main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Njfritz

Njfritz Jedi Master star 3

Oct 2, 2014

To be fair, Star Wars isn't a comic book film and that's where you see that most of the time ;)

2. JediStargazer

JediStargazer Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2014
    Has the new pic of Gwendoline been emailed out yet from vanity fair? I think it was supposed to happen for those who signed up for the email list at 4:00

3. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    I'm actually surprised she's not in heels.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    There wasn't another pic, apparently. The one of Gwendoline from yesterday was supposed to be it, but people got a hold of it early. So another pic of Lupita on set and a short JJ interview were provided today instead.

5. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    Over-obvious boob armor is one thing, but you're ignorant if you believe women and men can be comfortable in the exact same kind of outfits.

Actually I think the chrometrooper armor has a female touch to it. As you can see here, the breast plate is pushing out a bit more than on regular stormtroopers.

[​IMG]

6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    a cheesy old b-movie name.... IN STAR WARS? no way......

7. Miffy

Miffy Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2015
    I'm obviously not the only one a little thrown by the name ;D

8. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    At the end of the day there is the biological reality of a woman's armour needing to be comfortable to wear. Ironically we have both extremes in GOT with Brienne wearing pretty standard armour (Brienne in the books is relatively flat-chested), and Yara Greyjoy wearing 'boob armour'. It isn't a massive deal in my book, but I do think if Gwendoline can be comfortably accommodated then Gemma Whelan (Yara) could have been as well in a similar way. Be that as it may...

I'm just finally glad that the distinctly odd 'Gwendoline is Kylo Ren' theories can finally be put to rest. ;)

Dak Oolron likes this.
  9. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    phasma is like phantasm which mean ghost or spirit and if she can cloak it makes even more sense because she'll be invisible like a ghost.

Rodie likes this.
  10. Miffy

Miffy Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 29, 2015
    Yes I'm well aware of the intended sound of the name. Still sounds silly to me.

Like "Han Solo" sounds silly too when you've never seen the movies, and I'm well aware of that.

11. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    It's a silly name, but we'll all get used to it eventually. Just like Dooku or whatever.

12. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    I like the name. Very B-movie-ish which is great for Star Wars.

13. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    It makes me think of a tacky magician or something.. but yeah, SW has its share of campy names.

14. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    The irony about "boob cups" in armor is that historically most armor was pretty boob friendly anyway -- especially plated armor which generally had a rounded shape to it. Granted Stormtrooper armor is on the sleek side, so it's not implausible to me that some women would benefit from added space. IMO it's hard to say how Christie's armor looks because in the Vanity Fair photo it doesn't look like there's extra boob space added on.

CairnsTony and KenW like this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  16. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    but that is not what the chrome trooper looks like in the final product, "The Movie" that is simply the concept art.

17. Rookhelm

Sep 22, 2014
    Gwyn Christie is fairly flat chested, so her armor doesn't "need" chest room all that much.

Also, I'm super psyched about this character. I hope she has a big role.

18. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    was "Captain Phasma" as the characters name confirmed in the Vanity Fair article or are we just going on spoilers of her name?

19. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Gemma and TX-20 like this.
  20. Rookhelm

Sep 22, 2014

real name

[​IMG]

21. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    thanks my friend, that Is cool, I made the photo my Desktop Wallpaper !!!!!!!!!!

22. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Do you think we will see Captain Phasma unmasked in TFA? My gut tells me no, but if she survives this film, maybe later in the series, especially if she dies, then perhaps her helmet is broken or ripped off and we see her face.

23. sterling3763

sterling3763 Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    According to MSW, after the raid on Jakku, Finn's "Superior wants to see him." That could be Kylo Ren or the General (Gleeson), but I doubt they'd bother with him at this point because he's just one stormtrooper among many. My guess is that Phasma is his direct superior. There's really no reason to keep her helmet on once they have returned from the field. I bet we see her face then.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  24. DarthInsidiousMongo

DarthInsidiousMongo Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2015
    I am starting to relate Phasma as more of a Thrawn-like character in this..

It is sounding great so far!

25. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Captain Phasma: "I have crossed both time and space to find my quarry. Now then, have you seen Sansa Stark?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.