main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fragile: An Anakin and Tahiri Story A previously unposted outtake up 5/20/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by pregnantpadme, Jun 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    Check us out... It's still Friday!

Pacific Standard Time...

Fragile

Chapter 21

Reluctantly Crouched At The Starting Line

Anakin was trying really hard to put on a brave face, to be the strong man he knew he was supposed to be, but what he was watching was threatening to bring him to his knees.

His wife, his precious wife, stood before him in the hall leading to their hangar, trying to hold herself together, as she prepared herself to say goodbye to their little boy.

Through all the mission planning that had gone on, through all the plotting and rehashing and weapons checks and strategizing and alternate plans and contingency plans Anakin and Tahiri had deftly avoided discussing this moment. They?d pretended to themselves that rather than being home in time to feed Will dinner and give him a bath and tuck him at the end of the day, like usual, they?d just be away a little longer than normal.

This mission would just be a little longer than most.

They both acted as though there wasn?t any chance that this morning might be the last they?d ever spend with their son, or that they?d spend together as a family. They?d already been robbed of so much time, so they both tried to banish any comparisons to that long ago morning on Eclipse when they?d said goodbye to each other and pretended that Anakin was going to be home in a few days.

Until last night.

After making love, Anakin had made a big show of putting Tahiri?s nightgown back on her; dressing her, while they both laughed, like he would Will. When she asked him why he was putting her clothes back on her, after having made such a production of taking them off, he?d kissed her and told her he?d be right back.

When he?d returned a few minutes later, Will cradled in his arms, Tahiri had stopped laughing, nodded her head, and begun to cry.

Anakin laid Will down next to her, then slid into bed himself, pulling his wife and his son as close to himself as he could, well aware that this was exactly what he and Tahiri had done the night before he?d left for the voxyn mission. Will was just bigger and outside of Tahiri this time.

He?d hoped that the gesture might take some of the sting out of saying goodbye now, that having Will between them, and finally talking about what they were about to do, in whispered tones so as not to wake their son, admitting that what they were embarking on was as dangerous a mission as anything they?d ever done and that they were scared, might make it easier for them to hold it together.

It didn?t; they were both miserable and they both knew Will could feel it.

Now Anakin watched as his son refused to release his hold on a fistful of Tahiri?s hair; instead, he twisted and twirled the flaxen strands through his fingers, a self-soothing habit he?d developed when only a few months old. He watched as Will refused to pull his head up from where he?d buried it in Tahiri?s neck, refused to allow Tahiri to pull his thumb from his mouth?another self soothing habit, though this one he only indulged in when overly tired or he could feel stress emanating off the grown-ups around him.

The worst part of watching all of this was knowing that Tahiri didn?t want to be peeling their son off of herself and handing him over to Winter, who was waiting out in the hangar; Tahiri wanted to hold Will tightly and race back to their rooms; hide under the blankets and not come out until the coast was clear and this kriffing war was over.

Anakin felt the same way. But neither one of them was going to do that.

?Come here, buddy.? Anakin said gently, as he wedged an arm in between his wife and son and tried to pull Will over. ?Dada wants some love too.?

Will released his thumb from his mouth and wound that arm around Anakin?s neck, but still wouldn?t let go of Tahiri?s hair, so Anakin pulled them both to him, tucked his head down between both of their curly blonde heads, and opened himself to the Force. He wrapped them both in a tight bond of love, felt them both reach back, f

2. Melissa1991

Melissa1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2009
    Another great chapter, you really know how to capture a moment ö
    I'm just recently getting into reading A/T-fics but this one has to be one of my favorites if not my favorite :)
    And I don't mind being added to your PM list at all :) In fact I'm glad you did.

If that is the year that you were born I?m going to cry!
    - Didn't really understand that one XD

3. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    :_| So sad and touching!

I loved hearing about all the talks Jacen was "treated" to....especially the one from Jaina! :p

Off to watch one of my boys in his football championship! Go Lions!

4. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    Dammit, Preggers, you just write them too well. :_| How am I supposed to concentrate on my research assignment when I'm thinking about this? lol. Anyway, great job.

Have a nice week.

5. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    i'm at war with myself i want to see how this ends so bad but i aslo dont want it to end

great update as always

*and yes i dant spell*

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wow! That was hard to read!!! I think that goodbye was hardest of all the ones before, no I'm sure! :( :( I'm not surprised Anakin almost asked Tahiri to stay behind, and I know it was the hardest thing for her to resist that particular temptation. Bless them for their selflessness. :* But wanting to come back to Will is going to make them work that much harder to succeed.

:D

@};-

[:D]
    !!!!!!

7. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    This spot is reserved for this poor soul (aka me)for when she has a day off...or a night where I don't have to be up at 5:30a.

AKA tomorrow. So I shall return I promise!!!

EDIT: Ha! Told you it would be the next day. Feeling slighting refreshed after my three hour nap and relishing the fact I have three days off in a row after a nine day work week.

So here I am! AS for the ceiling fan comments, us in Central Florida have had yet another two weeks of recording break heat and decided that we needed something else to cool our room down.

And of course we have nicer weather now. It felt great out today, and that put me in a great mood! Ok, enough rambling onto the post.

I absolutely cannot relate to the separation anxiety both Anakin and Tahiri are feeling about going on a very dangerous mission. I am not a parent so you actually made me feel like I was Anakin, trying to keep his sanity in check after watching Tahiri not wanting to let her son go.

It was truly heartbreaking to watch this scene unfold. I could just imagine Tahiri just holding Will, relishing the fact she has him in her arms.

And Will is so cute again, even though he can feel the sadness and anguish his parents are going through. And the way you had his sucking his thumb, holding Tahiri's hair and cuddling into her neck was just too cute. I could definitely picture it in my mind clearly.

And to have Jacen, Jacen of all people interrupt the little family goodbyes was priceless.

Tahiri behaved. WOO HOO!!! so did Jacen! oh and Anakin. Everyone is growing up! YAY!!!!

Anakin suspected that it might have been brought about by the talk Han had had with Jacen after ?the big breakfast?. Or, maybe it had something to do with the talk Leia had had with Jacen after ?the big breakfast?. Or the talks Luke and Mara had with him.

Or, maybe, it had something to do with another incident that Jag had filled Anakin in on. It involved lightsabers and one very pissed off petite brunette who had to be hauled away from her twin before cybernetic limb replacement was required.

Oh so that is why Jacen is so behaved. He not only had "talks" with about everyone imaginable but he dueled with Jaina. [face_laugh] Yep I would be on my best behavior if I had a sister like that one. Especially when she was mad at you!

I also liked the fact you included the backstory of the squad and how Anakin and Tahiri came up with the people who were in it. I loved Paloma and how much Anakin likes her and trust her.

Then Valin and Tahiri. I adore the respect and love they have for each other. Perfect.

As for the end, I had tears in my eyes (No i didn't cry just teared up.) Again I cannot even relate but I could feel the pain both of them were going through.

Sooo...cannot wait for the next few posts. They shall be interesting!!!

8. canadianjedimama

canadianjedimama Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 28, 2008
    I loved the Leia POV in Harmony... her reflection of the the general asshattery that was going on mid-NJO and onward was bang on!

And as for crouching at the finish line... man, you made me cry! :_| Mr CJM and I recently returned from a week out in Cali... we didn't take Darth Kindergartener with us.

We were there 2 hours before we looked at each other and said "we're never leaving her again". [face_laugh] Pathetic, I know.

And you know what we did when we got home, picked her up from bed and sandwiched her inbetween us in our bed. [face_love] Best thing ever!

Every chapter you write just gets better. The depth is incredible. Keep it up Preggers!

;)CJM

PS... Flow ho is freaking priceless.

9. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    Marathon read, and I'm totally in love - especially with Jaina. She's acting just the way I've been hoping she would - finally loosening up a bit. I really would have paid money to see her dancing with Jag, or really just to see Jag dance. ZOMGawsh, just vape Jacen already. Perhaps he needs some sort of other storyline to happen to him so that he can have those earth shattering realizations that he's supposed to have so that he'll finally understand what a PITA he is. (Pain in the ...)

Fantastic as ALWAYZ!! Can't wait to read more!

10. star_writer24

star_writer24 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 15, 2006
    Okay I don?t have a lot of time this week so I thought I'd just pick out a couple of favorite moments in this post?

Face was a god in Bram?s book; Face was what Bram wanted to be when he grew up.

I loved this line! [face_laugh]

?Uh?? Tahiri defended, ?I?m not taking Valin with me, so I?m not going to need to be kept out of trouble.?

?Yeah, like it?s my fault you?re a crash artist.? Valin teased. Then he put his arms around Tahiri and Will, leaned his cheek against hers and said, ?Stay safe, I don?t want to have to break in new wing mate. As big a pain in the ass as you are, I?ve finally got you trained up the way I like.?

Tahiri smiled and said, ?Starfood.?

Tahiri's tone here is so much fun...I don't know if I'll ever be able to read or write about Valin again without "starfood" going through my head...and its all your fault LOL!!! [face_laugh]

For a crazy second he thought about telling her to stay, telling her not to go with him, to screw the plans. They didn?t need a translator, they didn?t need the Jeedai-who-was-shaped to galvanize the Shamed Ones; she should stay there and protect their son like she did when he?d gone to Myrkr, and in one of those rare crystal clear moments like that day they?d been arrested on Eriadu, she seemed to know exactly what was going through his mind and she said, ?No.? Then she kissed Will?s head and pulled him away from her and said, ?I love you.? And then pushed him into Winter?s arms and ran to the transport.

Anakin sucked in a breath, startled at both the lightening fast speed at which all those thoughts had raced through his mind and at the fact that Tahiri had caught all of them, and at the emotion pouring off of her and Will, who was now crying too.

He leaned over and took Will?s face in his hands, and kissed his forehead, then pulled back, and looked into his bright green eyes, Tahiri?s eyes, and said, ?Daddy loves you too. I?ll bring mama home soon, I promise.?

Then he turned and ran after Tahiri.

Okay the good bye at the end was so heartbreaking...and I think so true to who Anakin and Tahiri are as individuals. Anakin once more considering leaving her behind...when is that boy going to learn? And Tahiri freaking out when she realizes what he is thinking that and rushing on board the ship before he can stop her...it would almost be comical if weren't so bloody terrible. I can't imagine leaving my baby boy behind and wondering if I would ever see him again. Anyway...looking forward to what you have coming up over the next few posts.

SW_24

11. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Dearest Readers,

Before I begin the replies, I?d like to say that I?m stunned and amazed that my little comment about backing up my SW books and saying goodbye to the fandom caused the stir that it has. I seriously, and I?m not saying this in false modesty, didn?t think anyone would give a rats ass if I skiddadled after Fragile was done. So, you can imagine my surprised when a couple of you actually commented and said you?d be sad to see me go.

For those of you not aware of what?s been happening over on the Fear and Love board; the same week I made that comment about leaving, and old F&L reader, having no idea I?d announced my impending departure, notified me that she?d just done a complete read through of F&L and gave me high praise and asked if I was even considering finishing it.

That got me thinking, so I did my own read through of that story and found that I was very proud of what I had accomplished over there and was once again sad that I had not finished it and thought maybe, just maybe, if any other fans were interested, maybe I would consider it after Fragile was finished. I posted a note on the board and asked readers to weigh in with comments, see if anyone would care about seeing what I had planned for our heroes, and was shocked to see that there was indeed some interest.

So, here is how it stands, I?m still not entirely sure there are enough readers interested, so if you?re reading this and you haven?t cast a vote on the F&L board, but you are interested in reading, go throw in your two cents. I?ll be making my final decision based on feed back.

I believe I have a committed Beta, though I?m not totally holding her to that yet due to the fact that we have a ton of work ahead of us and she actually has a life. She and I need to do a complete page one reedit of the story, fix grammar and continuity issues, and then I have to re-outline the second half of the story and start writing, which will be a tremendous amount of work.

Also, this will be a lot of work for all of you. I started posting F&L in Nov or 2005, there are somewhere in the neighborhood or 35 updates spread out over 40 board pages interspersed amongst close to 1000 posts. If any of the new updates are going to make sense to you, and have any real significance, you may need to actually go back and re-read from the beginning, not an easy thing to do, I know. I sat down a few days ago and reread the whole story in two nights, but it was a quick read for me because I know all the little details and the foreshadowing and little tidbits I laid in. It will likely take you guys longer than that.

So, having said all that, if any of you have comments, either that you?re interested or not, please pop over to the Fear and Love Board and leave me a message, either that you?re up for the challenge or that you?re not, and I?ll continue to weigh the pros and cons of taking on the task, and as I see what everyone has to say I?ll keep you all up to date on how Beta Girl and I are doing in getting things pulled together. If it just doesn?t feel like there are enough people interested to ignited the mojo required to get this off the ground again, then I?ll let you know that too. But all of your input is appreciated and I want all of you to know that your input and the enthusiasm from those of you who do want to see what happens next in the story has done more to boost my self esteem then I can ever express.

But for now, Back to Fragile, which will have to be finished before I will start on Fear and Love, and this weeks replies:

Melissa1991

I was referring to 1991 being the year that you were born, and if it was that was making me feel very old and making me want to cry? sort of a joke.

But on to your comments:

Another great chapter, you really know how to capture a moment ö
    Thank you, I do try.

I'm just recently getting into reading A/T-fics but this one has to be one of my favorites if not my favorite
    I?m glad you like it. I?ve been worki

12. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Fragile

Chapter 22

Roll Up For The Mystery Tour

Jacen starred out at the landscape before him and felt like he would cry.

It wasn?t so much that he missed the cityscape of Coruscant, it wasn?t that he missed the durcacrete or the traffic or the congestion of the world he?d been born on. It was that he was stunned by the transformation of his home.

How could so much change have occurred in so little time?

Jacen was painfully aware of the destruction that had been wrought in order to bring about the change; of what had been torn down, of what had been killed, who had been killed, the billions who had lost their lives in order to bring about the changes that had taken place. For the first time he felt a little of the righteous anger he had seen as a flaw in his brother for so long.

He glanced over at Anakin -Tahiri, as always, right there at his side. With their bedrolls and backpacks they almost looked, again, like a couple of kids on vacation, as opposed to soldiers embarking on a strike against the Supreme Overlord of the Yuuzhan Vong. They were standing with Face Loran and Kell Tainer, smiling at something one or both of the renowned agents were saying.

It was only when Anakin passed Tahiri a bandolier hung heavily with concussion and fragmention grenades that the vacation vibe disappeared.

Tahiri, as was apparently her habit, was subtly armed to the hilt. She was wearing that hairclip again. According to Mara it was actually a bomb. Mara had also told Jacen that there were knives in the toes of Tahiri?s boots, triggered when she smacked her heel against the ground. She also had knives in her boots. The weapons he could see, aside from the grenades, were the two lightsabers hanging from the equipment belt slung low on her hips, and the very large blaster strapped to her thigh.

Jacen had recently realized that Tahiri must have a violent streak, and he wondered why he hadn?t noticed it before. It would make sense; she had been raised for several years by Sand People. Jacen wondered if that was part of the attraction for Anakin. It would fit with Anakin?s tendency to swing first and ask questions later.

In a moment that had made Jacen cringe, he had wondered if violence might actually contribute to the ?physicality? in their relationship. The mere memory of the thought made him cringe again; he hated the fact that he?d even had a thought about their ?physicality?. It made him feel voyeuristic. But they weren?t exactly subtle about their rambunctious sex life and Jacen had again wondered if part of the attraction for Anakin was that his wife might very well be able to kill him in bed.

Maybe his little brother really liked living on the edge.

Jacen shook his head, tried to dispel the visuals that went with thoughts of Anakin and Tahiri?s intimate life, but caught himself once again studying their current demeanor, was once again taken aback by the idea that everything seemed so easy for them, and in a flash Jacen wondered if Tahiri had been right back on Hapes when she?d accused him of being jealous of Anakin.

He?d hated to think that he was, hated to think that all this time it was resentment or envy that fueled his disdain for how Anakin lived his life and made his choices. He liked to think that he was a better person than that, that he was more thoughtful and circumspect, that he made his own decisions and had his own ideas based on his own sense of morality. He wanted to believe that his disagreements with his brother stemmed from honest differences in opinions and that it was Anakin?s fault that those differences so often led to arguments rather than simple acceptance that different people could hold different ideals.

He was beginning to think that maybe that wasn?t the case after all.

He?d worked so hard over the past five years to see things in a different light than how Anakin saw things, tried to view this war and the enemy and the Force in a way that was more holistic and less aggressive than his brother did. But turning back t

13. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Holy moly...I got a bad feeling about this!!!

First off I want to reply about your mother statement. I may be only 23 (and i am sorry if that makes you feel old) but my mom still thinks of me as her baby girl. There are just times where I wanna go running to mommy just cuz I need her and there are times where I swear she has some telepathic connection to me because she will call me exactly when I need it. Or she calls when I am sick so now I can understand because truthfully I have no idea how she does her mommy thing. But i know one thing is that I cannot live without my mom. That and my younger brothers were the reason I did not move far away.

And I keep seeing that you live in my old hometown...LA. Small small world. :p

Now onto the post...

Ok so I am replying probably wayyy ahead of the PM's but I am home on a Friday night in Orlando...and watching my Magic. Tomorrow my Knights and Gators play so I figured I will get this in now.

I just had to cringe and laugh at the beginning of the chapter. It was just priceless for Jacen to think of his younger brother and Tahiri's sex life. Seriously this man needs to get some, it will make him see things in a totally different light.

Maybe his little brother really liked living on the edge.
    Uh duh, after having a close call with death I am assuming that Anakin wants to live his life, on the edge. But then he also has Tahiri which just makes him get into more trouble.

Now I am glad that Jacen is seeing exactly what the Vong are doing and he is beginning to realize that peace will not work with them. Finally, someone has Gibbs' slapped him. FINALLY!!!

Ahh...bets. I loved how oblivious the Jacen, Jaina, Luke and Mara were to when Anakin and Tahiri really got together. It was quite the scene. I loved Luke's reaction to Anakin's comment about orange turning him on. I also love the fact that Tahiri seems to be the one trying to get Anakin off the subject of their love life and he just keeps going on and on and on.

Then the Vong and their knowlesge of basic. I am so glad my other half is asleep at the foot of the bed or he would be looking at me very strangely as I almost spit out my drink laughing at those comments. Just priceless! especially because of the fact they are on a dangerous mission and they might not get out of it. Perfect way to alleviate those thoughts.

Ah...now they know the story of forty two. How utterly romantic Anakin...trekking across another dangerous planet to save his wife!

Oh and that's why Corran won't come around anymore![face_laugh]

Anakin stopped walking and threw an arm around Jacen?s shoulders, waited for Jaina to catch up, then threw his other arm around hers and said, ?Yeah, but it?s the devastatingly good looking half.?

Tahiri moaned and rolled her eyes again.

Over much laughter, Jacen nodded, ?You know what, Tahiri, I?m going to have to agree with him on this.?

?Yeah, so am I.? Jaina added.

?As if I ever doubted you were Han Solo?s children?? Mara said, shaking her head.

Oh I love these lines as the Solo kids become the Solo kids again. Oh man that was so nice to see....before danger approached!

Oh dear, here come the Yuuzhan Vong creations again, causing trouble for our favorite characters!!! And what the kriff was it that caused Jacen to turn around and run? Hmmm...[face_thinking]

Now I see why you said Jacen was going to see alot of things. It is nice to see him open his eyes a little to other views of the galaxy!

Well...great post and great cliffie! I loved it and cannot wait for more!

Oh and only 5 to 6 more post left...I really do hope you continue Fear and Love then!

Great job!

MJ_1011

14. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    *i have a horrible cold i'll comment later when i dont feel so bad*

15. Melissa1991

Jul 5, 2009
    I guess boys being afraid to kiss girls is always going to be a fact XD. My own boyfriend was unbelievable nervous when he asked me if I wanted to go out with him, stuttering included and it then took him three hours until he had the courage to give me a peck on the lips, no scratch that, I don't think he even touched my lips.
    Anyway, I loved this chapter. But then again that's not a surprise anymore seeing that I've loved every chapter of this story so far.
    So basically, this is all I can do at this point -> =D=

And by the way, you're only as old as you feel [face_shhh]

16. TahiriSoloFan

May 20, 2003
    That was fabulous! :D Couldn't stop grinning through the whole post! Especially loved Anakin and Tahiri telling the start of their relationship as a "couple", the bet, Anakin talking about the good looking Solo kids, wrapping his arms around the twins, Jacen agreeing with him, Mara saying that was totally Han [face_laugh] , and the general comraderie. Nice! =D= [:D]

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome! The Solo kids are teasing and bonding again [face_dancing] A/T are just twoo precious and I have a feeling they'll be like that 70 or so years from now loL -- melts!!!!!

18. lost_lauries_grapes

lost_lauries_grapes Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2006
    GOLD.

I'm rather concerned about what's got everybody in a tiff in the last part of the chapter. Hmm....

19. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I loved the whole thing. Especially the bet about the question about when they became a couple. Too funny. And Luke nearly having an aneurism when Anakin started going on about Tahiri in the orange jump suit. [face_laugh] Too funny. I'm also wondering what's making them run. Hmmm[face_thinking] Doesn't sound good. On the upside Jacen seems to be getting a brain cell or two working.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Just started Fear and Love and love it so much--it makes me more antsy than usual for an update here LOL

@};-

I always begin my close-to-weekend fic reading with Fragile. :D

21. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Hello everyone and happy Friday,

As I prepare to post chapter 23, the 24th installment of the story, I want to thank you all for making this so much fun. I?m only about 4 weeks away from finishing my first multi chapter story and I?m really excited that I was able to pull it off and see it through and even more excited that I didn?t skip a single week.

Chapter 24, 25, 26 and 27 are written and only need polishes or tweaks and then to be beta?d. Chapter 28 is roughly outlined and the epilogue has been floating through my head in various forms since I was working on the prologue, so that won?t take much effort. I believe the final post will go up on Christmas Day. How?s that for a gift?

As soon as I am done writing, I?ll be go back to Fear and Love full time. I?ve already started a massive overhaul of the outline and am working on tidbits that will eventually find their ways into chapters.

And, for those of you who may not have heard, I?m thrilled to announce that my new beta will be lost_lauries_grapes! So please give her a hand and if you get frustrated with our posting schedule, remember that she has a life outside of fanfic? unlike the rest of us.

I hope everyone has a good weekend, and enjoys the replies. I?ll have the new post up once I?ve finished this week?s round of ?hunt down Beta Boy and beat it out of him?.

PP

Master_Jaina1011
    Holy moly...I got a bad feeling about this!!!
    Could get worse.

Ahh...bets. I loved how oblivious the Jacen, Jaina, Luke and Mara were to when Anakin and Tahiri really got together. It was quite the scene. I loved Luke's reaction to Anakin's comment about orange turning him on. I also love the fact that Tahiri seems to be the one trying to get Anakin off the subject of their love life and he just keeps going on and on and on.
    I was trying to give Anakin a sense of humor. He was sort of funny as a kid, in th JJK books, so was Tahiri, and she was funny later, but then everyone got all serious, and then either died or became Sith. That?s the problem with the profic books, they aren?t fun anymore.

Then the Vong and their knowlesge of basic. I am so glad my other half is asleep at the foot of the bed or he would be looking at me very strangely as I almost spit out my drink laughing at those comments. Just priceless! especially because of the fact they are on a dangerous mission and they might not get out of it. Perfect way to alleviate those thoughts.
    Thank you.

Ah...now they know the story of forty two. How utterly romantic Anakin...trekking across another dangerous planet to save his wife!
    She told part of that story in the beginning.

Oh dear, here come the Yuuzhan Vong creations again, causing trouble for our favorite characters!!! And what the kriff was it that caused Jacen to turn around and run? Hmmm...
    There?s more coming!

Now I see why you said Jacen was going to see alot of things. It is nice to see him open his eyes a little to other views of the galaxy!
    He?ll continue to get his eyes opened for the next couple of weeks.

frankieskywalker
    *i have a horrible cold i'll comment later when i dont feel so bad*
    I hope you?re not still sick!
    Get well soon!

Melissa1991
    I guess boys being afraid to kiss girls is always going to be a fact[/i]
    Well, she always has had to sort of pick up the slack for him in the non mechanical engineering department. I mean he?s okay with getting the ball rolling, but then she has to come in and make sure he keeps it going.

Anyway, I loved this chapter. But then again that's not a surprise anymore seeing that I've loved every chapter of this story so far.
    So basically, this is all I can do at this point ->

TahiriSoloFan
    That was fabulous! Couldn't stop grinning through the whole post! Especially loved Anakin and Tahiri telling the start of their relationship as a "couple", the bet, Anakin talking about the good looking Solo kids, wrapping his arms around the twins, Jacen agreeing with him, Mara saying that was totally Han , and the general

22. pregnantpadme

Oct 25, 2004
    Fragile

Chapter 23

He Knows About Your Party, He Is Calling You Dude

Anakin was cranky.

If Tahiri shoved one more cookie down his throat he was going to?

Yeah, right? what ? exactly ? was he going to do to his wife?

Tahiri had been digging into is backpack, every thirty minutes or so, all morning, for cookies. She was trying to be nonchalant, she was trying to be subtle, but subtle was simply not in Tahiri?s repertoire, never had been, in all the years he?d known her, and he knew that everyone noticed what was going on.

He still hated that his body didn?t work the way it was supposed to. He also hated that there was every possibility that if things got too stressful on this trip, more stressful than they already were, that there was every possibility that his body would just say no. Just quit. Decide it couldn?t meet the physical demands Anakin was placing on it.

And then he?d get to lay in Tahiri?s arms and watch her watch him die.

So he kept his mouth shut, or rather, open, and he ate the kriffing cookies that his wife kept shoving into it.

Tahiri had lectured him before they?d left, had followed him around with bottles of water making sure he was drinking enough and was properly hydrated. Insisted that he pay an extra visit to the med center for dialysis to make sure has kidneys were as cleansed as possible, made sure that the combined number of cookies in their packs were more than enough to see him through. But he still hated this, and dreaded the topic being brought up if anyone finally caught on to what Tahiri was doing and finally asked the question.

This was the one topic that no bets were placed upon. The one topic Anakin would not tolerate any wagers being joked about.

Tahiri had told his mom the story in the playground the morning they?d all talked, but he?d asked his mom not to say anything to anyone else. The mere fact that not one person had commented on Tahiri?s continuous force feeding him cookies made him think that Leia had not kept her promise and that everyone on the team, who spoke fluent Basic, knew exactly why Tahiri was doing it.

He wasn?t sure whether to thank her, or throttle her. And by ?her? he wasn?t sure if he meant Tahiri or his mother. Or both of them.

If Anakin had gotten a decent amount of sleep the night before he might have considered telling Tahiri to lay off on the cookies, but the truth was he was already feeling the strain, and given that this was only their second day, that wasn?t a good thing.

After running from the monster in the field, which neither Jacen nor Tahiri had been able to give a clear description of, except to say that it was big and scary and had lots of legs and even more teeth, the group had wound their way through broken buildings and overturned walkways for hours. They?d finally made camp in one of those broken buildings, only to have to run from it when the ground had begun to quake an hour later, causing loose wires and twisted beams to fall, nearly taking out half the team.

For the next several hours, every time they stopped to rest, the ground shook, the quakes only letting up a few hours before sunrise, giving the team only enough time to catch their breaths, sleep for a bit, and then be woken by the smell of burning shrubs.

They had no idea what had started the fire that had chased them from that last resting spot, but with the sun coming up they simply decided to continue on their trek, figuring they?d find a place to rest later.

They were in the open air now, making their way through what might once have been an artificial park. It was very quiet. Too quiet for Anakin?s liking. There were no animal sounds, no birds cawing, not even the sound of wind whistling through trees. Of course, there weren?t any trees. Just mud and dirt, and more broken and twisted steel and concrete on either side of them where more buildings used to be.

?Any idea where we are??

Luke?s question broke the eerie silence and startled Anakin. The only other noise he?d heard in ages had been the sound of hi

23. Melissa1991

Jul 5, 2009
    Loved the ending of this chapter, again you did a brilliant job ö.
    *Goes off to build a shrine for this fic, stops halfway and turns around again.*
    I'm not that creepy, but still, it doesn't mean that I don't think this fic is wonderful.

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Congrats to lost_lauries_grapes. :D She's blessed to be able to get sneak peeks and melt before the rest of us LOL ;) That's the major league #1 perks of betaing. :D

Super update. Love how you mix the A/T mush through it all :D :D Can never have too much mush--though some readers/characters may think: Enough already LOL ;)

The teamwork is so much better than it was during the Myrkr mission. More focused and cohesive. :)

They all keep their cool for the most part and can think straight and resourcefully.

25. TahiriSoloFan

May 20, 2003
    Nicely done! =D=

For all the horror that Jacen has caused lately in profic, it's easy to forget that quite a bit of what they managed to accomplish at the end against the Vong had to do with him and his connection to the World Brain. Of course being generous to his "good" traits wouldn't have been at the front of Older Tahiri's mind when she was passing on her information (and she may not have known all the details to begin with.)

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.