main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Heart Strings, J.A. Updated July 17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by jodiwent, Jan 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I know the readers must be tired of me saying sorry for the posts being so far apart but - - Sorry for the post being so far apart.

Thanks for still reading. I really hope to be more timely.

And thanks to Star_Drifter, Richenda, Healer_Leona, Gkilkenny, MASTER_KAYM, Fifilla, JagF, Kestrel_Kenobi, Ani-maniac, & no one for replying to the last two posts.

-------------------------------------------------------

As soothing as Cha?s balms, and Saaz?s hands were, it was bacta, being the miracle substance it is, partnered with his own Jedi healing trance, once applied to Obi-Wan?s back that did more to heal his lash wounds. Obi?s stomach won over from his need to continue to heal. When his eyes opened they happened to fall on Saaz. She was sitting on the floor nearby playing a large stringed instrument that lay flat of the floor. When Saaz noticed that the young Jedi was awake she stopped playing.

?Sorry, I didn?t mean to wake you,? she admitted.

?You didn?t,? Obi told. ?I actually think it helped. I didn?t realize until I woke up.? Something made him add, ?It seems your hands have more than one way of healing.?

Saaz blushed.

Qui-Gon, whom Obi-Wan had not seen yet, stirred making his presence known. ?So, underneath all of my Padawan?s seriousness lurks the soul of a romantic,? the Jedi Master mused to himself. Aloud he said, ?Good afternoon Obi-Wan.? Now Obi blushed, he had not intended for Qui-Gon to hear what he?d said.

?Afternoon Master?? Obi asked as he drew up to sit. Qui-Gon was soon by his apprentice?s side. ?Let?s see how well you?ve healed.? Jinn?s examination of Kenobi?s back should that there was only a slight discoloration to show where the punishment had been. ?Not too bad.?

Obi got right to his main objective by asking, ?Where?s the food?? He stood and stretched while admitting, ?It feels good to not have to - - ? Obi?s statement stopped as he notice he was only wearing those ragged shorts, and was being stared at. When his eyes met Saaz?s she looked away. He looked around for the rag that passed as his shirt. What he saw was another set of clothes that seemed to be in his size lying on a pillow next to the ones he had been laying on. He looked to Qui-Gon. ?Are those mine??

?Yes - - ? The Jedi Master felt compelled to confess, ?I wanted to make up for my mischief in making you wear those rags.?

Obi-Wan inspected the clothes. They were closer to what Qui-Gon had been wearing only simpler. There were actual shoes, pants that went below the knee if not full length, a sash belt, and a sleeveless vest that left even less to the imagination than the poncho shirt had. Obi cleared his throat. ?If you really want to make it up,? Obi purposed. ?You?d find a shirt.?

?Sorry, it?s for the part you have to play.? Qui-Gon?s answer surprised Obi-Wan. Earlier He had called him by his full name, and now he was speaking about their disguise. Qui knew what Obi was thinking. ?It?s all right to speak freely in here Padawan,? Qui told. ?It?s private, and I?ve searched for listening devices. Chhaati Bassir?s reputation may have made anyone think twice.?

?Her reputation at what?? Obi asked as he pulled on the vest to cover what he could.

?She is no slouch when it comes o finding things out.?

Obi accepted Qui?s simple answer. He had the rest of his new clothes in hand. He looked towards Saaz. He asked Qui, ?Where can I change?

?Right here.?

?Here??

?Here.? Obi didn?t look happy. ?Where?s the fresher??

?What passes for the ban fresher,? Qui stated, ?is a good jog from here, and I don?t think you?d feel anymore comfortable walking all the way there to change, and you?ll probably want to spend as little time as possible in that place.?

Afraid to ask why Qui believed that, Obi looked around the room again.

To solve the problem Saaz put in, ?I?ll turn around.?

?Or - - ? Obi suggested. ?You could be a lady and step out.?

?If you insist.? Saaz stood and exited the room.

As was Obi-Wan?s luck, it was the older woman who walked in just as he was pulling up

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Congrats on your nom! :D

3. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Thanks for the PM! :)

And thanks for the update - I'm curious what will happen next!

4. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Don't worry about the time between posts, Jodi. [:D] I know what you mean about life being crazy. I hope everything goes well for you. I haven't been on the boards for the last month. I am finally catching up on everything. :)

Qui-Gon, whom Obi-Wan had not seen yet, stirred making his presence known. ?So, underneath all of my Padawan?s seriousness lurks the soul of a romantic,? the Jedi Master mused to himself. Aloud he said, ?Good afternoon Obi-Wan.? Now Obi blushed, he had not intended for Qui-Gon to hear what he?d said.

Obi the romantic. [face_love] Why do I think Qui-Gon might tease him about that later, lol?

As was Obi-Wan?s luck, it was the older woman who walked in just as he was pulling up his new pants. The view of Obi?s back side was fleeting but, ?What a view,? Cha teased. ?Like master, like apprentice.?

On behalf of Obi-Wan: :eek: ... [face_blush] ... [face_blush]

?I must be honest with you my lady,? Saaz diplomatically stated. ?I do not think he would sell this bandah.? Saaz grabbed Obi?s arm to show that they both had red bands on. ?He?s too valuable as a stud to sell.?

?I see.? Instead of discouraging the lady, this seemed to peak her interest. ?Do you think he would loan him out??

Ah! :eek: Once more for Obi-Wan ... [face_blush] [face_blush] [face_blush]

?That?s right Kenobi,? Obi-Wan silently berated himself. ?Keep that mouth of yours wide enough to allow that foot of yours to fit right in.?

Lol, poor Obi. :)

Great work as always, I look forward to the next part!

Ani-maniac

5. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    As was Obi-Wan?s luck, it was the older woman who walked in just as he was pulling up his new pants. The view of Obi?s back side was fleeting but, ?What a view,? Cha teased. ?Like master, like apprentice.?

After jumping, Obi wondered if he had actually heard what she said. It would indicate that on some occasion she had seen his master?s butt. That was a story he?d have to get Qui to tell. He didn?t have to ask, Cha started telling, ?The first time I saw Qui Jaadu - - he was - - how can I put this delicately - - in a natural state.?

[face_laugh]

jodi - you write Obi and Qui so well - your updates are always a joy to read. Wonderful stuff - thank you for the smiles...more soon please!

And congrats on your nom - well deserved! :D

6. MASTER_KAYM

MASTER_KAYM Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2004
    Great update!! I really love this fic :D

Qui naked... [face_laugh]

Funny [face_blush]

7. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Hey thanks and [:D] for reading and replying and thanks to whoever nominated this for short story.

8. no-one

no-one Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    [face_hypnotized] please update soon! [face_praying]

9. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    Thanks again everyone for reading and encouragement.

MASTER_KAYM wrote Qui naked . . . [face_laugh] That seems to happen quite a bit in my stories [face_whistling] I don't know if you read my halloween story :D In one of my old unfinished stories [face_shhh] Obi's been in a tube naked for a few years now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Upon returning to their masters? private quarters in the prince?s dura Obi-Wan was disappointed to find that there was no food yet.

?That is your job,? Qui-Gon informed. ?You don?t think a lord of the Darr clan schleps his own food??

?In other words,? Obi said in return. ?It would look strange if you went to get anything yourself.?

?Exactly.?

?So where does the great lord?s humble servant go to get, your food??

?He goes to the cooking dura with the great lord?s request.? Qui-Gon held out a piece of old fashion parchment with a list of food that Lord Jaadu and Lady Basiir wished to have delivered to their quarters. Obi-Wan smiled to see that sweet fried bread was on the list. Qui reminded, ?Remember, you don?t know how to read.?

Obi nodded before asking, ?Is Saaz going to show me where this place is??

Cha broke in to answer, ?No, she has to practice for tonight.?

Obi was too hungry to ask any further about what Saaz might be practicing. He did ask, ?How am I going to find it??

?Let your nose guide you,? Qui-Gon advised.

?That I can do.?

Knowing the way, Obi has no problem finding the way out. Then he did as his master had said. With a deep inhale Kenobi got a whiff of cooking food and spices. He followed that scent. In the center of the encampment the young Jedi could see smoke rising from a large wall-less dura. ?That looks like the place.? The closer Obi-Wan got to the cook-tent the longer the line of bandahs waiting for their masters? food seemed. Not wanting to cause trouble by advancing where he might not be allowed to go he asked one of the boys standing in a line, ?Where do I bring this?? He showed the list.

The slave looked at it as if it were a puzzle. ?If it is a request for food,? he began. ?You are in the correct line.?

Obi-Wan nodded and folded the parchment back up. ?Thanks,? he offered. Looking at the number of other slaves in front of them Obi heaved out an auditable sigh.

The young man in front of him could not quench a giggle. ?I agree,? he said. ?By the time we get to the front, lunch will be well over.?

Obi feeling comradic added, ?That?s what master gets for sending too late.?

The other slave giggled again.

Yet another of the older slave boys a few places ahead huffed out ?Isn?t it nice to be able to joke about being late with one?s master?s lunch.?

Still another put in, ?If you?re a ponga like Eto, one can laugh at the prospects of a crack against your head.?

The young giggler?s face changed. His eyes narrowed and a snarl like look crossed it. He crouched down to pick up a small lump of clay off the ground. Looking left then right to make sure on one saw where the missile was launched from, he let loose and the clump fell apart on the head of the last speaker.

?Hey!? The boy who had been stuck exclaimed. He turned and charged towards the one who had thrown the dirt. ?You will pay for that.?

?For what??

?You threw that.? The one who had been struck turned to Obi-Wan. ?You were standing right here. You saw him.?

Obi-Wan was not a lover of lies, but neither was he a lover of reticule, so he said with all sincerity, ?I didn?t see a thing.?

The one who had been struck looked at Obi intently, then to the wiley Eto. ?Bah,? he spat. ?You?re not worth the bother.? He started back to his place in line.

Eto asked, ?Where do you think you?re going Los??

As the one called Los shot an angry look at the one called Eto, Eto continued, ?You stepped out of line, your place - - ? he gestured to the spot behind Obi. ? - - is back there.?

The two who had gotten in line behind Obi were rough looking characters. Los didn?t d

10. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    ooh, nice update jodi- i liked the insight we got into the other slaves lives.

More soon please! :)

Obi's been in a tube naked for a few years now.

He has?! Why didn't anyone tell me before?... :p

11. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

Thanks for the PM

So Cha got a fleeting glance of Obi's bottom[face_dancing]

?He?s too valuable as a stud to sell.?

?I see.? Instead of discouraging the lady, this seemed to peak her interest. ?Do you think he would loan him out??

Yes, oh yes loan him to me!![:D]

I think Qui-Gon is enjoying Obi-wan being
    his slave[face_shame_on_you]Qui-Gon!!

12. no-one

no-one Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    [face_thinking] hmm :oops: oh :) lovely [face_mischief] hmmm :p well of course =P~ obi

[face_praying] more?

[face_love]

13. Fifilla

Fifilla Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2006
    Thanks for the PM!

Poor Obi, he's so embarrassed talking about Saaz.

14. Ani-maniac

Ani-maniac Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    ?Is she pretty? Tell me she?s very pretty.? Obi looked puzzled. The question went right over his head. He responded, ?Is who pretty??

This really shows how much of a Jedi Obi-Wan is, and also how akward the situation is. =D=

Great work as always! :)

Ani-maniac

15. no-one

no-one Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    up this needs to go... maybe post someone will? hmmmm?

[face_devil]

16. no-one

no-one Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2003
    hmmm not here either .... oh where oh were can jodiwent be.... oh where oh were can she beeeeeee <off key screech> [face_whistling]

17. jodiwent

Feb 11, 2000
    err uhh she could be still dealing with insurance and waiting for check so she can buy a new car to replace the totaled one instead of borrowing Dad's for two weeks and having to ferry Mom and visiting Sis all over the place inbetween working ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.