main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC GS Picnic: June 5, Mutt's house; RSVP by May 28th!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    SUV - hey, start driving!!! You'll be here in plenty of time.

2. Wolfdog

Wolfdog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 18, 2004
    I can take one or two if they're interested. But I probably won't leave until around 4.

3. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Yes Bruce I am bringing my armor for a bit of show and tell. And I do plan to bring the sabers, but I won't be wearing the armor for very long at all as it is very hot.

Yep, I could use an SUV right now. I would just settle for a break from driving for that matter. :(

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    Just a reminder, this thing starts around 2pm. :D

5. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    I have sent out directions to my house to numerous people. If I have missed someone and you are planning to attend the BBQ, you really need to PM me or e-mail me ASAP!!!!

6. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Wendy and/or Jeff, to date I have heard nothing from the Collector's club about any intentions of coming to the picnic. Still it was important that we extended the invitation. But at this point I do not expect to see any of them there.

I was planning on bringing BBQ but if you guys need hamburgers or hot dogs instead I can change that, just let me know before I buy the roast. If I bring BBQ is there any preference in meat? The Christmas party 02 BBQ was pork. The Christmas party 03 was beef I can make either or chicken depending on people's preferences.

7. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I think BBQ pork sounds good to me Roger. :D

At this point, if the collector's club wanted to go, and they never got intouch with me neither, they would have to bring tables and chairs since I secured just enough to take care of those who already RSVP'd.

At this point, I have had about 30 people RSVP, please keep that in mind when buying what you need to bring along.

Also, on Friday and Saturday, Jeff and I will not be online, so if you have any questions at that point, you better call us. :)

8. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Darth_Stalker: I've got the burgers covered, but if no one's bringing hot dogs yet, someone ought to. ;)

9. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Gotcha, I'll have to find a pig that needs killin'. ;)

Jack_T_Chance, Good I'm glad someone has the burgers covered and I'm hoping that someone brings the weiners just for some variety.

10. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    I'd be happy to bring hot dogs if that's what we're lacking at this point. Or if you'd prefer, I could bring sausages instead to spice things up a bit. Let me know what everyone's preference is. Or heck, I could bring both!

11. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Bruce, either or a combination would be great. Granted their are some near vegetarians in the group but between me and the original Ken we put away lots of meat and there is a large number of meat fans here. I personally can't watch Animal Planet without getting hungry.

12. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    "I love to go out in the woods...and have a meat sandwich." Sorry, that line always cracked me up and seemed kind of appropriate here.

Velvetdragon
    aka Chrissy

13. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    I personally can't watch Animal Planet without getting hungry.

[face_laugh] Yeah, I have the same problem at the butcher's shop. My teeth ache for the need to chew on something meatish while there.

Pork or beef is fine by me for your BBQ, Roger.

14. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Yep, I too am a carnivore I must admit. It's funny 'cause I adore animals and I contribute regularly to the Humane Society and various other animal rights groups. I feel kind of hypocritical, but I can't help it. I LOVE MEAT!!! What can I say, I'm an addict.

For the veggie lovers in the group, I can pick up some of those veggie dogs or a similar facsimile thereof.

15. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Mmmmmmm... meat, you just can't beat it.

16. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, you can... but that's a whole different matter.

17. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Hmm, can we please *not* go there? :D

I love animals too, but I also have a need for beef in the form of steak or hamburger quite often.

18. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Go where? ;)

19. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I too am a proud member of the top of the food chain club. Go carnivores!!!

20. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables! [face_laugh]

And Bruce, I'll put in my vote for some quality all-beef franks. Ball Park, Oscar Mayer, or some other well-known, quality brand will usually get the job done. ;)

21. Vaders_Kid

Mar 8, 2002
    Ball Park it is!

By the way, don't they "plump" when you cook 'em?

22. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'll eat a hot dog or two. :)

not really a hamburger fan these days.

23. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Two weanies for Liz :eek: Oh wait, Valerie probably doesn't want me to go there either :(

24. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    *I* don't want you to go there. :p

25. Darth_Stalker

Sep 14, 2002
    Oh so now I'm supposed to worry about your opinion too? What happened to "Freedom of Speech" [face_flag]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.