main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Get pumped for Revenge of the Sith!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Rise_Of_Thrawn, Dec 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Rise_Of_Thrawn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2003
    Hey folks. Dustin has informed me that there?s an annoyingly low level of excitement and enthusiasm in this forum. Why is that?

This is the last Star Wars movie? and let me tell you, it?s going to be awesome. Personally, I?m spoiled, and can say that what I?ve seen and heard thus far, if it is indeed accurate, will truly amaze you. You may think that ?oh, we know what?s gonna happen: Anakin will fall to the dark side, the Jedi will die, Palpatine will gain even more power, etc.? But honestly, there?s so much more than that.

This movie will still surprise you with it?s many twists and turns. It?ll keep you interested to the end, and will leave you wondering what the outcome will be even though you already know it. From the trailer, Hyperspace info, spy reports, spy pictures, and so on? I can assure you that you will NOT be disappointed by Revenge of the Sith.

It?s time for everyone to get pumped. There are less than five months left until the release, and there?s still a sense of ?ho-hum? in the forum. Get excited about this movie? it?s your last chance go nuts about the release of a Star Wars film! The film will be UNBELIEVABLE?

? so get hyped everyone. It?s almost here.

:D

2. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
    I am excited for Episode III, and I loved the first two prequels.

It just so happens that they just announced the release date for the sixth installment in another universally-popular fictional series...

3. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    Ah yes... I was rather excited about that too. ROTS comes first though... both in my mind and release order. :D

4. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I am indeed excited about the movie, though I want to keep my expectations low so as not to create an unreasonable amount of self-hype.

I think the reason it is quiet in here is that we have little more to debate. We've argued Palps=Sidius and What Color Saber In The Duel and How Does Mace Die and so forth and so on endlessly. Outside of actual new content being released (the trailer, the revelation of General Grievous) we've pretty much beat the horse quite dead. In order to spark some debate we're going to have to think of a new twist or loosen up the thread requirements.

To be honest, though, it gets pretty overwhelming with too much activity. It is a bit slow in here at the moment, but some of the other forums have too much going on to keep up. I kind of like the slower pace in here.

5. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Don't worry.

Once the main trailer hits (reportedly in March, although I've also heard another teaser in January), the site will be busier.

Maybe I'll start upping old threads.

And I haven't heard anything yet to dampen my enthusiasm. :D

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Oddly enough the people who are the most excited are the ones posting in this thread. [face_thinking]

But I'm WAY pumped. I'm marginally spoiler free, but from what Dustin and Ousley have been saying, it's just going to be unbelievably cool. The OS is also doing so much for making us even more excited. The content, while sometimes not thrilling, is amazing and I'm thankful for it everyday.

And I think there is plenty to discuss, especially with the OS material coming out daily. This forum is sadly lacking in people, and I have zero explaination for it. Is the 3SA really that fabulous? We're so much more laid back. :p But I think we (Dustin, Ousley ,stormcloud, ghost etc.) all kind of amuse ourselves most of the time. ;)

7. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I think that by definition, most people who don't want to be spoiled about the movie wouldn't even come to a forum. So the very nature of a non-spoiler forum is somewhat self-defeating, as most people who come here are seeking information about the film, yet few have the self control we select few have!

Question - where do your expectations lie? My expectations are higher than before AOTC, but lower than before TPM.

8. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    I'm placing it right between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi (ROTJ being my favorite of the five films).

9. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    My expectations are really through the roof...The trailer only made me more excited that my hopes would be fulfilled...I know I may be setting myself up to be let down, but this fild just has SOOO much to tell. Story-wise, it has far more character development that needs to be done as well as a lot of widespread galactic changes that we havent really seen in a SW movie yet

10. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    You won't be let down.

I'm only placing it behind ROTJ because ROTJ is DEFINITELY my favorite of the films... I love the rest but they don't really even come close in comparison.

11. origjedi

origjedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2001
    Believe me, I'm PUMPED! I've waited for this movie for over 25 years and I AM PSYCHED!!! I've taken two weeks off from work before the movie comes out just so I can be there for the first showing! I'm getting excited just thinking about it! It will definitely be a climatic ending to the greatest saga of all time in movies, IMO. Can you imagine how the boards are going to be once they start showing it? JAM-PACKED!!! Everyone will be talking about everything in the movies everyday! From the littlest details to of course the biggest surprises. And I think, R_O_T, for all the spoilers that will be known, I still believe there will be a few surprises left for everyone. "Always in motion is the future...".

12. Ana_Labris

Ana_Labris Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I am pumped as hell! And I'm grateful for this forum, because I can always lurk and not get spoiled :D
    Spy pics, thou pump me so! *laughs*

13. Soothsayer

Soothsayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I am pumped, but I just rarely post. I come here at least once a day and check out the posts.....but i will admit as the movie gets closer I will prb avoid Star Wars sites to help protect myself from spoilers.

However, now that this is a private board I may trust it more.

14. Obi_Frans

Obi_Frans Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm immensely excited for 'Sith', but like stormcloud said before me - it's hard to still find topics to debate after so long, especially because i don't want to be spoiled by hyperspace etc etc.

I think no other SW movie ever had me this pumped aside from Clones, which totally surpassed whatever crappy ideas i had about it :p

15. youngvader

youngvader Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm very excited. But it's sad that there won't be any more SW movies after that.

16. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I'm glad you're all looking forward to it. For some reason I can't get pumped myself. :(

17. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    You will be. You....will...be.

18. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    Once we hit May, I doubt we'll hear of too many people not pumped for ROTS. ;)

19. MYMUTHAZ

MYMUTHAZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 17, 2001
    may can't come soon enough.
    i'm very excited for this movie. i'm not looking forward to it all being over in a way.
    being aas spoiler free as i can this time around has made it much more enjoyable then counting down AOTC was. i read every spy report and was completely spoiled. and i can tel you the spoiler boards were not nearly as freindly as these boards are. i even got banned once because i went off on some not nice person.
    wow i think i trailed off a bit there........

20. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    After I come back from Celebration III, I think that I'll probably just lie in the fetal position and shake until the release of the film, like an addict waiting for his next fix. ;)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

21. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Last year when ROTK came out, I was talking out of my ass and claiming I never even needed an Episode III. Thankfully, I've come to my senses.

22. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Good for you!

Though, I must admit, around the time of ROTK, I wasn't thinking much of Star Wars either. [face_blush]

too windy for spoilers!

23. kingthlayer

kingthlayer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 7, 2003
    Hah, nobody was. ;)

edit Wink faces move now?!

24. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    Yeah, they move! Maybe if you didn't get banned so much, you would know that! ;) :p

too windy for spoilers!

25. Rise_Of_Thrawn

Aug 24, 2003
    Windy: 1. Bryan: 0.

[face_laugh]

I too wasn't too excited about Episode III about the time ROTK came out... but that's certainly changed after what I've seen and heard so far... even just from Hyperspace. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.