main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico HALLOWEEN PARTY 2004

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Darth_Valle, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Valle

Darth_Valle Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    We wanted to let you guys know that the Halloween party for this year is going to be themed.
    The theme for this year is MEDIEVAL.
    This includes, historic, fantasy, movie, etc.
    The reason we are posting this so soon is to give you time to get your costumes.
    We're still not sure where the party will be held, so more details will be posted as we know them.
    Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

2. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Will there be medieval chicks in high towers waiting for their prince to rescue them?

Will there be a crazy guy standing around yelling "the eeeeennnnnddd issssss cominnggggggggg"?

3. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

TUMBARK_WOOKIE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    YESSSSS! ITS ABOUT TIME THEY POSTED SOMETHING WORTH WHILE!!! COUNT THE WOOKIEE IN!!!!!!!! BARBARIAN STYLE! LAY SIEGE!!!

4. Jan_Solo

Jan_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Just to let you know, wherever the party might be held at, there will be two guards at the entrance. And when you talk to either one, they will say "Welcome to <place_name>!". Don't bother talking to them anymore, though, because they will keep saying "Welcome to <place_name>!"

Sorry, but right now it is waaay to early in the morning. ;)

5. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Desde hoy les digo que no voy a poder ir...

El cierre de campaña es ese mismo día.

6. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Luis, porque no nos dijistes desde un principio que tenias ese tipo de poderes??

De haber sabido que podias predecir fechas...

7. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Rafa, recuerda que a Luis le estan ensenando la practica politica del "No prematuro" (si no estas seguro de algo, simplemente di que no). :p

8. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Jajaja, es que pense que el party era el 31 mismo.

Ese dia es el cierre.

9. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    El 31 de octubre cae domingo, asi que me imagino que la fiesta probablemente sea el sabado 30. [face_peace]

10. Darth_Valle

Oct 29, 2002
    Indeed!
    The Party's exact date is not yet set in stone, but we all mostly agree Saturday 30th is the best date so far.
    We have, however, agreed on the location for the party.
    Jan Solo has graciously accepted to host the Halloween Party this year.
    Now, a bit of clarification:
    By a Medieval Theme, we mean:

-Historical: Knights, peasants, Samurais, Ninjas, Troubadours, Mages, Sages, Scribans, Legionaries, Centurions, Executiones, Beggars, Vikings, Barbarians, Maids, Ladies and Lords.
    -Fantasy: Lord of the Rings (Hobbits, Rangers, Elves, Dwarves, Orcs, Wizards, etc.) or any other movies with that old-world feel. Dungeons and Dragons and other RPG realms.

There will be a small cost for the party, that will cover food and drinks (alcoholic and non-alcoholic).
    We are aiming for a cost not higher than $5 per person, but we'll let you know on time.
    We'll have contests of dexterity.
    There will also be other activities that we think will be a lot of fun. We are planning to have a "town square" complete with a surprise for those that do not behave!
    If anybody has trouble with finding a disguise, let me know on time. We still have all the clothing from the Lord of the Buttons project that we can lend out.
    It would be wise to start making a list of the people that will attend!

11. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    There is no doubt I'll be there!

12. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Jaime, stop it before you give too much away! :eek: Indeed, this will be a party like none before, with several surprises for the guests. Like the Wookiee says, it would be unwise to miss it. ;)

More details coming soon!

13. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    Hear ye, hear ye!

The HALLOWEEN party that is being conjoured up by the likes of us is intended solely and specifically for FUN. Friends hanging out with friends. The theme remains MEDIEVAL, improvise upon this.......YET those that wish to bring their own customes are welcomed with the condition that they shall face time in the suffering zone.

FUN, ADVENTURE, A TIME WITH FRIENDS, A BREAK FROM THE ROUTINE, HIGH GLORY, GREAT MEMORIES, THE TIME IS NOW! GRAB YOUR SWORD and JOIN US!

And those that don't want to go: "THEN TO HELL WITH YOU!!!!!"

14. Darth_Valle

Oct 29, 2002
    You have my axe! Err... I mean, yeah, I agree 100% with your post!

15. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    Apparently there has been some confusion about the medieval costumes issue. This is what the town guard had to say about it:

"Thou withoust Medieval costumes shall be allowed,
    but a good flogging on thou will be bestowed."

:p

16. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    I think the theme should be secondary. The idea is to have a blast with your friends. That's why I agree with what Tumba said.

As long as it's not completely mandatory to assist in medieval attire, I shall go and receive a bad can o' whoppass.

17. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    Gather around all of you that would listen!

For a moment in history time will revert itself to a world of wonder and magick. A world where Heroes where adored and Villains where feared.

Imagine walking thru a gateway with your lady by your arm and hearing your name be announced thru the halls. From inside you hear a great uproar and cheer as you walk inside. There to greet you are magnificient, proud and joyful warriors! Brave, Loyal, Honest and most importantly Friends. As you take the first steps inside the sound of ancient instruments infuse the surrounding as dim torch light trace silouttes around. The smell of meat and wine tingle your senses as your lady hugs your arm joyfully. A strong pat on your shoulder is felt as a strong armored clad warrior salutes you. "Wonderful to See you here!" A pint of Ale is offered and you can feel its cold fizzle near your lips. The Lord and Lady of the House bow to greet you and show you where the feast is to be held. Beautiful ladies dance and celebrate as they smile at you. Life could not be better............

Drop your books and old life. For tonight you are great, you are admired, you are revered, you are amongst friends. Jousting, feasting, dancing, drinking and much much more.....

Join us if you may on the day that time remembers time and Friends are just Friends.

Unnoficial Halloween party. The memory will live forever!

18. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    =D=

Couldn't have said it better myself.

19. MegaJediRafa

Feb 1, 2002
    Damn, that almost convinced me to revert to my medieval costume idea...

20. Roman

Roman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    The "suffering zone"? :(

21. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    So the List Begins:
    1. Tumbark the Barbarian Warlord and his Lady Stephanie of the Ferrans. Plus 2 noble Warriors and two other wenches. total : 6 people (more on the way)

22. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    I guess you will have to go to find out!

NOW WHAT HAVE YOU?

23. Jan_Solo

Apr 26, 2002
    1. Tumbark the Barbarian Warlord and his Lady Stephanie of the Ferrans. Plus 2 noble Warriors and two other wenches. total : 6 people (more on the way)
    2. Jancelot the Daimyo and his Lady Dafne. Plus Dead Pete and Sheila, Dark Guimo, and Pancho the guard dog. Total: 5 people and 1 pet.

11 people so far. Cool!

24. Darth_Valle

Oct 29, 2002
    2. Jancelot the Daimyo and his Lady Dafne. Plus Dead Pete and Sheila, Dark Guimo, and Pancho the guard dog. Total: 5 people and 1 pet.
    3. Jaimendell the Red and Lady Carwen of the Felines. Plus Priestess Dede of the Holy Church of Father Ted.
    Total: 3 people.

14 people so far.

25. TUMBARK_WOOKIE

Jul 1, 2002
    3. Jaimendell the Red and Lady Carwen of the Felines. Plus Priestess Dede of the Holy Church of Father Ted.
    Total: 3 people.
    4. Also Gilda of the Shire and I believe Sir Albertus knight of the Cabo Rohan. +2

total: 16 people!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.