main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    So...filming begins today, I believe. :p

2. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    Gosh, they sure churn these puppies out like cotton candy, don't they?

3. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
  4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Great choice I think. Add a walrus mustache to him and that's Slughorn.

5. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    I like this choice as well. He seems like a good choice for the part.

6. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    And the list of fine actors in the HP series continues. =D=

7. Equal_Protection

Equal_Protection Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2004
    I like Mr. Broadbent. He'll be a positive addition to the cast. I do wish that Naomi Watts would be cast as Narcissa Malfoy but that is probably not going to happen.

8. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
    I'm very happy with the choice.

9. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Awesome guys! mugglenet reports that even though folks from the u.s. will have to wait a full month longer for the OOTP dvd, it will include a brief preview of HBP! Heres hoping they get a little bit of on-set stuff!

10. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    He looks exactly how i think of Slughorn. Good choice as always. I think that i havent really been too disappointed in the actors chosen so far in the movies.

11. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    yeah thats where i got a little foggy, does that mean the British release will not have the HBP preview?
    -doodie

12. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Oh you'll get the preview. If anything, it'll be up on YouTube the second the DVD's released.

Casting has always been top notch in the HP films. Both in casting new people and keeping the old people.

13. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    It's just a shame that the same quality in directors and composers has not been maintained. [face_plain]

14. Count_Doodie

Count_Doodie Jedi Youngling star 2

May 25, 2006
    ah good point, i didnt think of that. but i would prefer it if all the editions were the same. im a bit of a looser in that i feel a little bit cheated that the HD version has more bonus features than my one. but its all good as Obi506 will tell me - it'll all be up on youtube!
    -doodie

15. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    Sign-ups for the SFF: Films and TV Trivia Game are open! The movie to be used this round is Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! Come and sign-up!!!

16. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005
    Mugglenet reports theyre shooting scenes involving Harry, Voldemort, and some Deatheaters. Keep in mind that in the book Voldemort never appears in the present.

17. TNPredsFan

Nov 10, 2004
  18. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    She's a good choice, I'm happy she'll get to play a role, especially a Malfoy. :)

19. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Interesting. I'd assume it was one of the Pensieve scenes, except they didn't mention Dumbledore, who would have been there too.

20. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005
    Well the hbp clips that can be viewed with the ootp dvd were just leaked and promptly removed but evidently featured scenes with harry and dd. harry and mr. weasley, and dd in the cave. Along with the production designer talking about the orphanage where riddle lives and the costume designer talking about harry and draco's quidditch uniforms.

21. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Quidditch is back? :( The whole Harry as Captain subplot could easily be cut with minimal impact; all it does is make Snape's punishment seem more severe, and help provide a spark for the Harry/Ginny relationship that could be accomplished otherwise. Overall, not welcome news to me.

-Paul

22. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Since a great deal of HBP is flashbacks/memories, it may be a good idea to have a change of pace (i.e. Quidditch).

23. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005
    I think Quidditch will be good because it seems they are trying to make an overall lighter movie that would be closer in tone to the earlier films which, if handled correectly could be great. The hbp book was lighter than ootp too, a calm before the storm sort of thing.

24. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Yeah, and those seemingly random attacks were quite lighthearted weren't they? ;)

I heard Daniel doesn't actually like doing the quddich scenes, I'd imagine they wouldn't be very fun to make, after all he's done heaps.

I can't wait for the Phoenix Lament :_|

Does anyone know what they're doing about the PM?

25. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I haven't heard anything about that chapter at all. I'd assume it's being cut entirely. They're very foolish if they don't cut it, since the seventh book has confirmed that it's completely irrelevant and only exists to give a brief runthrough of the story so far and throw in a fun little tidbit.

-Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.