main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Grade the Episode 4.11: "DUME" (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 20, 2018.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Feb 27, 2018.
  1. 10

21.6%
  2. 9

21.6%
  3. 8

37.3%
  4. 7

11.8%
  5. 6

5.9%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

2.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]
    Have you watched "DUME" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They should have killed Ruhk

9/10

Darth Wookiee likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    8/10

Another very good episode. It could've just as well been called "Reflections"; because that's what it was about for the most part.

4. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    ^ that, and the cryptic wolf **** has dragged on way too long. Everything else was well done. 8/10

Darth Wookiee and Snafu55 like this.
  5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    No, they shouldn't have. Remember when Mon Mothma argued with Saw Gerrera about how the Rebellion needs to avoid stooping to the Empire's level? Remember when Sabine refused outright to kill Gar Saxon after besting him in a duel?

Killing Ruhk invalidates all of that.

Anyway, I gave this episode 10/10. Great to see how the rest of the crew decides to deal with grief, and they all come out of it with clarity of purpose.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    Lord Tuvitor likes this.
  6. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Obviously a breather to let us settle after last episodes emotional roller coaster. But it was well done, and shows how each member of the Ghost crew mourns in a different way.
    Lothwolves were trippy as always, and I don't much care for the implication that Kanan 'is' the wolf. But it's not verified yet so I won't hold it against this episode.
    8/10

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  7. BadAcrobat

BadAcrobat Jedi Master star 4

Apr 20, 2015
    9/10

Great, but not quite as good as the previous episode.

8. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I've honestly forgotten what happened in this episode.

9. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Then go and watch it again, so you remember.

10/10 for me.

10. La Calavera

La Calavera Force Ghost star 4

Sep 2, 2015
    8/10
    I really liked the aftermath of Kanan's death and the Force visions of Ezra with the wolves, though I also felt that the latter went a bit for too long. I also agree that they shouldn't have let Rukh go, although I enjoyed his portrayal here very much (as well as Zeb's and Sabine's portrayal).

11. Roosterq

Roosterq Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 6, 2017
    8/10

Top notch episode, but I was expecting Ezra to be just a little more mature by the second half of the final season. I think he needed to have a little more enlightenment from the visions/encounters with the Wolves. He is still too childish to be the top force user in the show. Maybe he transforms in the next episode or so. I know I'm nit picking with this critique, but after the huge win that "Jedi Knight" was, I felt the need to explain the lower grade for this one. It was really a great episode though.

12. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Good episode, just not up to the level of Jedi Night. Nice breather though and lays the foundations for the ending to come.

13. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Needed episode that showed Ghost crews reactions to Kanan's dead, however Zeb and Sabine should have killed Rukh in my opinion. Or at least captured him.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    A big giant wolf giving cliche advice is just urgh [face_bleh]

15. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Not as great as the last one but as an epilogue and sort of a 'breather' episode is was still very good; I liked how they handled showing the gang after Kanan's death and how they all dealt with it, Sabine and Zeb by going to mess things up for the Empire & both Hera and Ezra heading off to grieve on their own (however, while I understand the sadness and despair, I feel that they shouldn't have left Ryder and the other Rebels hanging; implying everything's over because of one death in the strugge against a big evil, important to you as the person might've been, when so many Rebels are counting on you felt a little irresponsible).

The subplot of Zeb and Sabine seeing Rukh and leading him into an ambush was good (I liked the fight and how Rukh used a personal cloaking device; sending him back spraypainted was a little silly but it worked and was an amusing way of sending a message to the Imperials), Ezra meeting the Loth wolves that gives him hope and a clue of what to do now was good and interesting (though it was a bit too long and unnecessarily cryptical with the wolves acting threatening) & Hera finding her way back with some help from Chopper was nice.

Another thing I liked (which I didn't mention in my review of the last one) was the subplot with Thrawn and Pryce, whom he has left in command. Really liked the scene of him scolding her for being so careless and clumsy in her attempt at stopping the Ghost crew (and also giving the Rebels a big victory by doing so, which was noted by the Rebels gang), promising to punish her and essentially putting all his trust in Rukh to deal with the Rebels.

Overall, it was another solid, all around good episode despite not reaching up to the quality of the previous entry.

8/10

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  16. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Your example ignores the fact that Tristan Wren was trying to take the defeated Saxon captive. And when he was too slow to get him, Ursa Wren had to shoot him. Saxon did die, Sabine was just lucky enough keep her hands clean.

Sabine and Zeb should at least have taken Rukh captive.

17. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    to misquote Mace Windu, he's too dangerous to be kept , alive.
    kill'm or send him back with a message.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019