main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Friendliest 'Woks aren't stuffed | FINISHED October 18 | Epilogue

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Title: Friendliest 'Woks aren't stuffed
    Authors: REBADAMS7 and -thor-
    Rating: usually PG, parts may reach into PG-13
    Timeframe: approximately around "X-Wing : Starfighters of Adumar"
    Category: EU
    Genre: Romance, Action, a little bit of Angst (just a little)
    Spoiler: possibly minor for "X-Wing : Starfighters of Adumar"
    Dramatis Personae:
    Myn Donos ? Human Male from Corellia
    Kirney Slane Donos ? Human Female from Coruscant
    Alina Jalleela Donos ? Human Female from Commenor (OFC)
    Kolot ? Ewok Male from Endor
    Beshi ? Ewok Female from Endor (OFC)
    Selan Donos ? Human Male from Corellia (OMC)
    Jalleela Donos ? Human Female from Corellia (OFC)
    Tomaas Pyrynth (aka 'Browny') ? Human Male from Lianna (OMC)
    Holan Briker (aka 'Blacky') ? Human Male from Lianna (OMC)

Ships:
    Kolot´s Lair ? Modified Sienar Fleet Systems Sentinel-Class Landing Craft
    Sunwhip ? Modified Muurian Transport (minor role)
    Scarlet Ranger ? Modified Kuat Drive Yards Corona-Class Transport
    Preceding Stories:
    #The Secrets of still waters#
    #Fait Accompli#

Disclaimer:
    We do not own any of the characters or the events of the Star Wars World. Star Wars belongs to George Lucas and the characters to those who created them. We're merely borrowing them.

Author´s notes:
    Before starting I wanted to make some things clear - this story is more Rebekah´s than mine as the initial plot idea is hers. With time we added new ideas and so the story kept growing and growing so that it is now far longer than we anticipated. It actually makes it possible to write a sequel :)

This was my very first experience with a co-author and I have to say it´s sometimes downright funny to see how similar our thoughts were on certain aspects, but also refreshing to have other ideas influencing the twist of events. But now - to the story!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Myn turned from the kitchen 'lizer unit and listened to the giggles emanating from Alina's room. He flicked the unit on and heard her shriek with laughter even louder. He peered into the room, now lit only with the setting sun, the huge collections of stuffed Ewoks and Wookies from around the galaxy that courtesy of Hobbie and Wes continued to grow - there was the shocking lavender one that arrived yesterday sticking out from under the bed - and the rest were pressed around the walls, along the far wall near the chest sat Alina, being tickled by Kolot, who had hidden amongst the less "living" of her toys.

"Daddy, he found me first again," she laughed.

Kolot stopped and smiled. "Not more now princess - Kolot knows it's time for rest," he stated, dropping his arms from behind her and headed for the door.

"Get ready for your bath, Mommy will be back by morning and you'll want to be ready."

"Yes Daddy, I missed her this time," Alina called back as she stood, turned to her chest and took out her pajamas.

After her bath and "The little lost Bantha Cub" - her and 1/2 the galaxy's favorite bedtime storybook - Myn tucked her in with a kiss and closed the door to her room. He stepped out onto the porch and sat near Kolot, enjoying the clear, starry night.

"Looking for Kirney?" Kolot inquired as they scanned the southern sky.

"Thinking of her anyway ... I'd prefer she wouldn't travel solo, but she is training the crew for the new ship, so she's not alone - just we aren't there and she will be alone only for

2. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Well Here we are - hope you all enjoy
    Reb

3. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    No readers? :(

Well .. up.

4. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Well, I told you I'd come torment you over here.

Great looking first post, guys!

~Rogue

5. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *shakes head*

Why always me? *sigh*

;)

6. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Must be your smile ;)
    Reb

7. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Hi Reb - saw your name and thought I'd pop in. This looks interesting. Nice to see Donos reunited with Lara/Kirney. :)

8. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Hi Tahi! Nice to see a new reader here :)
    You might want to read the two fics I mentioned in the head as it might make a few things easier to understand.

Reb - you mean if I start playing 'Captain Cardboard' they´ll leave me alone? ;)

9. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Yay, I'm glad to see more of Alina. As for the story line, would I be right to suspect this will turn into an Ewok love story? If I'm right I'm quite excited. There is just something really mushy about two teddy bears in love. Hey, maybe Kolot could travel to Endor on his quest for love. While he's there what do you think the chances are that he will run into a vacationing Wes Janson ;) Anyways, I can't wait for more, keep it up.
    ~Rosy

10. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Here comes part 2. Since I´ll be away from Thursday to Monday (July 10 - 14) the next posts will be on Monday and Wednesday.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Meanwhile on Endor...

Beshi was scolded often for her curiosity with the offworlders. There were a few small settlements on Endor and some contact between the two groups, but for the most part, Ewok society did not encourage the blending of the two. Beshi didn?t care for the edicts of the elders; she thought they were overly careful. After learning a bit of basic from the children of the base one compound, she ventured near the "landing area" ? not a real spaceport, but always interesting to see the new gadgets and interesting creatures that could make the metal boxes fly whenever a new ship came in.

Today she was playing with Ellie and Jonash, the children of the commander of 'company alpha' and the three of them watched the craft struggle down from the sky. Jonash had called the crew of the craft "rough characters" after his father met them and arranged for the emergency repairs. He had told them to stay away from the area till the Scarlet Ranger left the planet. When Beshi heard his speech to the children, she didn?t get all the words ? but knew he meant business. Still, her curiosity got the better of her and when Ellie went to watch where her brother was observing the repairs. They started out well hidden in the forest at the edge of the clearing. After a bit, Ellie and Jonash got into a bit of an argument over the type of engine being repaired.

"It?s a two-stage Reinar systems Alpha class1."

"No it has to be a Kuat!"

Beshi did not like to see the pair disagree ? it meant she couldn?t be with either one with out offending the other. Yes, they were cubs, but they spoke to her with more intelligence than even her own tribe did ? she was close to being too old for bonding with someone there and it was said, who would put up with her curiosity? So, being the eldest of the group by a whole lot of summers ? she offered to inspect the nameplate on the engine to end the argument. Ellie and some of the other girls had taught her to ?read? the signs and lines the offworlders used for marking, not much but she could tell the difference in Rienar and Kuat. So, to end the argument and from the looks of things, the repairs were almost complete and then the craft would be gone, but not the argument. Beshi strode across the clearing and crept up the ramp to the back engine compartment ? not noticing the hatch closing behind her ...

"Ah it is a Kua ..."

CLANG!

Her thought never finished as the hatch swung shut. She scrambled away from the engines and worked her way forward as she felt the lurch in her stomach...

"I'll be a gone one," she whispered to herself as a tear rolled down her cheek ? somehow she knew returning was not a probable option.

Ellie and Jonash watched in a bit of awe and horror as they knew they would tell their father and mother what they had seen ... would they tell the Ewok elders?

They looked at each other saying simultaneously: "I don?t care about the engines!"

Kirney arrived a few hours before dawn, tired, a bit dizzy and her stomach was upset ? it didn?t even wait for her to cross from the pad to the house.

Must have been the new programming in the replicator, she thought as she crawled into bed next to Myn and closed her eyes, dropping to sleep even as her head hit the pillow.

11. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Welcome, Rogue, Rosy and Tahi - sorry for the shortened names and posts but it is convention weekend here in the TC and I am off to convention (Is that a verb?) I am glad you are enjoying the sotry and I think you will find a few surprises about!
    Thanks and more to come!
    Reb

12. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Uh-oh...Ewoks and engines...never a good combination.

-thor- Reb - you mean if I start playing 'Captain Cardboard' they´ll leave me alone?

Are you making fun of my Jag? *offended*

~Rogue

13. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Are you making fun of my Jag? *offended*

Yes ... Why do you ask? *innocent stare*

;)

14. rogue11lovesjag

Jun 13, 2002
    Because when you make fun of my Jag, I just get meaner. [face_devil]

~Rogue

15. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    LOL .. actually I am not interested in Jag or the NJO at all. So you´re safe from me making fun of him´.

16. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Oh, I forsee more than just Ewok cubs in this story. (Have you ever noticed that women engaged in a relationship in fanfic can't feel sick without being assumed pregnant.) Good job, keep it up!
    ~Rosy

17. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Ewok cubs? Human cubs?

You guys (and girls) take a lot for granted, eh? ;) :p

18. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Euro morning up ... Where is my coffee? *yaaaaaaaaaaawn*

19. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    I don´t give up - there must be someone reading this :mad:

As dawn stole across the bedroom, Myn woke with the pleasant sensation of Kirney wrapped in his arms. He knew she had arrived in the wee hours of the night and he wanted her to sleep. As beautiful as she was in his arms, he also saw the tired look on her face and wanted that to be erased before her day began. He hadn?t scheduled any early lessons or class time for this morning, suspecting his presence here would be needed. He carefully eased his frame out of the bed and headed for the fresher, hoping the sunlight wouldn?t awaken her or Alina too soon. After he was dressed, he peeked into Alina?s room and found her still deep in slumber, her "babie wok" tucked under her chin, reminding Myn of the holo of the two of them that Kirney took the day they met. He closed the door softly and entered the kitchen.

Myn?s duty normally began at precisely nine o?clock and his commanding officer was a stickler for punctuality. More than once he?d shaken his head ? bureaucrats like this were usually better off with an office job and not with commanding the fighter pilot?s branch of the local armed forces Academy. Myn?s trainees joked that the only girlfriend this man ever had was the book with the service regulations ? of course only if they thought he wasn?t listening. He let them ? making fun of superior officers was as old as the military itself.

Yet he kept his thoughts about Colonel Jezhob Innon for himself ? out of respect for the higher rank of his superior but much more because he had been like that himself. A man so correct and distant that personal relationships were either pretty complicated or downright impossible.

Three years ago he had left the Rogues and had come to Commenor. For the first six months he had stayed at home, taking his personal ?timeout? from service and duty and just enjoyed the presence of his little girl and her mother. But then he had started to look for a new profession ? something he would do with his life. His choices had been pretty limited as the economy of his new home planet wasn't strong enough to provide enough jobs in civil branches and he hadn't learned any ?ordinary? profession having joined the Corellian Military Academy right away from the High School. He had been a professional soldier for all of his adult life and in the end he accepted that he couldn't escape it. The Commenor Militia had been more than happy to have him in their ranks ? a battle-hardened veteran of the two most famous Republic Starfighter Squadrons ? but he had opted for a career as Flight Instructor for the Fighter Pilots. For his students and colleagues he was a role model and idol, but for his superior he was also a problem. The admiration he received from everyone undermined Colonel Innon's position and Myn struggled to keep his ?fans? grounded by staying in the background as much as he could and by openly supporting Innon ? in spite of his shortcomings as officer and human being.

He flipped the switch of the Caf Distiller and whirled around to catch the toast in mid-air as it shot out of the toaster. He mumbled a couple of curses and put two new slices of toast into the device. One day he would find out how the darn spring had to be set to keep the toast from shooting out like a Mynock out of a crashing ship.

"Morn ..." Kolot?s greeting was cut off by a huge yawn. The Ewok stretched his arms into several directions and tried to wipe the sleep out of his eyes.

"Morning, Kolot. Breakfast as usual?"

"Yub yub, Major," Kolot quipped with military crispness. Ever since he had seen one of Janson's holo messages he liked to rile Myn that way.

"Oh, you little ...," Myn fumed a bit and glared at the Ewok, but Kolot merely showed his usual toothy grin. One day Wes will pay for that!

He sighed and headed over to the cooler to get the milk. Kolot had developed a liking for a certain bra

20. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Another Euro-morning up ... It´s sad to see that noone reads his. I somehow can´t imagine that there are only lurkers here :( :_|

EdIT: Note to myself .. Don´t post before at least one large mug of coffee ... Otherwise your spelling is buggy ;)

21. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Patience, my dear co -author - many folks in the states leave their computers for the weekend.....Dear Readers 0 do comment!
    We love feedback as long as it is not on our speakers!!
    Reb

22. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Leaving the PC ??? [face_shocked] NOOOOOOO!!!!

*Hugs PC* I won´t leave you (unless it´s absolutely necessary) ... 8-} [face_laugh]

23. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Next post later today .... much later ;)

24. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    *sets up equipment to detect lurkers*

Such a pity that we can´t see the simple hits on the topic :( ... In case anyone reads here comes the next part.

Beshi crawled into a dark corner of what seemed to be the storage part of the ship and flung her arms around her legs. She rested her back against the cold durasteel wall and her head on her knees. A few boxes hid her from the eyes of the ship's crew and bathed her hideout in darkness.

Stupid Beshi, she scolded herself. The elders were right. My curiosity has put me in deep trouble.

Pictures of her small home village, of her parents, friends and of the elders flashed in her mind bringing tears into her eyes. I want to go home, she thought and began to cry quietly. She sniffed and sighed deeply as she knew that would remain a dream. She didn't even know where the ship was headed ? and if she knew the name she would probably have no clue where that place was. Tears began to invade her eyes again, but she kept completely still as two other people entered the room.

"We're in Hyperspace. We should arrive at Selonia in about ten hours."

"Good," a second male voice responded. "Did you check the other boxes in the secret compartment?"

"Yes. The animals are ok, have enough water and food. They should make it."

Beshi sneaked to the corner of a box and peered into the open part of the storage room. Two human males ? one dark-haired and pretty slim, the other brown-haired, small and a little plump ? were standing a few meters from her. The younger and taller man looked a little uncomfortable. "And you're sure this is a good idea?"

The older glared and crossed the arms over his chest. "We've discussed that more than ten times and you always said it was a good idea. This little side-business brings us more credits ? credits we badly need."

"Yeah, you're right. It's just ... well it's illegal."

"What are you?" the second one quipped. "A man or a Mynock? This little shipment brings more than four thousand credits."

"I have a family to take care of," the taller one shouted.

"You want to be able to give your wife and son everything they need, don't you?"

"Yes, but I can't do that if I'm digging for Spice on Kessel! This is the last one. After that mission I'll get out of this ?business?."

The older one shrugged. "It's your decision," he said and turned to leave.

Beshi ? who had understood only a part of the conversation ? continued to study the two men. She instinctively knew that the older one ? Browny ? was more dangerous than the younger one ? Blacky. I have to be careful, she thought and turned to get back into her hideout. Unfortunately she bumped into a box and a smaller box, which had rested atop he bigger one, fell to the floor with a loud THUMP.

"What was that?"

Oh great, she sighed and pressed her back against the bigger box.

"It came from that corner."

The sound of steps came closer and Beshi's heartbeat quickened considerably. Please, don't let them find me! She closed her eyes and sent a prayer to the lord of her world. The next thing she registered was being grasped in the back and lifted off the floor.

"My my. What do we have here? An Ewok!"

Beshi growled and tried to twist out of the men's grasp, but his hand held her like a steel claw.

"How did he get in here?"

"How did she get in here?" Browny corrected. "It's a female Ewok. I guess she was a little too curious and got trapped in here." He turned Beshi in his grip and studied her from all sides. "Looks healthy."

"And?" Blacky inquired raising an eyebrow.

"Do you know what such an exemplar brings?"

"Yeah. Ten years on Kessel. Tomaas forget it. The other animals are ok, but an Ewok! Do you know what they're doing with us if they find her on the ship?"

"Shut up," Browny thundered. "This one is more worth than the whole other shipment ? I'd say five

25. talkingbanana

talkingbanana Jedi Master star 3

Jun 4, 2003
    Ah . . . your lurker detection equipment caught me! Usually I don't post replies, but I figured you needed to know that people really are reading this.

Very creative concept - can't wait to see where this goes! Keep up the great work. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.