main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Getting Tickets, getting in line, what are our plans?

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, May 8, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    Please sign here if you are able to stand in line next Monday to get tickets. If we could have planned our 4th meeting, then that is when we could have established a ticket buyer for our group.

If you are planning to try to attend the midnight showing, please put MIDNIGHT in bold next to your Screenname.

If you are planning to attend the 4:00 showing, please put that by your name and indicate which theatre (e.g. Southpointe).

Since only one theatre is having a midnight showing, that is Southpointe, we need to make plans to get tickets if we are able to.

We will make plans in the future to attend the movie together as a group (e.g. after school is over) very soon.

Does anyone know if Douglas would let us buy a block of tickets ahead of time for our group?

Any other thoughts?

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    MIDNIGHT :D (Hopefully) I might also go again that day, possibly at 4:00. I don't care which theatre, but probably SouthPoint becuase that is where I will be standing in line. :) I will try to get in line early monday morning, or even on Sunday if anyone I can trust will be there then... :)

3. Atticis

Atticis Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    I will be standing in line on Monday but probably for the 7:00 show at Southpointe. My friends have kids and we all want to go together so this is the best time for us. See ya's all there :) I work for the state and put in my vacation slip and it was approved so I will be there I just don't know what time I will be getting there I live very close.

4. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I'm not sure... probably the 4:00 at Eastpark b/c I can't get to Southpointe by 4 after school. I don't know how I'm going to get tickets yet.

I want to see it at midnight :_|

5. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Maybe we could all agree on meeting at Eastpark at 4 if that would be easier for some people. That way we could possibly see it all as a group. ?[face_plain]

Only one post per minute is allowed [face_plain]

6. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    well, depending on if I can get Midnight tickets, 4:00 may or may not work for me. (There is a reason that I might not be able to go to a 4:00 showing, anyway)

I'd rather try to go to Midnight, anyway.

Plus, 4:00 @ EastPark may sell out.

We don't have to attend as a group the first day. Let's do that once there are some matinees on WEEKDAYS.
    That will probably be late May / Early June.

7. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    So true Liz!! So are you going to be lined up for Midnight tickets too?

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    it depends on how I feel. I have a little bit of bronchitis and an infection. Hopefully, I'll be able to stand in line, but now I am not sure. I'll have to bring a lawn chair or something to sit on.

9. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    I'm sorry Liz... I hope you feel better soon! :)

10. Nikina2001

Nikina2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2002
    I think I'll be able to go to the midnight showing, but I'm not completely positive yet. I don't know how I'm getting tickets either. :D [face_devil]

11. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Okay, I talked to the theater, and you can buy 12 tickets per person, so really, even if we just have a few people in line, we can get more then enough tickets. How early are people headed for line? I'm hopeing people don't start lining up till sunday, cause I don't want to line up till then..

~Cassie~

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Um, Crisi? I don't know when I will line up, but I was thinking Monday morning. I hope I don't have to get there on Sunday [face_plain] Maybe we could all meet up together at a certain time :)

13. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Well, I saw someone mention on the board that they had a group that was lining up saturday.. and who knows whe people will start, especially since its supposed to be a rainy weekend. If we want midnight showing tickets though, we need to be near the front of the line.. at 12 tickets/person they'll go fast.

~Crisi~

14. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Yep. I hope not many people are in line already [face_plain] I think I will line up early monday morning becuase I heard it was going to be quite rainy on Sunday. The thing about 12 per person is horrible, IMHO. It just seems to yell out "scalper" to me... :p

15. Nikina2001

Nikina2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2002
    so you all are skipping work/school on monday? i wish my parents would let me. :( :_|

16. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
  17. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Okay, people are starting to line up today, and we are headed over there pretty soon. If you want to look for us, we'll be the ones with chairs, tarps, blankets, umbrellas, etc. :) My real name is Cassie and my friends Becky and Sara are going to be in line for sure, so come see us! TAlk to you all monday!

~Cassie~

18. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    Crisi, I will probably put a piece of tape on my shirt saying OWA, so we might meet each other! :D

19. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Okay, update, we are the third ones in line.. no clue when I will check this board agian though, so just come see us in line if you want a ticket.. i'd perfer money in advance.

~Cassie~

20. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    How much are the tickets going to be?? ?[face_plain] I'll see you there Crisi! Thanks for the help :)

21. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    Samsgirl and I are going to Eastpark right after school tomorrow... hopefully there's not much of a line there! We will be going to the 7:00 showing at Eastpark on the 16th.

22. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Jan 10, 2000
    :D This is sooo exciting!! :)

23. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Okay, so is my group supposed to be buying tickets for anyone? So far i'm not getting any for any fan force people. If you want tickets from us, bring money to the line tomrow, or I suppose, post here... i might still be able to get you on the list and pay for you, but i will hunt down anyone who does not pay me back.

~Crisi

24. Crisi83

Crisi83 Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    Okay, heading off to work now, so i can no longer get anyone tickets... just go to the line i suppose if you want to try. bye bye

25. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    I'm hopefully going to get out to Southpointe pretty soon and give my $$$ to someone I know who (hopefully) will be waiting in line (she is one of Crisi's friends - who hopefully will be there!).

The only thing I don't know is if tickets will cost $7 or $4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.