main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gamer 8 question on outcome((spoilers))

Discussion in 'Literature' started by chissdude10, Dec 31, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    This question was brought to my attention when Genghis said that Lumia was experimening with Buffor tree(the stuff the vong are allergic too) and the Vong were invading Yaga Minor(at least i think)

1.Is this considered canon?

2. if so who wins and what is to come?

2. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Chissdude10,

Those are open-ended answers with several possibilities, in part, because they are threads left open to the rpg's and in part because we don't know if the novels will help flush out those possibilities.

However, at least with question 2, there are reasonable inferences that the YV and the Imperials might have clashed at Yaga Minor.

Shedao Shai, (in his reprimands to Deign Lian in DT:R), deduced that the Imperials were involved at the Battle of Garqi. Garqi and Yaga Minor are within striking distance of one another. Garqi is a Yuuzhan Vong controlled territory. Yaga Minor is a site of one of the Imperial Remnant's major shipyards. Jim Luceno further elaborated that the Imperials were helping the New Republic engage the Yuuzhan Vong before the Imperials withdrew to protect their own territories.

So there are several questions. Would the Yuuzhan Vong allow the Imperial Remnant to engage in military conflict without repurcussions? Is the situation with the Imperial Remnant different than the situation with the Hutts because there is no breach of "trust?" If it is different, than what does that mean? Would the Yuuzhan Vong treat Yaga Minor as a strategic target and eliminate it and/or attempt to eliminate it? Would the Yuuzhan Vong engage the Imperial Remnant on another front thus inceasing the dangers of "spreading themselves too thin?" Was there a specific reason, (i.e., like an attack on Imperial Space or a build-up of YV forces near Imperial Space), that required the Imperial Remnant to withdraw their forces back to Imperial Space?

Certainly, I would think the Yuuzhan Vong have to be wary of the Imperials given their contributions to the Galaxywide conflict early in that conflict, but what does that mean? When we learn in EV:R that the Yuuzhan Vong are spread thin, does that mean they are in Imperial Remnant Space too? (Note however, the galaxy is a big, big place).

I think it is reasonable to think the Yuuzhan Vong and the Imperials have had skirmishes, (or more), at Yaga Minor and/or along their borders.

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.