main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade The Episode 3.11: "Visions and Voices" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Dec 10, 2016.

?

Grade The Episode

Poll closed Dec 17, 2016.
  1. 10

34.3%
  2. 9

35.8%
  3. 8

16.4%
  4. 7

11.9%
  5. 6

1.5%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Rebels Season 3! Have you watched "Visions And Voices" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all?Let us know. Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why! Note: This poll will close two weeks from now.:)

2. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    first episode I've given a 10 in awhile. I remember giving Twilight of the Apprentice a 9.5 because of the flying lightsabers, there's nothing idiotic like that to bring this episode down.
    -Ezra's dark side potential is still showing in his ambition to destroy the sith and his unwillingness to let go of his attachments to the Ghost crew.
    -Maul is given some character development - he wants friendship, something which was denied him his entire life, even with Savage whom he enforced a master/apprentice relationship upon rather than a brotherhood. He pleads to Ezra to join him but is denied and is disappointed.
    -Sabine takes the Dark Saber, I wonder what implications that might have?
    -There are two big plot lines this season - the growing Rebellion story and the dark side/Maul story. This episode advanced the Maul storyline so much - there's now a climax in sight. Though I doubt either the Rebels or Maul will ever meet Obi Wan, both know he's alive and where he is (Maul, more than the Rebels)

3. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    9/10.

Only flaws being not enough screen time for Maul and a rushed ending. Seems like this would've been an episode best split in 2 but I guess that's more of a Clone Wars thing.

thatotherjedi likes this.
  4. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    10, but I agree - it should have been a 2 part episode.

5. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    8/10 easily, one of the best episode of season 3.
    Great episode beside things being resolved a little too quickly with the nightsister spirits and the continued over-reliance on established characters. Nice foreshadowing with Sabine at the end, though and nice little easter eggs with Maul artifacts.

6. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Gave it a 7. Was entertaining but redundant as it was too similar to "Holocrons of Fate". They should've timed it better for Halloween imo or made Holocrons and Visions part 1 and part 2. Unfortunately once again, not enough Maul and warrior Maul . Maul the Charon-like character has sailed . More Maul, less annoying Ezra and plebs for the future.[face_skull]

Canyon D likes this.
  7. Vana

Vana Jedi Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I gave it a 7, too.

Some scenes seemed almost cut or rushed, and the end as well... but in general, it was ok, at least no "Imperial bashing" in this one, it's good to see the rebels fight and hurt each other for once.

8. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    I freakin' loved this episode. 9/10 from me.

+OH YEAH! SABINE HAS THE DARKSABER! And to think Ezra and Kanan were just gonna leave it there...
    +Maul!
    +Callbacks!
    +Bendu!
    +Damn the scenery in this episode was goooood. The quality has really improved since season one.
    +Kanan stepping out of that green magic stuff was badass.
    +/-Sabine crawling around like a spider...don't know if that's funny or terrifying.
    -Maaaaybe the whole "omahgawd Kanan and Sabine are possessed" thing was resolved too quickly.
    -This is another story that really could've benefitted from a two-part sequence.

V-2 and Pretendalorian like this.
  9. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    10/10. Loved it!

10. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    9/10

Really good, with a great mindfreak beginning and an equally freaky fight at the end. And now Ezra knows the key to destroying the Sith lies on a desert planet with twin suns. [face_mischief]

11. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    10/10.

Awesome episode! Sam Witwer continues to be mesmerizing as Maul and gives the character so much development and nuance. Tom Baker of course is great and I was very glad to see Bendu back. Only complaint was that the episode was too short. Otherwise, it was great.

Maul having a painting of Satine is creepy. I was just thinking that Satine is Sabine's niece. That should be interesting if she ever makes Tatooine.

Speaking of which, I'm very excited that all roles lead to Obi-Wan. I hope Obi-Wan gets the kill of Maul that he deserves.

12. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well, there is no relationship between Sabine and Satine, certainly not Kenobi. That mural was in the throne room back on Sundari. Just strange he lifted it from there or when exactly and transported to Dathomir. Maul being a hunter and warrior, its a form of demonstration of dominance over the deceased and reminder of his past glory and triumphs,. Also such souvenirs are to prove ones success in battle . Possibly something more mystical as well since he's a Sith/Witch himself. Am sure a certain deranged factor involved since Maul is a Dark Sider and it looks like he slashed the eyes and neck in a fit of range or to mark his kill and triumph. Or maybe he regrets killing her for some reason.

13. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    This should have been definitely a two parter. I truly like this episode and maybe its me, but everything that has the force and old magiks in it I seam to like a lot. I can't wait for the second half of season 3. You know, that if they follow the same format as TCW, the second half od season 3 should be really really good.

Darth Pipes likes this.
  14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I think the episode along with Holocrons felt more like an old TCW episode rather than typical Rebels, or bringing back fond memories and feelings.

Ezra is always agitated & angry, like he knows of no other way to make himself a man and seem more mature than he is. He seems more Sith-like in aspirations than Maul who seems so beyond everything and looks to be after something else in the form of "hope".

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    ******* amazing! 10/10
    Just the right amount of creepy and amazing in the same episode!

16. The Admiral Snackbar

The Admiral Snackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Solid 8/10

-More maul is great for me

- Inappropriate.

-Obi Wan Kenobi baby

17. DavrelKex

DavrelKex Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 18, 2016
    I think it's pretty clear Maul and Kenobi are going to have one final duel, either in the show or in a movie. My guess is it'll be Season 3 finale, or maybe in Season 4.

Sabine finally has the Darksaber! They've been gradually building up her character's relevance, I wonder if she'll become the new Mand'alor, or if she'll simply use her ownership of the Darksaber to influence someone else becoming leader, like Rau.

18. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    How boring and unoriginal is that,duel number 2001. It would alsobe the second time the main cast would take a backseat in there own finale, to outside characters !

Jedi Knight Fett and V-2 like this.
  19. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    Here is my 10, just take it :)

20. Zejo the Jedi

Zejo the Jedi Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 16, 2016
  21. Third Brother

Third Brother Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2016
    9/10 (Nothing's perfect)
    Was really hoping for some Maul and Bendu banter but that didn't. Still a really good episode. Ezra nearly commits murder with his light saber in front of the whole rebellion. Also, through Rebels Recon we find out that all these visions only happened now because Maul was getting closer. And it seems like Maul has finally given up trying to convince Ezra to join him. That 'Brothers' part. Right in feels. Really thought it was wasted potential for Ezra to use some Dark Side powers trying to save Kanan, with Ezra surpassing him, giving us the actual thought that maybe Ezra doesn't need him, creating a rift between the two.

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Gave it an 8/10. Definitely the best one out of the previous five or so episodes. Certainly plenty of revelations. It was nice to see a visit to Dathomir; though I was disappointed that Mother Talzin didn't make even a ghostly appearance. It was cool that Sabine picked up the Darksaber. Does she actually know how to use it?

23. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    8/10
    + The actual visions and voices were cool. A bit rushed, to say the least, but cool.
    + Dathomir. The witches are all dead?*
    +/- Maul... His stories are fun, but bringing him back to life remains a very silly decision.
    +/- Tom Baker... He's all kinds of awesome but The Bendu is largely superfluous at this point, and Baker's audio quality is a bit crappy. Why does his voice reverberate and distort like that? He's outside with the other characters so this shouldn't really be happening.
    +/- The resolution of 'HE LIVES' was Kenobi after all (I'd hoped it would be Snoke, or Plagueis, or Randy, and that the obvious Obi Wan option was a red herring). Looking forward to meeting up with Kenobi nonetheless.
    - Lightsabre fetishism. The darksabre is not a character and I'm not drawn to weapons or inanimate objects like some fans are. I see significance in duelling in Star Wars, but there was limited significance in this and it just watered it down some more. The location of a particular laser sword isn't one of the most tantalising loose ends from TCW, IMHO.

* When are the Ewok movies set in relation to this, are they still canon, and is the witch character still officially a Nightsister?

24. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016
    No, not yet. but FPJ said in an interview a couple months ago that Kanan will be training her to use it.

25. DavrelKex

Aug 18, 2016
    It's literally the key to uniting the Mandalorian warrior clans. I'd say that's pretty significant.