main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[HCSF] The "Spoiler and Trailer free for episode III" club of crazed fans!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Darth Dane, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

"ISD_Devastator"

"I was surprised when I looked at that list: I had thought, that there are only a handful of us. Won't complain, though. The list should be updated a few pages (and 40 members) later, da?"

Surely, it´s good to see more people rally to the cause ;)

"And just as I was writing this, I realized: one can't be unspoiled, if one has seen a trailer."

Yes, it is a pitfall isn´t it.

"It's a take it or leave it-situation: trailers spoil people, so it's useless to say "I'm not spoiled, I only saw the trailer once". That can't be undone.
    Anyone agree?"

I concur with the honorable delegate from the ISD Devestator [face_laugh]

"The Butler"

"That's it--you all have inspired me to go spoiler free for Episode III (and trailer free? Oh, where will I find the willpower)"

Where? Inside from the force, it flows through you and binds and connects you with everything else, including willpower.

"I'm going to need your support in April 2005 when everyone around me is talking about Episode III. How do you avoid hearing spoilers? Should I buy a Walkman?"

Keep a direct link for this thread....
    You should buy a MD player regardless ;)

DD - Fan Spliff

2. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    "That's it--you all have inspired me to go spoiler free for Episode III (and trailer free?"
    Excellent, everything is proceeding as planned.

It is great to see more and more people to join us, to rule the Non-Spoiled Galaxy!

But the only thing I (now) disagree with Darth_Weenie, is that "hearing a sound from a movie is a spoiler". Hearing a Lightsaber-sfx won't spoil me or anyone else, the same sound is used in all films, so... By the way, where did he go?

3. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

I have an announcement to make!

Changes will come, at the dawn, our hope shall be replenished, and to our avail a hero will emerge.

Keep the hope up!
    Have faith

Know that you are not alone in the fight against the spoilers and trailers, we will stand together and win, or be conquered on our own.

The war has begun....

DD - S&T free Spliff

4. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    This is going to be so hard.
    God help us.

5. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    "...or be conquered on our own."
    No way! We will not be conquered! We shall stand before the towering height of spoilers. They are no match for our combined strength.

What was that talk about a hero? Enigmatic. Don't get desperate, Dane.

6. Apophis

Apophis Jedi Padawan star 4

May 26, 2002
    I'm happy to join this club.
    It's gonna be a hard time.

7. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

I am not desperate. I have received a vision, that told me of great storys to tell when it is over.

I've always had faith and will continue to have so, but for those who doesn't believe as strongly as we do, they shall receive renewed hope.

DD - S&T Free

8. Vanthorne_OX

Vanthorne_OX Jedi Master star 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Perhaps I'll be able to stay spoiler and trailer free this time, but only because I'll be hyped about Indy IV and can focus my anticipation and excitement on it. It is worthy of distracting me from SW in those few months before Episode III comes out and it gets tough.

9. Wise-Master

Wise-Master Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 11, 2002
    We ALL should stay spoiler free for this last movie of the Star Wars Saga. What good is it to know everything before the movie comes out. You will sit at the theater bored untill you see something you did not expect.

Spoilers should not be allowed!

10. ISD_Devastator

Oct 11, 2002
    Spoilers should be outlawed.

Indy IV: mmmm, new Indy Jones, mmmmm :)
    I'm also spoiler and trailer free 'til Indiana Jones 4.

For those who don't believe in their abilities to stay s&t-free: have faith, we will be here with you. The Force will be with you. Always.

11. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    2 reasons i will be spoler and trailer free.
    1) it is the last SW movie, i stay devoted to this too.
    2) the movie comes out on my b-day, i shall be 23. and it will be the best b-day present a SW fan can get.
    other then a spot in the movie coming out on my b-day.(but thats a snowballs chance in hell.)

12. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I have an announcement:

I'm going spoiler free...
    ...and trailer free.
    Not even a teaser trailer.

This will be the first Star Wars movie I will know nothing about. I didn't know anything about the OT, besides the OBVIOUS. :p I shall go into Episode III a virgin. I want every shot, every line of dialogue, everything to be completely fresh. The characters in Episode III will probably suffer through the events that transpire; all I can do is suffer with them by avoiding tasty spoilers.

One thing that I think that kept me attracted to spoilers in Episode II was that the Episode II Non-Spoiler forum was a desert. There was some activity, but I could never really get interested in the topics. With this, I have a suggestion: let us all attend this forum more. Make it interesting. Somehow, let us turn it into a sheer playground for non-spoiled fans to hang out and discuss. Sure, we are already doing this now, but not enough. Not nearly enough. Let us think of ways to make this forum more interesting than the Episode II NSA. I have no idea how to do this; so I will need help. We need help. We need things to do to stay occupied, so that we won't veer off into spoiler territory. Together, we can do this. Think Braveheart; the size of the spoiler army, and the absolute power they weild. Let us be like William Wallace and laugh at the army.

Sons of the NSA:
    I am Pooja.
    And I see-
    A whole army of my fellow NSAmen-
    -here in defiance of spoilers.
    What will you do? Will you fight?

SPOILED FAN:
    No! We will be spoiled! And we will live!

Aye, stay non-spoiled, and you may die.
    Stay spoiled, and you'll live-
    -at least a while.
    And, dying in your beds, many years from now-
    -would you be willing to trade all the spoilers-
    -from this spoiler to that-
    -for one chance-
    -JUST one chance-
    To come back here-
    And tell our enemies that they may be spoiled-
    -but they'll never take- our non-spoiledness!

:p

13. Sophita

Sophita Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    And so it begins...

I'm debating how spoiler free I'm going to be right now, but I don't want to know the main plot at all, so I'm thinking that makes me a trailer free person, and probably spoiler free as well.

Looks like there'll be some trying times again, y'all. Let's hope we can pull through! :)

14. The Butler

The Butler Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 1999
    Though I'm worried about being spoiled by TV spots, I vow to remain spoiler and trailer free. My will shall drive my spoiler-loving instincts before it and hear the lamentations of their women. ;)

15. Darth Dane

May 10, 2000

Yeah, more to join our sweling ranks of the "S&T Free".
    Also stay away from sites that deals with games, or books or something as they may have images in adds and whatnot.

Edit: When the first official news about teh movie is released and thus not considered to be spoiler, this board will surely have threads on it.
    If it happens, and I see it. I will only come here. Community will stay on standby, as it is to early to say what will happen there.
    So that will probably be the only spoiler I will receive unless someone sees it first and sends out PM´s to the remaning S&T Free People, so they don´t have to see it.

What do you think? Send PM´s if anyone spots official confirmation, including cast and so on.

Should we do it?

In any case I will do it for those who wants it like that If I see it first.

DD - "S&T Free" Spliff

16. neoxeon2

neoxeon2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2000
    DD, i agree, we should send PM's to everyone about official spoiler news. i am here to the end.
    a couple months ago (long to early) i started something similar to this. a spoiler free help thread, for those who thought they wouldn't make it.
    but like i said it was to early, so here i am. and to the end.

17. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    I recieved the PM.
    Thank you.
    I will try to be there.
    :D

18. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    Welcome, my brothers. Glad you could make it. We have much to discuss.

It has been a long time. A long time.

My last post in this thread was a grim warning of danger beseaching you not to go to the "Episode 3 Spoilers allowed" board. I then went M.I.A. for a number of days. Many have wondered what happened to me. Some thought I had turned traitor. Others thought I had accidentally been spoiled, and could not return to the S&T Free club out of shame.

Fear not, children. My spoiler hymen is not broken. I am still the same Weenie youve grown to love. I am still with you. %100.

I return to you now, at the turn of the tide.

As many of you are already aware, the spoilers are gathering all dark forces to them in the land of 3SA. Some have even permeated the TF.N front page. They are stirring, preparing for war. True spoilers are now rearing their ugly heads among our ranks. They will only get more frequent and more ferocious from here on out.

The time for talk has ended! The war is upon us, NOW!

Begun...this spoiler war has.

There is still a relatively considerable time period left before Episode 3 comes out. Approximately 8 months before that, I estimate the first trailer will be fully armed and operational. Once the spoilers have joined forces with the trailers, they will be almost unstoppable. At that time, the dark forces will be ready to unleash their full unholy war-machine upon us, and unless we fortify ourselves NOW we may be lost.

During that time, we will be under constant bombardment. Thank the maker that time is not yet upon us, for we are weak, unready.

Case in point:
    Beginning on 1/15/03 there was a week long lull, where there was no posting in this thread whatsoever.

This must not happen again.

I am also guilty of this as well.

But as said before, the time is FAST approaching when this thread, this family, this...army...will be ALL that we have. Even the "Episode3 No Spoilers Allowed" forum ITSELF will not be safe! Trailers and the contents of them will be mentioned and discussed.

No place will be safe.

The internet, TV, Coca-Cola cans, toy store isles and movie theaters everywhere, will be teeming with the enemy.

And yet...

You still have a craving, dont you? I know you do. There are dozens upon dozens of posts lately saying how "hard its going to be" to remain spoiler free.

"This is going to be so hard."

"Where will I find the willpower?"

etc.

These quotes tell me you all have a craving. A desire for all things "Star Wars", and you must "feed" this craving frequently, perhaps even daily. The fact that you are a member of these boards suggests this.

"Safe" places for you to take care of this need are decreasing rapidly, and soon will be all but extinct. No places will be safe, yet you'll still need to take care of your "need."

THIS...is our war.

Each time a trailer appears when you are in the movie theater, or you see a SW display at the store, or you see anything that falls under the Episode 3 catergory on the TF.N front page...

THESE are the battles of this war. We fight these battles every time any of those things comes into our world.

What, then, are we to do to?

The answer is obvious: frequent visiting and posting by each member in this thread, thus making sure that there is plenty of activity and catching up to do each time we visit this thread. But that is much easier said than done, isnt it?

As is seen by the aforementioned week of inactivity that we recently experienced, enthusiasm can die down. Theres not always a discussion that makes you feel as though you must throw in your two cents. In fact, the majority of the posts on the last few pages of the thread have been made by only 5 or 6 of our members.

How can we fix this problem?

The answer to this question, is the reason for my absence.

Ive been plotting out a battle plan.

What can we do to renew inter

19. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    You have my axe! :p
    Sorry, I always wanted to say that. :p

I must say I'm very inspired by your speach.
    It is very good.
    I will try to keep fighting the spoilers and stay active on this board.

You have my alligance! :cool:

BTW : Nice pictures! Like them a lot!

20. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I'm all for it.
    And those character designs are SWEET.

21. Danny77573

Danny77573 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2002
    Here, Here Weenie, I have never heard it put more eloquently/

It has begun.

It will get harder.

Even to the point of when the premier of the trailer comes on in about 4 months before the movie and all you have to do is leave the tv on Fox, you MUST turn it off! We can do this!

I was unsure of myself until DarthWeenie rallied the troops.

My axe is available.

I have never done it before. I tried with episode 2, but failed.

Let's do it.

22. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    This is like... almost as impossible as getting the one ring to Mount Doom... we are Frodo and Sauron is spoilers... :(

Also, I recommend a ranking system. I dunno, you know, we should all star out with the same rank or something, and for each spoiler we give into, our rank drops. Whoever still has a perfect rank 3 years later... gets a... I don't know. :)

But anyway, just an idea.

23. DarthWeenie

DarthWeenie Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 2, 2002
    There you go.

3 brave men have already stepped up to the challenge! With their support, I am confident that 10,000 more will rally to our cause.

With this new army weve created for you, we shall have the finest army in the galaxy.

Danny-
    This is MY first time going spoiler free. Im scared too.

I will be honored to fight alongside you three.

Who is next to answer the call?

24. Apophis

May 26, 2002
    But don't forget Frodo GETS the Ring to Mount Doom!
    So we can do it also! :cool:

25. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I edited my last post with an idea... please read it. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.