main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Halloween party suggestions

Discussion in 'Archive: Idaho Falls, ID' started by nordicgal, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordicgal

nordicgal Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hey all,

At last night's meeting we discussed our Halloween party, so I am posting here to get ideas from you about what we should do.

As far as where we will have the party.....next week I will call the library to see if we can reserve the large room. If that falls through, Alan and I have offered our place as a backup location.

Since Halloween is on a Sunday, and since some parents in the group may want to spend the evening with their kids, we suggested that the party be held on Friday the 29th or Saturday the 30th. A definite date will be set once we know more about the room at the library.

Any ideas for the party? Post here!!

2. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    Most of Halloween in general will be held on the 30th, so we better not have the party then if we do not want to interfere with the kids.

Some club activites suggest themselves, to build on the momentum of the DVD release::::

Boo at the Zoo: Will likely be held Saturday Afternoon. Go there en masse and pass out flyers for the group.

And the perennial Trick or Treat at the Mall.

3. Ariadnae1

Ariadnae1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2003
    Sounds good to me. Did we find out about a room yet laura??

4. BithLord42

BithLord42 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    Barry said: Boo at the Zoo: Will likely be held Saturday Afternoon. Go there en masse and pass out flyers for the group.

And the perennial Trick or Treat at the Mall.

Count me in on those things!!!!

5. RABIDJAWA

RABIDJAWA Jedi Youngling star 2

May 20, 2002
    What about a monster movie marathon and home-made pizza?

6. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Are you gonna make pizza for us Adam? Homemade pizza would be cool, but how are we gonna cook it? The monster movie marathon sounds good too!

Should we dress up for the party? Or only if we do the mall and zoo thing?

7. BithLord42

Apr 18, 2003
    I've got that new Frankenstein Collection! And Young Frankenstein too!

8. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    We should dress up before, after and during the party. Halloween isnt Halloween without raw costuming pleasure.

9. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    I called Isoke at the library today, and here's what she said about the large room:

On Friday, October 29, the large room is available all day. The large room is available on Saturday, October 30, until 6:00 in the evening. The cost of the room for us would be $25.

So, if we want the room for Friday evening, I should call her early next week.

The big question is: do we want to hold the party at the library, or at Alan's and my house?

Post here with your "vote." We need to make a decision by early next week.

10. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    [face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin] [face_pumpkin]

Sorry!! Couldn't resist!!

11. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    The libaray would give a lot of room, but it's just so darned impersonal and un-festive.

12. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    Man, I hate to admitt that Adam is right, but he is. The library is big enough for us, but kind of bland. Does anyone else have an idea for us??

If I was rich and famous, like I want to be, I would have an awesome building built for us that would be so cool, no one would ever want to leave. I would have to kick you out though, when you got on my nerves. Just kidding. Well, now that I am awake, and realize I just work in a pharmacy, I realize how un-rich and un-famous I am.

Sorry dudes!!

13. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    No, I wouldn't make the pizza all by myself, because it's been years since I did it. So you'd all have to help out so that we get it right.

14. DurfNader

DurfNader Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2004
    I'M ALL FOR DRESSING UP IN COSTUME-- IT WOULD BE FUN IF WE WENT TO THE ZOO OR THE MALL OR EVEN HAD A MINI CARNIVAL FOR KIDS. HOMEMADE PIZZA SOUNDS GOOD, WE COULD EVEN MAKE OUR OWN MINI PIZZA'S IF WE ARE LIMITED ON SPACE.
    MOVIES: THE FOG, ELVIRA,FRANKENSTEIN, DRACULA MOVIES, THE MUMMY OLD AND NEW I HAVE.

15. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Sorry this has taken me a week to post.....

I decided not to reserve the room at the library for our Halloween party, since the responses on this thread were luke-warm at best about having the party there.

Our house is still available, but we could always have it somewhere else as well. (That way I won't have to clean up!!) Whatever you guys want is fine with me.

Keep posting!

16. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Can we start a bonfire and tell ghost stories? Or maybe fill a pumpkin full of explosives and blow it up? Or go ghost hunting in local cemeteries?

17. Ariadnae1

Apr 15, 2003
    That sounds like fun. Where can we have a bonfire? Is that something that they allow at the Sand Dunes??

Great idea Adam.

18. BithLord42

Apr 18, 2003
    Can we fill pumpkins with explosives and fling them at Spider-man from our Bat-gliders?!

19. RABIDJAWA

May 20, 2002
    Yeah, while you're doing that, I'll put the moves on Black Cat!

20. nordicgal

Mar 12, 2002
    Our house is still available, if we can't think of anything else.

We could watch movies in our basement and enjoy snacks. We could even light a fire in our stove. It wouldn't be like a bonfire, but at least we could have some flames. (Sorry - I draw the line at explosives!! ;))

Perhaps everyone could bring a jack-o-lantern to enhance the spooky ambiance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.