? At Jaina?s dubious expression, he added with more conviction, ?It?s faint, but I know it?s him.?

?Are you trying to say he was turned into one of them like Tahiri??

?Tahiri isn?t one of them!? He took a deep breath to calm himself before continuing, ?I?m not sure [i]what[/i] it means, but if there is a chance I?m right, don?t you think we should try to get him back??

?Why don?t you go to Uncle Luke with this??

?It?d be more convincing coming from you.?

?I?m not sure I?m with you on this, Anakin. I think we should face the awful truth that Jacen is lost to us. He?s one with the Force.?

?No, Jaina,? Anakin?s eyes briefly flared with anger before he took a deep breath and took her hand. ?Look at me.? When their eyes met, he continued speaking in a quiet yet intense tone, ?I feel him, Jaina. Look through my eyes? like a battle meld.?

He did not have to be Force sensitive to know his sister doubted him. What surprised him was the intense need he sensed from her to feel their brother?s spirit. [i]Why is this a surprise?[/i] He reasoned to himself. [i]The two of them shared a bond since before they were born.[/i] He also felt her doubt was not because she thought he had gone off the deep end, or that he was just wishing for Jacen to be alive. Rather, she was afraid to be disappointed if it turned out to be false? or worse, that Jacen was alive and had been successfully Vongformed as they had tried with Tahiri.

As Jaina looked into Anakin?s eyes, his own sense of feeling their brother strengthened through her awareness of Jacen. He smiled slightly as she heard her voice in his head, ?Either your insanity is contagious, or I really do feel him!? As one, they felt Jacen struggling with his beliefs, loneliness, and indescribable pain.

?Jacen!? She gasped. ?Hold on. I don?t know how or when, but we [i]will[/i] get you back!?

?No, stay away, Jaina! It?s a trap.?

Their brother?s presence suddenly disappeared. Anakin and Jaina just looked at each other in shock.

?He isn?t dead.? Jaina said with conviction.

?I know.?

?Let?s go.?

?Where?? Anakin followed his sister?s determined gait.

?To Uncle Luke, of course.?

--

When they arrived at the Jedi Master?s office, they found Ganner Rhysode speaking with the Grand Master. ?But, if I?m right, we should try rescuing him.?

Without missing a beat, Jaina strode up and leaned both fists against her uncle?s desk. ?And while we rescue whomever you?re talking about, we can rescue Jacen as well.?

?He?s alive,? Anakin announced behind her as he stood with his arms folded in front of him.

Ganner raised an eyebrow in Luke?s direction, but said nothing.

Luke frowned. ?And how did [i]you[/i] find out about Jacen?s survival??

The youngest Solo sibling stepped forward. ?I feel him through my Vongsense.?

The Jedi Master tilted his head as he considered the implications of

2. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    This is a really interesting take on what could have happened - I hope you continue it! I'm kinda surprised noone's responded to it, as it is unique and well-written. If you do continue it, can you send me a PM? Thanks!

~Jaina

3. Myriad_Daydreams

Myriad_Daydreams Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2007
    How did I miss this?? Can I be on the PM list for future updates, this looks good! [face_batting]

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb beginning. I would love PMs with updates, please? :D Coolest beans that Anakin survives. [face_dancing]

5. paltonae356

paltonae356 Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2008
    You have me lookin forward to more!;)
    Could you shoot me a PM also?

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    I'm happy you found this and replied. I was thinking of letting this die a quiet death otherwise. :D When I continue this, I'll be sure to PM you.

You are now on my PM list. ;)

Thank you. I was always wondering what would happen if Anakin survived... especially with how Jacen turned. I'm figuring Anakin may have made a difference because he always challenged Jacen through the plethora of arguments they had... made him think... but I'm getting ahead of myself. Oh, and yes, you are on my PM list as well. :)

I'm looking forward to some more as well. :D

Consider yourself shot. :p Careful though, PM's can be deadly. 8-}

7. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    I can't wait!

~Jaina

8. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    Ani's alive! Woohoo!.. now all they have to do is get Jacen back :D

Great work :)