main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.06:"The Last Battle" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 22, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Oct 29, 2016.
  1. 10

31.0%
  2. 9

21.1%
  3. 8

15.5%
  4. 7

16.9%
  5. 6

8.5%
  6. 5

1.4%
  7. 4

1.4%
  8. 3

1.4%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.8%
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Maybe its the overuse of characters?

2. WattoIsAJedi

WattoIsAJedi Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2016
    Still have to watch this episode, sounds so good though!

3. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    are you kidding me? this is the conclusion to the clone wars? What? I mean maybe I'm just too partial to TCW but that was not how it should be finalized. I love Rebels, well, everything that involves Ezra and Sabine (and Maul), i don't care about any of the other characters. When they brought Ahsoka and Rex in, i was pleased by their portrayal of these two legends, they did a great job with Ahsoka, but Rex has been handled very poorly. And the acting seemed so fake in this episode. Worst episode out of the bunch, the first one of season 3 that had nothing that appealed to me.

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Canyon D

Rex has PTSD. He's not going to be the same person he was before.

5. Canyon D

Nov 17, 2015
    that's not exactly what I mean, its just his character is brought in randomly and his acting is done wrong. Plus he looks ridiculous. I don't know, he just doesn'tseem to be fitting with the show for me. :p

6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    He's an old man now. And he's part of the beard squad. Him, Kanan and uh no one else?

7. Canyon D

Nov 17, 2015
    #beardsquad but Idk, like him being part of the show doesn't work for me, and the whole way the episode played out was just too cheesy and anticlimactic for my tastes. thats just IMO.

8. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Jedi Knight

Aug 25, 2013
    I think this was never going to have an "EPIC" ending, because the conclusion of the Clone War for both Rex and the droid was the realization that their conflict was manipulated to benefit the Empire. That as different as they were, they were fighting for very similar things, and vague acknowledgement of Palpatine's manipulation. (Which, honestly should be a bigger deal for the show...has no one looked into all that?)

9. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    10/10

My favourite episodes of Rebels tend to be the ones with TCW references and since the episode was pretty much like a classic TCW episode I loved it. Also love how the music when the battle begins is the music from the Battle of Christophsis at the start of the TCW movie. That was a really nice touch.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  10. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
    Can't vote, but 10/10.
    Best episode of s3 so far!

11. OM-685

OM-685 Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2017
    This was a great episode. I liked how the droids were obviously very old; they didn't function as well as they did many years ago.
    Some might argue that Rex throwing his helmet through the shield breaks the "fast objects can't go through the shield" rule, but Rex was surprised when he tried it.
    It showed that the droids were too old to function, and the shield wasn't working as well as it used to.

Overall, I liked it. I'd give it a 10/10.
    The only flaw I'd point out is deflecting the blaster bolts at the proton bombs. Rex and Zeb had guns...? They could've just shot the bombs themselves?
    Anyways, still a great episode.