main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Free ComicBook Day May 1st '10

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jawafett, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Free Comic Book Day, May 1st 2010 http://www.freecomicbookday.com/
    Here are some locations, or go to your local comic book shop:

What: Free Comic Book Day @ Things From Another World
    Where: Beaverton Store 4390 SW Lloyd Ave. Beaverton, OR 97005
    When: May 1st, from 12pm to 2pm
    Details: see below

http://www.tfaw.com/
    Things From Another World has asked members of Cloud City Garrison to participate in their Free Comic Book Day Festivities again at their Beaverton location. In addition to our involvement, they will have several artists signing throughout the day:
    12:00pm - 3:00pm Shawn Cruz
    1:00pm - 2:30pm Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson
    2:00pm - 5:00pm Jason Martin
    4:00pm - 7:00pm Lee Moyer
    They will have some pirate characters there as well.

Another place:
    WHERE: TONYS KINGDOM OF COMICS
    5420 RIVER RD N KEIZER OR
    503-463 1142
    WHEN: 1st SATURDAY IN MAY EVERY YEAR
    MAY 1st 2010
    10:00 AM - 7:00 PM

http://tonyskingdom.net/
    http://www.cloudcitygarrison.com/forum/index.php?topic=5002.0 for more info.
    Tony is hosting several artists as well as Star Wars Characters from Cloud City Garrison, Kashyyyk Base, and others.

If any FanForce members want to meet up, make yourself known.

I'm making arangements to go down to Tony's Kingdom myself. I don't know what time I'll be there but I plan on going.

-Eric

2. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    Looks like one of the Mercs will be hitting up Tony's (hint, hint), for those who would be interested in seeing them up close, and in person!

- Bill

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I already have met them.:p

4. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Mir'shebs! I was referring to those who hadn't, yet, and lived close to Keizer... helllloooo? :D

- Bill

5. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    will you guyz be closing the place out?? im gonna be at timberline till 3 but i will still make it prolly round 5ish. hey jasmine and jade you two interested?? meet like 530 or 6??

6. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I have no idea how long "Eco" will be there. But I tell you what, you can go to the Mercs website, sign up for a forum account, and PM him! ;)

His forum name is "Rhiis 'Eco' Mak'tau". Shoot him a PM and ask him how long he will be there. Tell him you are OFF and that I sent you! :)

- Bill

7. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    i may just have to do that....maybe all that show can all go get a bite to eat afterwards

8. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I probably won't be able to go to either event, due to the fact that I have another bowling tournament that day (plus homework/AP test studying).

9. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    I probably won't be able to make it Saturday. May 1st is the first day we're enumerating. Have to count people. It'll probably be a bit slower and more stressful than normal because I'm just starting out.

This is great because I've been unemployed for the last six months and I didn't qualify for unemployment. I can't wait until I can pay some bills! (Oh Sith! This is what my life has become, I'm excited to pay bills. :oops:)

-ImperialJ

10. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    I'll be showing up at Tony's Kingdom sometime in the afternoon. I might be in costume. But I'm just going there for the stuff and meeting the artists.

-Eric

11. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    well plans changed for the sidious one i wont be goin boarding ive got some other matters to tend to so Im gonna look to the message boards to see who when and where ill be there at some point tomorrow hope to see a few of ya there.... hey ImpJ it dont really get any better either LOL just stop buying stuf and the bills kinda go away LOL

12. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    I'm going to try and show up eventually...but I have a baybay shower to hit up first. lame.

13. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    dude wher the ffffffuuudge is this place??? i was all jacked up on a 32oz red bull smoothie and drove up and down river road....obviously to no avail....what gives i wanted to get pix of cos players for my friend so he can rip on me its funny

14. jawafett

Mar 13, 2003
    Tony's Kingdom of Comics is on the corner of Chemawa Rd & River Rd. Shopping center with Albertsons/Rite Aid. It's in a side building. You can't miss it...err...I guess you did. Sorry. He hosts events with characters alot. I will try to notify you guys when things go on.

15. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    any time theres cos players let me know i want to support em, that sucked i missed it i pulled into roths parkin lot and little did i know it was across the street...:mad:

16. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    I missed this ComicBook day. But in reality, free ComicBook days don't really impress me. They only give you a cheap comic book that you would normally never buy. How good is that?

17. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Anyone get any goods?

18. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    i discoverd the wonderful 32oz red bull smoothie....=P~ but other than that much to my dismay i never found the place:mad:

19. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    Then nice thing about Tony, is that he hosts events all throughout the year. Now that you know where the location is, the next time he has an event, you will be able to enjoy the fun!

- Bill

20. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    hey thats exactly what my brother said lol, he was shocked because i usually figure out where a place is far in advance lol he just looked at me "....dude are you serious???you couldnt find a comic shop???" and for me to not know where a comic shop is....that just never happens LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.