main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ** Ghosts from the past ** H/L - Post ROTJ / AU - New note, 06/16/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jedi-lelila, Aug 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Okay guys, so this idea I had a few days ago.

My story takes place just after the Return of the Jedi. It?s AU, completely AU since Bail Organa is still alive :)
    Oh yes, noone knows that they are lovers except Luke, Chewie, Lando.
    Characters: SW characters, Bail Organa, Winter, maybe Garm Bel Iblis, and original characters (Karina, Alec Maverik Rialla) in honour to my dear brother of mine who gave me this idea.

Summary: What if some ghosts from both Han and Leia?s past surfaced??? Will their new relationship be strong enough to survive? Not so sure [face_devil] :D

I?m beginning to write it right now. So I don?t have any schedule for posts and maybe I won?t have regular posts. Hope you won?t mind. :D
    Thanks.

Are you interested in reading it? Tell me and I?ll write it.

I?m also looking for a beta reader if anyone is interested, I?ll appreciate!!!

2. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Ooohhh...A H/L fic before NJO...I haven't seen one of those since...never...But that dosen't mean nothin, considering that I'm still a newb! This looks promising and it's a great idea...so write!

3. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Sound good to me, can't wait to see what ghosts arrive!!!!

4. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    I'd like to see it too! :)

5. Mara_Jade_FSS

Mara_Jade_FSS Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2003
    sounds good! i'll be checking for it. ;)

6. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    I'd certainly read it.

7. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes! Write it and I'll read it.

:)

8. Narssayah

Narssayah Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    Six Readers??? :eek: :eek:
    Great I'll post the first part soon

Before the end of the week, promise.

But I don't know when exactly

9. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    Six Readers???
    Hmm, no seven. I would love a Pre-NJO, H/L story.

10. Narssayah

Narssayah Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    First post tomorrow

11. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003

I need a little info. Can anyone tell me what Winter's nickname is? I have it in French (la Traceuse) and I need it in English.
    I think it is in the Timothy Zahn's trilogy (The Last Command or maybe the previous book) when Mara Jade recognizes her.

Thanks a lot.

12. alhana_antilles

alhana_antilles Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 16, 2002
    It's Targeter.

13. Narssayah

Narssayah Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    Thanks a lot alhana_antilles

14. Narssayah

Narssayah Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    Hi everybody, here comes the first post.

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the Star Wars Universe. It all belongs to George Lucas. I'm writing this only for fun and I don't do for money either.

Title: Ghosts from the Past

Category: Post-Rotj, totally AU

Summary The story begins on Endor, right after the end of the movie ROTJ. Han and Leia, while trying to start their future together, are confronted to ghosts from their pasts.

Characters: refer to first post. Bail Organa is still alive but nobody knows.

Note: This is my first Fiction. I've never written any fictions before (only feedbacks :D ) I'm starting it. I don't know what the end will be. I don't even know if I'll finished it. :( But, I promise, I'll try.
    BTW, English isn't my native language. All this to ask you all, readers, to be kind with me when you'll feedback ;)

Part 1: The war is over?

Over.

This war was finally over. Well, almost. There were still some Imperial strongholds left.
    Han Solo could hardly believe it. He stood, alone, in the Ewok camp, on Endor looking at the sky where had once been the worst weapon ever built. After all, it had been a weapon that had come directly from a human and evil mind?

The war was over, the Emperor was dead, as was Vader. Right, the Rebellion had suffered a lot during this ultimate battle against the Empire. The New Order, completely on Palpatine?s view, was the exact reflect of his senility, his evil mind, and his madness.

Han wished his mind could stop wandering. Of course, there had been losses. But ALL wars meant losses. And Imperial losses have been huger than the Alliance ones. The fighters, the Executor, the Death Star,? Clones,Han thought bitterly. Lots of them had been common clones, without names, just a number? For their officers, what for were they useful? Being killed? Obeying blindly to orders? For the officers and the Empire, they were considered as common things and certainly not as human beings.

Solo felt nauseous at this thought.

This is one of the reasons I left the Navy, he remembered. Well, I did not exactly leave, he amended, rather kicked out. Of course, when he had left, the existence of the clones had still been a rumour, but nevertheless? Knowing the Imperial mentality, it wouldn?t have lasted long (if it had been real) before human officers acted towards the clones as they used to acting towards women or non-human species. A day, he had heard an alien saying that he was totally supporting the Rebellion, because ? according to Imperials - non-humans were nothing, because ?even animals were treated better than aliens?.
    As a Corellian, Han had always been against slavery. Clones with numbers didn?t have any identity or humanity, so they were nobody as well as slaves. That?s why Han had saved Chewie, because he hadn?t been able to bear it anymore, even if it had brought him troubles. Sort of. Han grinned at the memory.

At first, Chewie had been following Han even if the latter had tried desperately to get rid of this unbearable Wookiee. Han did speak little of Shyriiwook but he had been able to understand quite some things about the Wookiee. His name, well he hadn?t been wholly sure but it was something like Chewbacca, yeah that was it, Chewbacca. From Kashyyyk naturally. Anyway, maybe it hadn?t been such a good idea to know his name, or to call him by his name. Consequently, the Wookiee had seemed to be stuck to Han. Whatever the Corellian had said or done to make Chewbacca leave, hadn?t worked. At least, the Wookiee had been a few steps behind, but he had been still there. He had explained something about a Wookiee custom, the Life Debt, to protect Han because he had saved his life or some stuff like this? bull****, Han had thought at the moment. But even when he had tried hard he hadn?t succeeded in making Chewie leave. At the

15. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    YES!!! I get first post. THIS IS GREAT!!! I love you the way you have Han thinking. Keep up the posts!!!!

16. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Good Start!

17. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Oooh, great start.
    [face_love] the way you dove into Han's head.

18. Narssayah

Narssayah Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    starwarsfan68: Thank you very much. Glad you liked Han thinking. I'll continue, promised.

Kab730: Thanks.

J_M_Bulldog: Thanks. Glad you liked too.

All Truth be told, I was afraid I didn't succeed in writing correctly Han's feelings in this post.
    Thanks you for your encouragements.

Next post tomorrow!!

19. Narssayah

Narssayah Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    Hi everyone. Here the second part:

Part 2: You?re strong, Princess!

Leia Organa came back to the camp. She had spent a large part of the night speaking with Luke, about Vader, Anakin? whatever his name was or had been. For her, he would always be a monster that had made her suffer. So he will never, never, never be a father for her.

Her father was Bail Organa, Viceroy of Alderaan, a peaceful planet the Empire had destroyed four years ago. Four years. No, Leia wouldn?t cry. She wouldn?t cry because she knew she was strong. Strong morally, and mentally. She was strong now, thanks to Han. Because she had eventually realized how right he was.

*~*~*~*~* Flashback *~*~*~*~*

If he hadn?t been there, if he had left, she would be dead now. A day, before they went to Hoth, in Echo Base, while they still were in the Rebel Base located on Agantha III, Han had saved her life, once again. It had been two days after the Destruction Anniversary. She had been locked in her cabin. Nobody could enter. She had switched off her commlink. Her day had been off. Nobody could disturb her. Leia had worked all day as usual in the Command Center. She had done her work. But there still had been something bothering her: she had been seeing repeatedly this green laser flashing from the core of this hideous beast that was the Death Star and then hitting her home world.

Leia Organa had spent all day fighting against herself, against this vision, against her tears. Several times she had whimpered, trying desperately not to yell. That had earned her curious glances from her colleagues and finally Rieekan, aware that something hadn?t been right, had told the Princess to go to rest. She had obeyed, even if it had been still the afternoon. But as soon as she had closed her eyes, the nightmares, the vision, the green laser had started again, with such a force that she had woken up in a cold sweat, screaming, and weeping.

Since Yavin, she had had secret therapeutic sessions with a rebel psychologist. After all, she was a Princess and a leader; that was why she wasn?t allowed any weakness. When she had woken up this afternoon, the nightmare had been worse than any she had had before. Leia had got the feeling that she had been getting crazy: hence she had decided not to sleep anymore so that she wouldn?t dream.

Leia had felt tired. Tired of the role she had to play. She wasn?t an actress. She had played long enough in the Senate. She had felt tired of keeping up appearances. She had been with the Rebel for nearly three years now, and all of them had been looking up to her, waiting for her to give them orders or a good word? As if she had been a sort a Messiah who had known all answers. All of them had been oblivious to her inner battle, her efforts to keep a straight face?

Enough is enough. I want all this to stop now. I don?t want to become crazy, Leia had thought, while reaching for her blaster in the drawer of her bedside table. She had removed the safety catch and had held her blaster on her right temple. Leia had hesitated a few seconds during which she had seen her father?s face like it had been after her election to the Senate: grinning and proud of her, his eyes had been shining. Leia had begun to cry softly and had whispered, ?Forgive me, Father. I knew your hopes but I haven?t been able to fulfil them. I?m sorry Father. I?m so sorry, I failed you? I failed you? Forgive me.? Leia had closed her eyes and had been ready to fire.

Then, all her world had changed. All had gone fast, a firm hand had grasped and had shacked her own and had made the blaster flow through the room, while the other one had pulled her in an embrace. ?Shhh, it?s over, Sweetheart.? Han, how can he be here? He is supposed to be off planet, she had thought then. Then, there had been the gentle caress of a hand through her unbound hair. When she had realized that it was Han, Leia had looked at him and had done her best to stop crying. She had made an effort to push him away, for she hadn?t

20. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Aww. We all know how sweet our Corellian can be when he tries just a little!

I liked Pirates, too. It was a fun movie!

21. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    awwwwwwwww. Han is so SWEET. hehehe Good little Corellian! More soon!

A. Windsor and Baby Bantha

22. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Apperantly...I forgot to post...both times....
    IS SO GOOD!

23. J_M_Bulldog

Apr 24, 2003
    Wow! Excellent job on Leia. That was so sad but Han made it all better. He's good at that.

24. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    WOOOWW!!

Amazing fic!
    Count me in!!

DM

25. Narssayah

Narssayah Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003
    GreatOne: Welcome GreatOne.
    We all know how sweet our Corellian can be when he tries just a little! :D When he tries just a little, of course, but he still needs some encouragement, doesn't he?? ;)

A. Windsor and Baby Bantha: Welcome to both of you. More soon promised. :)

Master_Jacen: I won't hold it against you M_J. [face_mischief] And I'm really glad to see you there. Thanks a lot for taking part. :)

J_M_Bulldog: Wooow, thanks. [face_blush] [face_blush] Of course, Han is good at making all better, otherwise he wouldn't be my favorite SW character [face_love] :D ;)

DarthMasan: I didn't know I was able to do such a thing. [face_blush] Thanks, DM it means a lot for me.

Thanks to all of you. I wanted to post the next part Monday or Tuesday, but as you're kind, I'll made an effort and post it tomorrow evening (forum hours so Monday morning for me :p )

First Ghost is about to arrive!! [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.