main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode - 322 "Wookiee Hunt"

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Gry Sarth, Apr 7, 2011.

?

Grade the Episode - 322 "Wookiee Hunt"

Poll closed Apr 7, 2011.
  1. 10

16.7%
  2. 9

50.0%
  3. 8

11.1%
  4. 7

11.1%
  5. 6

8.3%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

2.8%
  1. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    On a scale from 1 to 10, what score do you give this episode?

Please note this is NOT the episode discussion thread, so please limit the discussion to the grades and overall evaluation of the episode.

Grade average (37 votes): 8.37

2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Gave this one an 8. Nice to see Chewbacca actually, and he was pretty cool. I don't think he should have struggled as much as he did against the Trabsdoshans in hand to hand combat, but that aside it was pretty cool. also nice to see it wasn't Ahsoka doing everything that got them rescued, it was a team effort.

3. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    8/10

Chewie, Trandos vs Wookiees, and excelent cinematic feel.

P.S: And once again, someone voted 1 without a reason.

4. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    10 from me. I think it certainly deserves mention that they got the power levels, if not exactly right, then mostly right, something that can be hard to debate in the realm of Jedi. Padawans are swift, nimble, and have the Force, but Trandoshans have incredible strength and tenacity.

Great resolution, and it does Chewie a lot of justice in how it portrays him. :D

5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    9. A very strong episode to somewhat redeem an otherwise fluctuating season. Chewbacca was about as perfect and true to the OT as possible, he actually served a purpose unlike an unnecessary cameo in ROTS. Like koonfan said, power levels were nicely balanced, the Padawans really had to outsmart the Trandos or 'fight fire with fire' to beat them. Return of Sugi was nice touch at the end (yes I know that sounds hypocritical after what I just wrote about Chewie but she needed some more screen time), as was finally seeing the Halo in action. And the ending was a nice way to show how much Ahsoka has matured and their relationship has developed.

At any rate, better than last season's finale.:p

6. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    9 (sorry, pretty busy)

7. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    Gave it a 9. This arc is one of the strongest in the series.

It almost has to be one of the LACWAC regulars... when the poll goes up it never takes long before someone votes 1 without saying why.

Then again, it could be a lurker. But why lurk on these boards when you hate the series?

Or perhaps it's someone who doesn't necessarily hate the series, but just likes to troll.

8. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Maybe a 6, yeah that sounds about right.

Seems to me someone voted 10 without an explanation as well(not Koonfan).

Seems to be a double standard to require explanations from people who vote 1, but not from people who vote 10.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Maybe because 10's tend to get explained by those who voted. Not the case with this.

Besides, I have more curiosity to hear the person who voted 1, than the one who voted 10.

10. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Rob, it's more a question of context.

When everyone is giving low grades, and someone votes a 10 (which has happened), we are wondering about that too.

11. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Exactly. It's the completely disparate, unexplained grades that get questioned.

Unclaimed 10s on polls like Corruption got the same kind of reaction.

12. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    I know my ratings are confusing :D this time i gave full 10 while i previously gave 9 to this in some thread:p I just rewatched it- great stuff and Wasskah is so beautifully done i gave full ten to both.... for some reason i felt generous today[face_laugh]

13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    9.5/10.

The first time the season finale has left me totally impressed. Hostage Crisis was undermined by the Ryloth Trilogy. The Boba Trilogy died at R2 Come Home (I enjoyed it - it just wasn't finale material).

This one however, Wookiees! There needs to be a Yoda and Wookiees episode, there HAS to be.

14. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    9/10

Chewbacca surpassed my expectations with how cool and interestings his scenes were.

The team of Wookiees was awesome, especially the inclusion of Tarfful.

The Ahsoka vs. Trandoshan was really cool and not over the top.

15. Executor_of_Order66

Executor_of_Order66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2009
    I gave it a 9/10

animation was great
    story was good/felt like star wars

favorite moment when the wookies showed up with classic john williams music. Just when I was about to give up on the series, Dave saved it with these last two episodes.

16. fistofan1

fistofan1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2009
    I gave it a 9/10. Another great story and probably the best animation I've ever seen in an animated show, especially the starship crash. Although he was a little underused compared to the hype Chewie was handled excellently. Unlike Greedo he felt like he naturally fit perfectly in the story, especially with the Trandoshans.

I had to take a point off, however, because the hand-to-hand fighting got old. By the end of the episode I was sick and tired of Ahsoka nudging a blaster to fire in the wrong direction. Also, Jinks and O Mer still were not given much time to develop personalities.

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    10/10

Highly entertaining.

18. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    I just don't see why anything should get questioned in this thread. There is no requirement that someone explain themsleves, and sorry Humble, I don't think there's a huge conspiracy theory by a lurker or troll.

Either you guys or I need to get past this. Either we're questioning each others scores or accepting them. Your choice.

19. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Oh, don't worry. I was just thinking and wondering out loud there. It's not like I'll lose any sleep over some weird grades in the poll. It just puzzles me that it seems to happen consistently. Whatever it is, it's no big deal.

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Guys, CT just gave a 10/10. ;)

I gave it 9/10, and the only point docked is because I was getting pretty tired of all the awkward hand-to-hand combat by the end, otherwise it was fantastic, definitely the best season finale.

21. Humble_Jedi

Oct 14, 2004
    Agreed, best finale so far. Hand-to-hand thing is minor complaint for me as well, still... a grand episode.

Whoa, CT giving out two 10s in a row! Drinks on the house! [face_laugh]

22. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Would be fun to know who is that mysterious person who always always puts that 1 there- it's in all polls[face_laugh]
    Someone who passionately hates the entire show but still bothers to participate in every episode poll[face_laugh] .....i sense quite a contradiction there.... whoever it is i can frankly say i don't understand him/her:p ......

23. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Just bumping in case someone missed this.

24. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    An easy perfect 10.
    The Wookies were the payoff for this episode and the finale.

25. vader2001

vader2001 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2011
    I have really enjoyed this season and this episode!