main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Governor Pryce

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Accipiter, Jul 20, 2016.

1. SabineFett

SabineFett Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 17, 2014
    Huh, after watching that episode, does anyone else feel like what with the interplay between Pryce and Thrawn, she's kinda like the Star Wars canon replacement for Pallaeon?

2. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Possibly just an error- as those insignias in ROTJ- all officers wear captains insignia or lieutenant's in the background. Even Piett has captain's while he still clearly is admiral. Any attempt to explain this is doomed to fail since it is just an error.

I would love things like these to be logical but SW has always messed up logic in these kind of minor things as military ranks and such markings. People have wrong insignia and they are referred with wrong titles etc. Ship's markings and paint jobs change during the battle and cause continuity issues in every single battle scene really. That is kinda understandable in OT since models etc. are hard to make but this kind of thing continues in PT and tv-shows as well. Anakin is referred as jedi master (others than Ahsoka as well) while he never became one etc.

Most frustrating example of this is that 501st is sometimes battalion sometimes legion (as it originally was intended to be in ROTS) and is many times said to be led by captain Rex while captain should command only company. Rex was first said to command Torrent company which was part of the 501st legion (which would have made sense) but at some point he just became commander of all 501st while never was officially promoted to Commander (despite his apparent heroics). Then Appo was sergeant (not even lieutenant) and he suddenly outranks Rex in ROTS (Unless that is changed in canon now)by being Commander while Rex is supposedly on Mandalore (according to Filoni) and still just a Captain...

3. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    According to the recently updated episode guide Pryce is the governor of the Lothal Sector

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe that's actually Rear Admiral's rather than captain's for Piett - but "error" is simpler and probably more likely.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Not surprising

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  6. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    To be honest the primary vibe I got from her one appearance so far is basically ''Tarkin-but-female" but then she didn't actually get an awful lot of focus. My personal guess for the ''new'' Pellaeon is that somehow it will be Kallus who gets the role and that will play into his own character development somehow.

7. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Has anyone watched that trailer confirm if the spoiler below is accurate?
    So she attempts to interrogate Ezra except he gets loose and she ends up being electrocuted by her own interrogation device?

8. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    So this is the governor pryce we heard so much about in season 1[face_thinking]

9. Grievpalpy75

Grievpalpy75 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 31, 2015
    Yes it is

10. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    Sounds pretty accurate to what would happen.

11. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Sometimes they don't show the trailer directly after the episode, its very annoying.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Governor pryce got some punches served to her that's for sure.

Rax likes this.
  13. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Nope

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Rax

Don't spam the thread please. Let's keep the topic on Pryce abd not what other users posting time is.

15. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Sorry I just thought it was cool :p

Anyway I still don't know if Pryce is a moff or not

she wears the plaque but we haven't really gotten an explonation (that I know of). There's just "Governor Pryce" references.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am pretty sure she is just a governor

17. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Yeah but, governor is a title for Moffs and Grand Moffs. There hasn't been actual evidence that it's a rank.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Wouldn't she be referred to as a Moff by this point though?

19. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

My take on that is the governors(or per SW "regional governors") are also military commanders not civilian ones. Like how in the U.S. the President is the civilian CnC whereas these people would be directly from the military. At some point before SW the governors were militarized.

20. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    No, that's the silly thing. Not in the rebels series anyway, as far as I know of.

21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014

That's okay.

22. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014

Yeah, I don't know either to where it makes complete sense. They seem military dictators not simple governors. Even Pryce is out there carrying out spec ops and other military operations where all military personnel are in fear of her position of authority which seems to be limitless until she runs into name characters like Tarkin or Thrawn. Pablo says Moffs are not a military rank but a political rank over on Rebel recon but he fails on purpose to elaborate on the whole thing.

I always thought Moffs were like the equivalent of combination of something like a Roman Governor and Doge or something. Tarkin in TCW seemed like a cross between a SS Officer and later on as acting prosecutor and again on Rebels Season One he more reminded me of a magistrate and a Mufti where he's supposed to be this great expert on things legal and apparently religious matters as well.

"I've often wondered what a 'Grand Moff' was. It sounds like something that flew out of a cupboard." ― Peter Cushing

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  23. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    It would seem all governors wear the same plaque. Considering Pryce wears it, same as Tarkin. The system of governors is unclear at the moment, and hopefully they can sort out this plaque thing. Grand moffs and moffs should have different plaques. Should also be made clear what Pryce is. Right now though, things points to that she is a Moff. They need to sort out the plaques though, I just feel like they forgot about it or got sloppy.

Tarkin governs the outer rim territories, containing Lothal sector for instance, which is the sector Pryce governs. Grand moffs are given oversectors (Tarkin gets a real big sector though), and regular moffs are given regular sectors, such as Pryce. It's just bad that they haven't cleared this up. Referencing governor as if it was a rank.

Okay so I've looked a bit more into it. She certainly should be a Moff, because grand moffs and moffs are defined as "governors of"-- oversector or regular sectors. And she is a governor of a regular sector (Lothal). Therefore moff. I guess they haven't used Moff because governor has a better ring to it..

Ventrix likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We have always gotten weird plaque things when the empire is concerned and they are not always consistent.

25. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Pablo speaks and clarity dies.