main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Han and Leia in the EU - A Discussion Thread (Life Debt spoilers must be tagged)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by unicorn, Feb 10, 2016.

1. unicorn

unicorn Chosen One star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Ooh what's the name of the comic? Details?

2. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Those of you who already own the "Backstories", could you let me know what is said about the Alderaanian monarchy?

3. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    yes

Han carried a Leia injured worrying about her and holded her hand (he still helped her in the last page)

4. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Jedi Jessy likes this.
  5. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Jedi Jessy likes this.
  6. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Where are people even getting this information? Is there some new canon material I don't know about?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Han_Solo

Han and his family lived separate lives but kept in touch with his wife via hologram. The couple were aware that their son was in Skywalker's care with Leia occasionally asking her husband how Ben and Luke were doing. Han did not regularly keep in touch with his son and Skywalker and would often try to change the topic.

Claire1976 likes this.
  7. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    Wow, that's bad!!! But it's wookiepedia which anyone can edit, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. Sounds to me like someone TOTALLY got the wrong end of the stick after reading Bloodline with the holocalls and Han being away from Leia etc. Probably a Reylo fan wrote that!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

unicorn likes this.
  8. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    Isn't that in Bloodline, though?

9. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Definitely sounds like something a Reylo fan would write, LOL. I think some people got the wrong impression from Bloodline. I kept reading reviews that Han and Leia had a "long distance relationship" - no a long distance relationship is when you have two separate residences and only occasionally come together. Han living in their joint apartment 50% of the year and being away travelling 50% of the time isn't long-distance.

(Just realized, by that criteria me and my partner's relationship is almost long-distance since he's away about 30% of the time on business :p)

EDIT:

LelalMekha, there's really nothing in Bloodline about how often Han communicates with Ben or any sense of what their relationship is like. Just that Leia considers asking Han if he's heard from Luke and Ben, but then decides that that there would no point to asking. I assumed she thought it would be pointless because if she can't reach them with the radiation problems, then neither could Han.

Claire1976 likes this.
  10. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Yeah someone with a bias towards Kylo and his "awful" upbringing and therefore a skewed view of Bloodline must have written that. The kind of people that believe Han was never around. Bloodline mentions that Han was in contact with Ben as well as Leia. And wtf is that line about him changing the subject when Ben is mentioned? Where the hell did that come from?

11. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001

No idea. We also still have no clue what the family arrangement was like before Ben was sent to Luke or when he was sent. Leia makes it sound like Han being gone half the year is something relatively recent.

I also kept reading reviews of Bloodline that Han and Leia decided to live separately because their personalities conflicted too much. There's nowhere in Bloodline that states that, other than people reading waaaay too much into Han making a joke that they would kill each other if they were stuck in the same ship for 3 months.

Claire1976 likes this.
  12. LelalMekha

Oct 29, 2012
    unicorn You're right. Let me fix that!

13. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    I would like to have an account there to edit the article (although my English is not good enough and I'm afraid to write something wrong). You guys can edit it and adicione this Pablo Hidalgo tweet:

"Han's on tour. I don't think they're living apart".

unicorn and Claire1976 like this.
  14. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Yeah, someone here should edit it, I agree Jedi Jessy. And that's a brilliant quote from Pablo, thanks for reminding me of that :)

unicorn likes this.
  15. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    “He’d traveled to Theron to oversee the prestigious piloting championships […] Han Solo was in charge of enforcing the rules. Although he ran his shipping company on the go, he was a far more vigilant, responsible owner than he liked to let on. The life he led these days took him all around the galaxy, but it was a far cry from the dangerous existence of a smuggler.”

“They’d been apart too often in their marriage. Too long. Han’s restlessness had been a large part of that, but he couldn’t take all of the blame. Leia had remained stuck here, mired in the political muck.”

Leia: “‘Still, I imagined living with my husband again. It’s been a while since we were together more than half the year’.”

“Leia let go of all the frustration she felt at Han’s long absences, all the bickering they’d never grown out of.”

If that wasn't the intent, those types of dialogue and exposition should have been axed straight up. But the movie backstory behind-the-scenes could be changing due to Johnson and Trevorrow I suppose.

16. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Han living 50% of the time in their joint residence on Hosnian Prime and 50% away on business isn't a long distance relationship. My partner is away almost that amount of time for business and I don't call our relationship long distance. When he isn't travelling he's at our joint home. Long distance is when each partner has their own separate residence and they only occasionally come together.

Han and Leia were away from each other as often if not more in Legends EU (Leia makes a note that Han and her only slept in the same bed a few nights a month due to their busy schedules) and no one called their marriage long distance.

17. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    All those Bloodline quotes show is that at, least for a time they were apart a fair bit. But saying they actually lived apart and had separate lives is a big jump I think. We still have no idea what the situation was early in the marriage when Ben was small.

Jedi Jessy and unicorn like this.
  18. Jedi Jessy

Feb 28, 2016
    Probably they're busy but like Pablo said, they split up when Ben became a killer. Before it, they're living together.

19. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
  20. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    The extent of this actress's role as Leia is probably nothing more than a very long distance shot of her boarding the Tantive IV, I'll be shocked if it's anything more than that.

Edit : It should be noted that there has been no official announcement on this and the info came from a Reddit user who claims to have worked on the film. So I'd say grain of salt required for now.

Jedi Jessy likes this.
  21. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001
    Yes, though this was a leak that seemed somewhat believable with the detail. I would expect a fake leak would have put a flashier more famous actress in there, not someone who's pretty unknown.

I would guess we might not even see Leia from the front (because the actress has blue eyes), we might just see her from the back with her signature buns and white dress. They say "Special thanks to Carrie Fisher" so they may have used her voice in ANH edited, like they did with Alec Guinness in TFA for a line or two

IF they made a movie between ANH and ESB with the "new" Han and "new" Leia, how would people in this thread feel? Or rebooted the OT?

22. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    Ewan McGregor recorded the lines for TFA.

But yeah, I'm not really expecting to see Leia that clearly. A rear view or distant shot, just enough for us to see it's Leia but not close enough to spot that it isn't Carrie Fisher.

MattOrgana likes this.
  23. MattOrgana

MattOrgana Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2015
    I wonder if the last scene in Rogue One will be Leia hugging Bail and Breha one last time before embarking on the Tantative IV. It'd be heartbreaking, knowing what happens later, but also a nice way to tie Rogue One with ANH.

24. Claire1976

Oct 20, 2013
    I'd definitely go with something like that MattOrgana.

LoveThis, Jedi Jessy and MattOrgana like this.
  25. unicorn

Jan 19, 2001

Alec Guiness' voice was used to say the word "Rey" by using sound editing from his previous lines.

That actress' facial features look similar enough to a young Carrie Fisher's that I could buy her being Leia with the signature buns and white dress in a far off shot. It'd be cool to see a shot of Jyn looking at her in awe.

Also be very cool to see Leia hugging Bail.