main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Evan, IN Hasbro SDCC Round Up

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by yoda_pimp, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yoda_pimp

yoda_pimp Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 18, 2002
    Hasbro had lots of bad news for those who thought they were almost done for the year with figures. The rest of this year will be busy indeed!
    For this fall we will see:
    1. An additional 22 figures added to the line past the 50 something already coming. The final 4 will be WalMart exclusives.
    2. 7 four figure movie tin sets for the jump into the 30th birthday of our original beloved trilogy. The troopers that come with the Episodes 4-6 sets will have removable helmets with Jango's mug under there. The 7th is a Modal Nodes Cantina Band set from WalMart. All have a $25 SRP.
    3. Jedi Starfighters for Kit, Darth, Tinn, and the soon to be released Windu. Only the black Vader and purple Mace ships will not be exclusives. Kit is at Target and SaeSee Tinn's orange EPII fighter I am not sure who's it is.
    4. The packages for next year are horrid!!! But by showing cardbacks they confirmed figures next year for the Galactic Marine (red snowtrooper guys that dust Ki-Adi Mundi), Mustafar Lava Miner, Utapau Airborne Trooper
    5. Tons of new Titanium ships!!! Many will have an EU flair about them! On the other hand, it looks like the large Ultra-Titanium ships are ending due to poor sales. The Titanium figures will continue however.
    6. Marvel figure 2 packs. These will start with issue 1 (1-3 were shown). They include 2 figures and a comic for $10. The figures will be of colors and outfits different from the movie. Rebel trooper is orange and Tarkin has a really cool suit that was pictured.
    7. There will be 2 7 figure packs, Republic Commando (4 commandos and 3 Geonosian warriors) and a Death Star Meeting Room set with Vader, Tarkin, Motti, Tagge, Bast, the Wulf, and one other Imp officer! Commando set is up for preorder at shop.starwars.com for $33.
    8. Target will see a Imperial Shuttle release this fall. Includes Vader and Royal Guard for a rumored $50 or $60 bucks. Beats $90 for the TRU Endor AT-AT!!!

Discuss......

2. Edric-The-White

Edric-The-White Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 2005
    Saturday U found:

Moff Jejjerod, Chief Chirpa, C3PO in the EWOK Chair, and The Death Star Gunner
    I found the Episode III Falcon and Blue A Wing Titanium Ships.

Note, With regard to the Titanium Galactica, is a Battlestar and Star Destroyer about the same size? Of official Galactica Mag and the old specs on the Star Destroyer from West End Games are about the same size. I only ask because I like to imagine the two fighting each other!

Oh, YodaJammies, I saw the packaging and was kind of jazzed about it - it looks cool, to me at least. You are still cool, even if you don't think the packaging is cool. Cool?

Oh, off topic. I purchased the old Droids DVD double feature. Is that freaky or what? It looks like the same animation style as Heavy Metal and some of the other Rated X Cartoons from the 80s. I mean, it really freaked me out.

Peace,

Edric

3. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    I have found the EPIII Falcon and I just missed an Endor case at westside Walmart. The only figure they had was the C-3PO, which now hangs on my TSC wall. I hope I can find the others in Indy this weekend.

4. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Mr_Self_Destrukt Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 29, 2004
    I think the packaging isn't too bad. I think the packaging should be more like the 3" Titanium ship where the color scheme and design reflects what's inside the cardback.

Where did you get your info about the larger scales being cancelled? I hope it's just a rumour.

5. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    Hasbro said it during their presentation at SDCC. The small ship sales have been super, while the Ultra sales have been very low. I think that the price should be $15 for the line to do better, but they are just going to end it. I hope I find the AT-AT in the stores!

6. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    I hope to find that and the Galactica.

7. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    What website did you get this info from?

8. navarre1095

navarre1095 Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    We have ways of making you talk

9. Mr_Self_Destrukt

Dec 29, 2004
    They are in a gallery at Galactic Hunter.

Did they (Hasbro) come out and say that the Ultra series is nixed or just eluded to it?

If so that's the 3rd to 4th time Hasbro has screwed us over on the 6" scale ships.

I need to work for re-HAsHBRO and straighten some arses out. They are so worried about making the almighty dollar.

10. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    There are pics of Anakin's Clone War Jedi starfighter, the Outrider, and other EU and film Titaniums on sirstevesguide.com, rebelscum.com, starwars.com had some, hasbro.com was posting some sdcc pics, and galactichunter.com just to name a few. Hasbro says the Ultra line "may not continue",(I did not say above that it WAS ENDING!!!) it will end soon, nothing past the Falcon and AT-AT has been announced. Any other time Hasbro states this and has no other waves planned, it is toast already, or even if there are waves planned (Action Fleet) then they still tank it. It is the AF line all over again. Now, stop questioning me and treating me like you caught me at the murder scene with blood on my hands, trying to get a confession. It is no big secret where SDCC info could be found, I was just passing some stuff along. I did not think this was an English class where I needed a full bib page, sheesh...

11. TC517

TC517 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    I just finished listening to the Hasbro event from SDCC that is posted on hyperspace, and I am really excited about the future waves that will each feature a McQuarrie figure. They will be developed from different concept art, the first being a retooled Stormtrooper.

Now the question is, of all the art that McQuarrie produced, which characters will be turned into plastic? I'm sure we will see a Vader, but does anyone have any idea who else they might produce?

12. yoda_pimp

Jun 18, 2002
    I think they will do (and not in any order):
    1. Stormtrooper (this is wave 1 of 8)
    2. Vader
    3. Han
    4. Luke
    5. R2
    4. 3PO
    6. Chewie
    7. Obi
    8. Leia

I guess this proves one thing in the CIV forums however. One post talked about how his friend worked at hasbro and showed him the sculpt for the concept Vader. At the time people thought that it would be the CIV figure. This was all pre-SDCC before we knew of the concept line for '07.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.