main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia fans unite!!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jewlmc, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    LOL, Sologal!! :) Trust me, I remember that particular reference very well. :)

2. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Someone better tell me what this reference is, or at least what page it's on so I can go out and skim the book.. LMAO...

3. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Puggy, that reference is out of the Planet of Twilight after Han learns that Leia has disappeared. I don't remember exactly how it goes, but I think he's having a conversation with Mon Mothma in the study of the vacation home they're renting and looks down at a white fur rug and remembers having made love to Leia on that rug the night before she left on her secret mission. It really wasn't much, just one line if I remember correctly, and nothing more then a random thought going through Han's head. Still, it was nice to get such a reference in the mostly chaste SW universe.

4. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Mmmmm.....white rug. Sex. Han Solo. Destroyed home planet or not, some women get all the breaks.

5. darkladyhannasolo

darkladyhannasolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2002
    I agree with ya Yank.. Leia is one lucky lady.

6. harraps

harraps Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2002
  7. harraps

harraps Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2002
  8. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    Up...and I think everyone agrees: Leia is a lucky dame. :)

-Bjork.

9. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    Amen to that.

10. recklessabandon

Sep 20, 2002
    Have you guys heard about the Star Wars Radio Drama on NobbyRadio? It stars tommorow at 10pm eastern. I hope they do Empire and Return of the Jedi too.

Here's the link: www.live365.com

11. darkladyhannasolo

Jun 25, 2002
    No..But thanks for the link. I plan to be listening. :D

12. recklessabandon

Sep 20, 2002
    The Hyperdive is broken! I'm going to up this thread.

13. Bjork

Bjork Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 21, 2002
    Up. :)

-Bjork.

14. Undomiel

Undomiel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2002
    Gads, I'm in agreement. There's not a scene between those two that isn't wonderful in one way or another.

"When you came in here, didn't you have a plan for getting out?"

The look on his face was priceless. And it just kept getting better. When ESB came out, I thought I'd died and went to celluoid heaven.

"What are you afraid of?"
    "I'm not afraid."
    "You're trembling."
    "I happen to like nice men."

The sexual tension was so thick in that scene, you could feel the entire theater holding its collective breath, just waiting for him to kiss her. Then the scene at the Carbon Freezing Chamber was probably one of the most memorable (for me) in cinematic history. Followed shortly thereafter by Leia's daring rescue of him from Jabba's Palace. Sigh, those were the days. Thanks for the memories, GL.

15. recklessabandon

Sep 20, 2002
  16. Catriona

Catriona Jedi Youngling

Oct 22, 2002
    www.hanandleia.com is down. Sniff.Need...Han and Leia...fanfic...

Cat

17. recklessabandon

Sep 20, 2002
    Why is it down? I haven't read any good fanfics in a VERY long time. :mad: :mad: :mad:

18. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I was looking up the meaning of my name earlier (VERY true for me!), and then I decided to look up the names of my friends... Then, the names of Star Wars characters, just because, you know, they're movie characters--Would it be true for them, too?

Personally, I'm a tad scared at the accuracy! Here are Han and Leia's, which were DEAD RINGERS, if you ask me! Luke's wasn't that true, so that's what I put up Han/Leia on here :D

Han: Your first name of Han has given you a quick, analytical mind. You are creative, versatile, and imaginative. However, independence, positivity (Puggy's note: maybe not so much positivity) and the urge for action and progress are such strong forces in your nature that you find it difficult to control them. You feel happy as long as headway is being made, but as soon as you are obstructed or your individuality and freedom of action are restricted, you experience an intense nervous reaction. Moods of depression can result during which you become caustic and belligerent in your attitude toward everyone, especially to those in closest association with you. Routine, monotony, and the responsibility of looking after details can have a similar effect on you, as you are a person who desires change, travel, and new experiences. In order to gain greater congeniality in your personal associations, you need to cultivate a more relaxed manner, greater generosity, understanding, and tolerance, and, above all, you need to avoid being too outspoken (*cracks up*) and self-opinionated. The influence of this name can be very destructive to your health and personal happiness, even though it may take you far in business. You frequently experience nervous tension in the solar plexus. A sensitive stomach and ulcers could result. Also, ailments could centre in the head affecting the eyes, ears, nose, throat, or teeth.

Leia: Your name of Leia makes you very idealistic and generous, with the strong desire to uplift humanity leading you into situations where you can express your desire to serve others. You want to assume responsibilities and to look after people; however, you can become too involved in other people's problems and tend to worry. Your name gives you a natural desire to express along artistic and musical lines. You desire a settled home and family life, and are expressive and attentive to your loved ones. You must be careful not to become possessive and jealous of those close to you, however, as you could attract losses and unfortunate experiences. If you attach an ideal of service to your life, you could find great happiness and could express a very beautiful, happy, responsible, artistic, and generous nature. The weakness of this name is in worry, which in turn affects the nervous system, creating a tendency to be highly strung or over-sensitive to the thoughts of others.

If you want to know where I got this, it's from: Kabalarians.com

19. darkladyhannasolo

Jun 25, 2002
    That is so cool puggy. You are right that our Han and Leia.

20. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    That's amazing Puggy. Both descriptions are so fitting for those two. I wonder if they used the characters to come up with that analyses.

21. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    Those descriptions are right on, Puggy. I even think the positivity describes Han. :)

22. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    I think the positivity describes Han too. I remember in the ANH novelization there's a passage where Luke is assessing his friendship with Han:

"Solo was cocky, reckless, intolerant, and smug. He was also brave to a fault, instructive, and unfailingly cheery."

You can always rely on Han to crack a joke even in very dire circumstances.

23. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Hey Puggy that's really interesting. I wonder if they had them in mind when they wrote them up? Han and Leia aren't common names...

For all those who want to ask Dark Horse for a Han/Leia wedding/honeymoon comic, or just for more Han/Leia comics period ;) I started a thread here, so go give your support! :)

Han/Leia wedding comic petition

Here's what Jason Hall, who wrote A Wookiee Scorned had to say about a Han/Leia wedding comic:

Han/Leia comics: I'd *love* to work on a Han/Leia comic -- and I think their honeymoon would be a very cool scenario for a fan-pleasing story. Thanks for the vote of support! We'll just have to wait and see what LFL and Dark Horse has planned. If the story this Feb. does well, then perhaps they'll want to do more Han/Leia stuff. But I hope to have another Leia story (with Han in there as well) in Tales sometime down the road...I'll be sure to keep you all posted!

Here's his thread if anyone wants to give him support :)

Jason Hall thread

He'd be my first choice for a writer (until I see what Judd Winick is like..) and the artist for the Valentine's comic (melt melt die) would be my first choice as well :D

Anyway, make sure you all give your support! Registration is relatively quick and easy.

24. recklessabandon

Sep 20, 2002
  25. Sologal

Aug 21, 2000
    I think this needs an up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.