main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Forged By Light: Vindiction

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Lord_Darth_Vader, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drippyzeo

drippyzeo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    My neice and nephew...which if we had enough kids we could have a little jedi padawan group walk past the background.

Can you imagine the emotional impact of a bunch of panicky padawans facing death? Death itself could be off-camera, of course. I'm actually envisioning a scene like this in the script I'm writing, but it's too draining to write it.

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Umm that's insane drippy, but...

I like it ;)

Too bad you're not gonna make it pacman, there were so many questions I wanted to go over with you about the effects and shots.

Sounds good sacul. The more the merrier.

Joe, I got the box today for your cord and energy blade. I will put a female connection in the box, so you can connect the cord to it.

PEOPLE I need everyone to bring what you have as far as costumes, props, etc to the meeting. I am working on a couple of swords, but not sure I will have them completed by then. I am bringing all that I have done so everyone can see them. I will be bringing my camera and dolly and some blank film, so we can film the fight scenes and get a sense of how they look. Tionne, do you have a VCR so I can hook my camera up to it and we can watch the scenes? I would love to get the fighting sequences down and then film them from different angles so we know what works and what doesn't.

Also, everyone involved in fight scenes, bring a broom stick or PVC pipe to practice. No using the energy blades or Sith Swords I bring this time around. I don't want to have to repair them before we get a chance to film them. ;)

So, does 2PM sound good for everyone?

EDIT: Also, does anyone have any old air matresses? If so, can you bring them as well? Joe needs something to fly back onto. ;)

EDIT II: Oh yeah, I have a location in mind for the Jedi Slaughter. It depends on whether our Jedi's and Sith's mind getting wet. ;) The location I have in mind is a creek outside of Lincoln. Its got trees all around it and it would be ideal for a battle scene. Its not deep at all. Only mere inches. We could have Sith and Jedi running through the water. It also has a sand barge in the middle as well. It looks ideal and I don't know too many fanfilms where battles have taken place in or around the water.

3. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    2PM is a little late... I would suggest maybe 12:30 or 1.

4. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I agree early is better. I'm open to 11am even.

but yeah we need to get this rolling by 12:30 since we have alot to do and we know that we are going to goof off a bit.

if it's ok by Ms Hawk I say we shoot for high noon at least.

(especially since I have to get ready for the radio show that night too)

Oh I don't mind getting muddy or wet or dusty or anything for the jedi slaughter stuff, but we should film those last if that's the case.

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Yeah yeah yeah

Easy for those of you to say...

Who either live in Davis or near it! 8-}

Well we will have to wait until Lady Hawk tells us the best time to invade her abode. ;)

6. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Well we could have a slumber party at her place tonight and start bright and early, we could stay up late swaping manly stories...and in the morning I ain't making squat!! fix it yourselves..lazy kids. HA! thought you we're getting waffles huh? suckers.

7. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Alright, Lady Hawk is back in action! :D

I don't care if you guys want to have a sleepover tonight, you just have to sleep on the couches. I agree that 12:30 should be the ABSOLUTE latest we get started, I'd prefer earlier, but it all depends on you.
    I will be up and have everything ready to go at 11am if anyone wants to get started early.

Along with costumes and props, bring a few dollars for pizza and drinks. If you want to bring snacks you can do that too. Remember this is a choreography meeting, we are going to be staging scenes so wear comfortable clothes that you can move around in and not worry about getting a little dirty if we have to fall on the grass a lot. :)

LDV, I do have a VCR with a TV setup in the living room so we can gather round and watch the scenes you film.

*We have a bunch of old pvc in the yard here that I think we can use for practice. Only problem is it is longer than a sword/saber should be so if someone could bring a small handsaw we can cut them into the right lengths.

8. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    what time is this shin dig on the 11th

9. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I have a bunch of sabers in my trunk we used for AoY.

Devin, I guess I'm hitching a ride with you. How much you want for gas?

10. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    See above post Qui Gundi. ;)

11. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Yo LDV, I'm gonna be out for the rest of the night, so call my cell so we can work out details. I mean detailz. Yo.

12. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Don't get lost. heh heh.

13. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i might beable to make it if i might be able to catch a ride with some one. so any one wanna help out a brother.

14. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Sorry Mate not my sector of space.

But maybe you can catch the LDV Sunrider convoy.

anyone else able to pick him up?

I'm going to show up @ 12:30 unless otherwise instructed.

15. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    i just tried ldv so i hope he gets back to me

16. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Didn't need to worry about getting lost, I wasn't driving. My car's dead, remember? :p

17. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Directions?

I'm gonna be at Shields (UCD main library) for the better part of the afternoon, and a surprise birthday party for my mom, but if I'm lucky, I can squeeze in some time to show my face.

18. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    well bridgey i'll be there i caught a ride with LDV .

i will also bring a couple of wooden stunt sabers.(maby the double bladed if someone is using it)

19. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    AWRIGHT! I was really hoping you'd come Qui-Gundi. Now we really can block all the saber fighting.

20. qui-gundi_15

Jan 22, 2003
    ok i'm gonna bring 13 dollars to split beetween LDV'S gas money and pizza money

21. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Drippy, go up to Russel (5th) make a left, right onto La Rue/Anderson. I'm at the corner of Anderson and 8th, the house with the huge garden (802). Hope you can make it!

22. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Hey, I just got a call from Devin, and we're gonna be late. He got a call last night about midnight, and they were out working until 10am this morning. He's on his way to my house now.

23. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    BEST MEETING EVER!!!!

We got alot done!!!

Fights have been worked on and are shaping up nicely. Camera angles and shots have been considered and are looking great this will truely be an epic piece (even if it's short and bloody)
    This movie is GONNA ROCK!!!

24. drippyzeo

Jun 11, 2002
    Yeah, that was fun, even though I was there for all of 45 minutes and didn't do all that much. It was nice picking up a saber though and going through all the old stage fighting stuff I did back in high school.

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Thanks for dropping by Drippy! That really helped us get our coordination for fighting Joe (who rocks by the way ;) )

Note: subtitle should be VINDICATION, due to the fact that there is no such word as Vindiction (though there should be) :)

It was a super-productive meeting! I can't wait until the next one.

And no guys, all my "study buddy" and I did was study after you left. Though who knows what the future holds. Hahahaha! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.