main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Han and Leia in the EU: A Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by boushh2187, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger

Ginger Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    Jedi Iganuas,

I'm really sorry about that message. I thought we solved that problem, but I guess not. Your comments are more than welcomed in the Han and Leia fan club, as well as in the LFL thread in the lit forum. There's also a thread in the Classic Trilogy forum.

I really did hope that you would post a copy of your first post in the thread that I mentioned eariler. We could really use your support there.

I know who is sending those messages and since they are a regular poster here, I guess I will not be taking part in the discussion here afterall.

2. set271

set271 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2000
    Jedi Iganuas, your opinion is CERTAINLY welcome, and whomever is telling you otherwise is indeed narrow-minded and is absolutely not representing this group. I can't believe it has started again on this thread, and I am also going to stay away until I see that anyone and everyone can post here without being attacked. Given the timing, actually, I probably won't be coming back for a LONG time. I've really had it with this person and don't know what it will take to get them to just go away.

it's so sad -- I was really looking forward to everyone's input, but like Ginger I don't feel like I can go forward until this person stops. Jedi Iganuas, thanks for letting us know, and I hope you let a moderator know as well.

3. boushh2187

boushh2187 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 1999
    Well it looks like our flamer has decided to continue. As is indicated in the first post in this thread, no flaming will be tolerated. Jedi_Iganuas. I'm very sorry you have been a victim of this person. This thread is not meant to be exclusive or narrow minded. I believe that everyone here has stated things they like and dislike about the EU... Unfortunately someone is trying to give this thread a bad name and ultimately giving a bad name to all H/L fans. I will be notifying the moderators of the message that you received. If you would wouldn't mind, please let them know that you have received a message to stay out of this thread. I believe the moderator for this forum is Kadue. If you would like to PM him with the email address of the person or the UserID of the person who is sending you this message (I'm sorry. I can't remember whether you mentiond it was an email or a PM) This goes for anyone who has received a message. Please help us take care of this problem. The boards are not supposed to be used for such things. This is supposed to be a fun discussion forum. Please see the link below for all the moderators and admins of theforce.net. Thanks.
    Moderators/Admins

4. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    I was afraid this would happen. Jedi Iganuas, I'm so sorry you received that message. Please understand that most of us are NOT as narrowed minded as this flamer would have you believe and as far as I'm conerned your opinions are more then welcome here. By all means, please do report it to a moderator. Maybe by some stroke of luck this person will be banned.

I cannot tell you how angry this latest incident has made me. What is this person's problem anyway? I had hoped that by changing the opening message, it would be clear that we are not opposed to differing opinions and this narrow-minded idiot would not have any cause to continue this very childish harassment. Unfortunately, it looks as if this person will not allow us to carry on a mature, open-minded discussion, so like Ginger and set271, I will not continue to post here until such time people can post their opinions without being attacked.

5. Leela

Leela Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    I have to say, I'm not surprised but am nevertheless saddened that this pathetic behaviour is still going on. And, I have to admit that when I read Jedi Iguanas first post I wondered if it wasn't one of the admins testing this thread.

Seems like someone is determined to shoot themself in the foot.

6. Etnies

Etnies Jedi Youngling

Jan 4, 2002
    Looks like I fell into a political hotpot here.... I'll just step out until this is sorted out *newbie nervousness*

7. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Etnies, feel free to join us in the Han and Leia Clubhouse. It's a great thread where all people and opinions are welcome. The link is below.

Han and Leia's Clubhouse

8. crystal417

crystal417 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2000
    Just stopping by to say hi. **Waves** :D

9. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Okay, anybody who is receiving anything that resembles a flame, through either private messages or e-mails about postings in this thread, please contact me. I will not stand for anyone threatening people in my forum.

10. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    ARGH! :mad: You are most certainly welcome here! Ignore the ignorant person/people who said you weren't and congrate here. :) This is a disussion of Han and Leia in the EU, not a gush-fest, all of us here have been disappointed in the EU in one way or another, but we are all fans of the same couple. ;)

~*~Bria

11. Nazgul9

Nazgul9 Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2002
    Hello, de-lurking to say Um...I thought everyone said "Hi" and "Welcome!" to Jedi Igaunas? What the heck just happened?

I also want to say that I think it's sad so many people have just decided to leave the thread. The thread was only just re-started. I have never really posted before but I will start now. If this person is just ignored they will stop and go away. They do it to get a reaction, which they clearly did by about 10 posts and people leaving.

Let's just continue on with the subject...Han and Leia and "Recovery." I love reading everyone's comments, people raise a lot of valid points.

And by the way I totally agree Mara/Luke are favored over Leia/Han and it's unfair. As is the killing of certain important characters (for those who may not have read the books yet). I am extremely disappointed with the NJO personally. It's too bad.

Cheers,
    Nazgul9

12. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Welcome, Nazgul9. :)

Yes, my fellow members and I did say hello, but apparently there is so one out there who is emailing threats to posters they believe are 'bashing' the EU and therefore shouldn't belong in this thread because it's a Han and Leia in the EU fan thread. At least that's what I understand has happened. Anyway, I totally agree. Ignore the person. Block their email address from sending email to you. If the threats and in PMs, contact a mod (I'd do this for email too). They obviously want to drive people away, which from the sounds of it, they might have succeeded in doing. :( I guess I'm just too stubborn to give them the satisfaction. When I'm wrong, I will admit it, but when I'm right, I stand my ground. ;)

Recovery... I haven't finished it yet, as I was very busy with school/holidays and then I had a book series to get through, but I finshed that so I hope to finish Recovery tomorrow, or at least get though most of the rest of it. :) I like what I see so far. :)

By the way, I love your sig. :) Aragorn. [face_love] And Legolas of course. [face_love] Why do we have to wait until next year for TT? :(

~*~Bria

13. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Hello Nazgul9. Sorry you arrived to this thread during this commotion. :(

Bria, you are right in wanting to stick with the thread. If everyone leaves then this person is succeeding. That is unfortunate. But maybe one day the thread can be restarted. The moderators are handling this incident. Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of the whole thing.

Kadue: Thanks for your help and support. :)

14. Nazgul9

Nazgul9 Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2002
    Thanks for the welcomes :)

So...

What did everyone think of "Recovery?"

:)

15. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Errr.... well... I'm still not done. [face_blush]

I'm actually a pretty fast reader, I've just been spending too much time at HP and LOTR websites and of course fiddling with the special features on my new dvds. :D

I swear.... I will finish this by next week. That and check out the DJ excerpt. ;)

~*~Bria

P.S. I checked out George Lucas at work yesterday evening. o_O

That was his name, honest! If only... ;)

16. DantSolo

DantSolo Jedi Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    OK, although I haven't been keeping up with this thread, or the JC in general, the immaturity of this flamer is making me sick. Whoever you are, you need to get a life. You obviously have serious problems if you feel the need to belittle and threaten people. I seriously suggest you seek therapy.

Anyway, I refuse to let this thread die, since that is obviously what this person wants. I haven't read Recovery because I can't seem to download the ebook reader, but I will continue to post here, even if I have nothing to say. I hope the rest of you regular posters will do so also. I refuse to give in to threats.

And as for the flamer....feel free to email me......I have no fear. :D

Dant

17. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Hiya Dant! :)

Haven't finished Recovery, but I will by the end of the week. I have some free time in the next few days I plan to devote to that.

I bought the newest Gamer issue today. There is a short on Jaina by Elaine Cummingham. Hopefully there will be small H/L tidbits as there were in the Crystal. :)

~*~Bria

18. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Hey Dant. I know what you mean about the immaturity thing. It's one thing if someone gets annoyed at others for whatever reason, but to continue to harrass people time and time again, is just taking it waaay too far.

OH and maybe you'll figure out that ebook thing and be able to join in some day. :)

Bria: Almost done, huh? About time. ;)

19. Bria

May 15, 1999
    What can I say? I'm a compulsive surfer. :D I guess when it comes down to it, I'm just not into this whole e-book thing. It's the same with *long* fanfics...... If I'm going to read them, I want to read them a little at a time, because just staring at one story on a computer for a long time just doesn't cut it for me. And I'm too much of a tree-hugger to print fanfics longer than 10 pages.... I've also developed an addiction to icon-making. 4 of mine were included in the last update! YAY! :D

Not to mention I haven't been online as much since I downloaded Recovery. I had finals to finish, then holidays kept me busy, and I was working alot to earn spare $ during my winter break. Also, since I've got my DVD player, I've been downstairs watching movies alot. Probably watched the hidden Ewan/Nicole "Your Song" on MR half a million times. That smile of his! [face_love]

Sorry for the randomness... I'll blame it on the caffine I consumed to make it through my classes today. :D

~*~Bria

P.S. If anyone is reading Leia Organa, Jedi Knight (I highly recommend it -c'mon don'tcha want to see Leia on Dagobah with Master Yoda? :D), it was updated the other day. :)

20. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Hey, guys!

boushh2187: Yeah, I'm hoping to get this problem figured out soon...with a little help from a helmeted pal. ;)

21. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    HAPPY SNOW DAY!!!

boushh2187: You're not lost out in Hoth, are you??!

22. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Nope, not lost on Hoth. At least not yet. :) But wait... I gotta go and check out reports of a probe droid out my window... Let you know if I find it. ;)

23. DantSolo

Dec 15, 2000
    Well, be careful, dude. I hear they have self-destructive powers!

24. boushh2187

Jul 16, 1999
    Doh! The advice came a little too late Dant! ;) Don't worry... I'm fine. :D

25. Yanksfan

Yanksfan Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2000
    Snow is weekend fun poison. I swear! Gaaah, I'm snowed in and bored beyond belief! I resent every flake that falls from the sky. I curse the winter. Gimme spring time and baseball any day. *twitches and jerks in insanity* Bad...snow....bad........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.