main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Heaven Falls: A Jedi On Earth Fanfic Award Nom Complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth_Marrs, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Marrs

Darth_Marrs Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2006

Chapter Seventy-Seven: Unending
    UECS Washington HSC-113 orbiting Merlin?s Planet
    Monday, August 25, 6 CE (2008 A.D.)
    8:52 p.m. GMT.

When Liz saw Max standing on the edge of the beam receiving platform, she could not help the welling of a tear as she ran to meet him. The two embraced so intensely the padawans that beamed up with them coughed.

?What happened to Emotion, yet peace?? John asked.

?Shut up,? Cassie said.

Liz ignored them and kissed Max intensely. Then she stepped back and said, ?You left the kids.?

?Mom, Isabel and Izzie are with them,? Max said. ?They?re okay.?

?You would never let me leave the kids alone.?

?I would after a battle like you just survived,? Max said, not backing down. He looked down at the taped armor plate on her thigh. ?Are you okay??

?Nothing a healing trance and the bacta won?t fix.?

Behind them, Fleet Admiral Jack O?Neill clapped his hands. ?Folks, got more people coming. Let?s move it along.? He looked at John with an arched brow. ?Hello, Mini-Me.?

John stared right back. ?Hello, Old-Guy me.?

?Ouch,? Cassie muttered.

O?Neill wasn?t smiling, but they could feel the mirth rolling off him. ?Come on, let?s get to the bridge.?

?So what?s up with the Asgard?? Liz said. ?Are those new ships??

?Everything about the Asgard is new,? Max said. ?When they first responded to Admiral O?Neill?s request for aid I thought they were Antarans.?

They arrived on the spacious but low-ceilinged bridge. Even with modern technology, space in spaceships was expensive. Floor space was doable, but almost every inch of the ceiling was taken up by pipes, vents, or computer screens. In the middle of the bridge, surrounded by bustling humans and an occasional Vulcan or Jaffa stood a creature at once utterly alien and yet completely familiar. He stood perhaps five feet tall, only a little shorter than Liz herself, and wore a white robe cinched at the waist. His arms were much thinner than human norm and his head was larger, but his eyes were not too much larger than those of an Antaran. The only thing familiar from his old Asgard self was the deathly pallor of his skin.

In the Force, Liz recognized him immediately. ?Thor??

?It is a pleasure to see you again, Knight Evans,? Thor said. ?I regret the losses you suffered. We came as soon as we could.?

?What happened to you?? Liz said.

?We have resolved our cloning difficulties,? Thor said. ?With yours and Max?s help.? Liz knew that the Asgard continued themselves through cloning. There had not been a new Asgard born in millennia. But she also had heard rumors that the Asgard were experiencing difficulty with their clones; that the cloned bodies grew weaker and more short-lived with each succeeding generation.

Then the second part of his comment caught her attention. ?Our help??

?It was the Gandarium,? Max explained.

Liz blinked, and only then remembered the artificially engineered life form that the Antarans used to initially fuse the human and Antaran DNA that resulted in Max, Michael, Isabel and Tess. ?I thought it was destroyed.?

?Nucleotides remained in Max?s bloodstream,? Thor said. ?He graciously offered us a sample. King Zane of Antar also allowed us to take extensive genetic samples of Antaran people, including his own, while our own studies provided samples of human genetic make up. While there are significant differences in all, using a newly grown Gandarium, we were able to recreate a viable version of a proto-Antaran/Asgard body with an enhanced humanoid immune system. Although we will continue to clone for the continuation of those individuals who wish to continue, our species will start again with the ability to procreate.?

He said the last word as if it were immensely distasteful.

?This means that you?re not going to die out,? Liz said.

?Indeed,? Thor confirmed. Although his face was more human in appearance, he still did not emote physically. His age alone might have prevented even the possibility. ?We look forward t

2. Ultima_1

Ultima_1 Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2001
    Nice action, and Q is always welcome.

Looks like you almost have all the pieces in place for another major confrontation.

3. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    That was an awesome update. I love all the appearances of Q. And Micheal had the best line ever :). I can't wait for next week's installment.

4. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    When Liz saw Max standing on the edge of the beam receiving platform, she could not help the welling of a tear as she ran to meet him. The two embraced so intensely the padawans that beamed up with them coughed.
    Scenes like this are makes it all worthwhile.

Behind them, Fleet Admiral Jack O?Neill clapped his hands. ?Folks, got more people coming. Let?s move it along.? He looked at John with an arched brow. ?Hello, Mini-Me.?

John stared right back. ?Hello, Old-Guy me.?

LOL - that is fraking hilarious. I can imagine the look on Jack's face

Liz blinked, and only then remembered the artificially engineered life form that the Antarans used to initially fuse the human and Antaran DNA that resulted in Max, Michael, Isabel and Tess. ?I thought it was destroyed.?

?Nucleotides remained in Max?s bloodstream,? Thor said. ?He graciously offered us a sample. King Zane of Antar also allowed us to take extensive genetic samples of Antaran people, including his own, while our own studies provided samples of human genetic make up. While there are significant differences in all, using a newly grown Gandarium, we were able to recreate a viable version of a proto-Antaran/Asgard body with an enhanced humanoid immune system. Although we will continue to clone for the continuation of those individuals who wish to continue, our species will start again with the ability to procreate.?

I cannot believe I didn't see that coming. I guess I just didn't think about it very much earlier, but in hindsight that
    makes perfect sense.

Thor visibly shuddered. ?I believe my participation in such affairs will be of little value. Still, I shall keep your recommendation in mind. Where is Jedi Master Delun??
    LOL - Thor's got jokes. Who knew? Good question though...just exactly where in the galaxy is Siana, anyway?

?He beat the snot out of them,? Jack said, gloating. ?Just plastered their whole fleet and two Ori mother ships. Plus a fleet of Hosnock. I?ve already told Minister Maynard that when I retire, he?s going to have to promote that man.?

?Even I see the irony in promoting the man who ordered the destruction of an Earth continent to the position of Fleet Admiral charged with its protection,? Thor said.

For some reason, I sense some ominous foreshadowing in this passage...

Merlin stepped away from the repository with a sigh. ?Amazing,? he said as he did so. ?Your powers of healing are greater even than those of my people. I should be dead by now, and yet I feel better than when I entered the chamber.?
    All things are possible through the Force.

?Doubtful,? Merlin said. ?That?s why I chose to regain my human form. As a human, they have no control over me without breaking their own rules. But they will break those rules to preserve their own existence.?
    Interesting. So if the Sangraal is deployed in the Milky Way, it would kill the ancients just as sure as the Ori but if deployed in the Ori galaxy, the ancients would be unaffected? Yeah, I can't see them letting that happen here, as it kind of spoils the whole point of being an ascended immortal. On the other hand, it does level the playing field and forces the ancients to reconsider their so-called rules.

?What about Q??
    I have been wondering that for some time now.

Merlin sighed. ?You have been in contact with the Q?? He shook his head. ?They are hard to predict. Even as Ascended beings, there were beings even beyond our plane, ancient even to the Ancients. The Alterans and other Ascended beings were just that?corporeal races that evolved and ascended to a higher plane. We do not believe the Q ascended. We believe that they came into existence when this universe was created. If the Q view this as a threat, then we are all doomed. They would gladly destroy our galaxy before allowing any one of their number to perish. Then, they might do so just out of pernicious spite. For omnipotent beings, they show a stunning lack of maturity.?[/b

5. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great few posts.

6. PunkMaister

PunkMaister Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2006
    Their rules only apply to fully ascended beings and for obvious reasons, however they did went a bit overboard on them when they tried to stop Merden (Merlin) from his goal of developing a weapon that could destroy the Ori.

Not before the Q snaps the offender Jedi, Sith or whoever force wielder out of existence for daring to do such a thing...

Indeed...:-B

Who wouldn't besides Lightsabers and Stardestroyers they are about the coolest things outthere!:D

Actually a fully powered Alteran city ship would pwn a Stardestroyer 100 times over!

Considering what Danny boy did in the original timeline it does not surprise me at all. The only thing that I do not understand is how the lightning he created different from standard force lightning? That it is more powerful? Not that it would be that surprising given Merlin's age and experience in wielding such powers anyway...

Excellent update by the way Marrs!=D= One question though that I forgot to ask about the previous chapter. In it you mentioned that they used devices that temporaly cancel the Prior's powers. But if you have effectively a "Force" cancelling device would that not affect the Jedi that are nearby the cancelling field as well?[face_thinking]

Another thing I have my serious doubts about the Q's alleged omnipotence, because they were clearly terrified of the Borg as seen in ST:Voyager and we are talking about cyborgs that do not even come to half the power the Goa'uld wielded at the height of their power...

7. skreed01

skreed01 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2007

Ok, Nice chapter great update. But Unfortunately, Your Info on the Q is inacurate at best. The Q did indeed evolve from coporial forms as did the Organians and the Ancients. Q himself has stated this in one episode of TNG as well as in Voyager. They simply evolved to a higher plane than the Anciects did. And as for the Organians well, lest just say be thankful they did not allow there darker sides to continue to exist ( all Organians seperated their darker natures from themselve and destroyed them save for Aleborn, he lock his away in some pocket dimension with no way out ). As I understand it The Entire Q continuim would'nt be able to stand up to one Organian let alone all of them. But I digress, the main reason the Q became interested in humanity in TNG was because we as a species we had achieved more in a shorter period of time than any other race before, includeing them. Q himself even stated in the episode where he gave Riker the power of the Q, that one day mankind would not only evolve to the level of Q but beyond them. Which was why they became interested in Humanity. So while they are an ancient race possibly even predateing the Ancients themselves they are not from a previouse ( or four previouse ) Universe. And in Voyager, a different Q is inadvertantly freed from a prison sentance from a comet. Because he wishess to kill himself, as he believes the Q had become a Stagnet race after there evolution. Both episodes of course had underlying themes as all Trek shows do, but these facts are cannon. Q where quite possibly among one of the first races to evolve ( though they take on a human apperance in the show, they where most likely not human ) and eventually they gained a complete understanding and masterey of time and space ( their primary power ). The Orgainians where also among the first Humans to evolve in the universe ( possibly predateing the Ancients considering the level they exist upon ) and they to learned to shed their coporial forms and exist as pure energy and thought, though the prefer quite contemplation and veiwing of the universe at large the do appear in their coporial bodies when us lower life forms are around so that they may interact as they once did. But as we saw in the Original series when the Orgainians do decide to act, Best to take them Extremely Seriousely. As I said earlier be thankful Dark Aleborn can never escape his prison, He would make the Ori and The Q look like ragdolls. Anyway, still a great story looking forward to the next update. Peace Out.

Sean

8. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006
    When was this? Can you point the episode and if possible a transcript of it? As I recall he said that "The Q always were and always have been..." something in that order,,,:eek:

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Amazing update! :D

?Kyle once said the Ori tried to destroy the universe to remake it in their image,? Siana said.

?After the Jedi of your old galaxy kicked their collective posteriors, we disabused them of that notion,? Q said. ?We showed them they would not survive outside of their dimension, while we would. We do not want to go through another four or five billion years waiting for intelligent life to begin again. It was bad enough the first four times.?

While Rodney started sputtering with Q?s casual dismissal of the origin of the Universe, Daniel said, ?Do you have any suggestions, then??

?None at all, Danny-boy. Think of it as a test. You?ve spread out across the stars faster than any species in history. You went from fossil-fuel based airplanes to hypermatter-fueled superlasers in less than a decade. Your cities have ?57 Chevys driving on the ground and Model 3 Toyota hover cars in the air. You have people still starving to death in Africa while your ships provide emergency supplies to Jaffa on Dakara. You have terrorist groups on Earth trying to destroy any alien presence there, while you actively recruit non-humans to aid you. Are you truly ready to take a place in galactic affairs, Danny-boy??

=D= =D=

10. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    The last two chapters were great. And I have high hopes (cross your fingers) that I can get the last section back to you by the end of this week.

11. skreed01

skreed01 Jedi Master star 1

Jun 15, 2007
    When Q tempt Riker is season one episode 9 titled Hide and Q heres a transcript of there scene together I will place all important information in Bold.

"55 ANGLE UP ON "Q" - RIKER'S POV (OPTICAL)

Standing on a ledge above Riker, heavily back-lit by
    the two suns. (If possible, formed here by two
    brightly illuminated OUT-OF-FOCUS balls as described
    earlier.) We'll see more clearly in a moment also that
    "Q" wears rank and uniform identical to Riker's.

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    Perhaps you would share the joke
    with me?

56 ANGLE ON RIKER

as "Q" moves down into TWO SHOT. Riker eyes "Q" for
    a long beat, then:

RIKER
    The joke is you, you silly son
    of a bitch.

"Q" glares at Riker who now seems confident and at ease
    about something.

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    Strange gratitude from one who
    has been granted a gift beyond
    any human dream. How can you not
    appreciate being able to send your
    friends back to their ship...
    (the sweeping gesture)
    ... or sending the soldiers back to
    the "nothingness" from which they
    came?

"Q" takes a beat, sits on a piece of rock next to
    Riker, leans toward him confidentially.

STAR TREK: Hide And "Q" - 9/25/87 - ACT THREE 31.

56 CONTINUED:

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    (continuing)
    Certainly, you understand that
    at this moment you can send
    yourself back to your ship... or
    to Earth, or change your shape
    and become anything else you
    want to be...

RIKER
    (interrupting;
    strongly)
    What do you need, "Q"?

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    "Need?"

RIKER
    You want something from us, "Q".
    Desperately! What is it?

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    Want something from you foolish,
    fragile, non-entities? Careful,
    Riker, you're beginning to sound
    like your captain.

RIKER
    (grins)
    Now that's a compliment, "Q".
    But it's not an answer.

Stung by this, "Q" comes to his feet, raising a hand
    as if to make the gesture we've seen before... finds
    Riker still smiling up at him. He turns, walks angrily
    a few steps away, then a few back as if bringing his
    anger under control.

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    (clipped; angry)
    Riker... we have tried to offer
    you a gift beyond all other
    gifts... !

RIKER
    ... Out of the "goodness" of your
    heart?

They exchange looks for a long, long moment. Then "Q"
    seats himself again, and finally:

STAR TREK: Hide And "Q" - 9/25/87 - ACT THREE 32.

56 CONTINUED: (2)

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    After Farpoint, I returned to
    where we exist... the "Q
    Continuum."

RIKER
    Which means exactly what?

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    (trace of annoyance)
    The limitless dimensions of the
    galaxy in which we exist. We
    could hardly be capable of acting
    in ways that seem so astonishing
    to you... if we were limited to
    the primitive dimensions in which
    you live, dimensions which would
    make us prisoners of time and
    space.

RIKER
    (beat; absorbing this)
    What do you mean by we?

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    (more annoyance)
    In our Continuum the terms we
    and I mean much the same.

RIKER
    I don't understand...

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    Of course you don't, and you never
    will until you become one of us.

RIKER
    (reacting)
    Until?... Would you mind going
    over that again?

"Q" (COMMANDER)
    (nods)
    If you'll stop interrupting me.
    This really isn't the time to
    teach you the true nature of the
    universe.
    (MORE)

STAR TREK: Hide And "Q" - 9/25/87 - ACT THREE 33.

56 CONTINUED: (3)

"Q" (Cont'd)
    (leans in again)
    At Farpoint, we saw you as savages
    only, and thought to frighten you
    into scurry

12. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Skreed, I don't pretend to be an expert on all things Trek, but your conclusions make several assumptions far beyond the words you cited. Nothing in that quote states they were once a corporeal life form. They evolved, yes, but evolution does not necessary mean they started out as we did. They had a desire to understand us, since they lost the drive to live. That's pretty much what the entire Voyager fiasco was about.

Perhaps in a future you cannot
    yet conceive... even beyond us.
    And so, we must know more about
    the human condition. We have
    selected you, Riker, to become
    part of the "Q"... to bring that
    human need and hunger to us so
    that we may understand it.

--This doesn't support your argument. It simply means the Q have grown stagnant and could eventually be superceded.

As a matter of fact, that's why I've come to see you. In a way, our vulnerability is what this is all about. As the Q have evolved, we've sacrificed many things along the way. Not just manners, but mortality, a sense of purpose, a desire for change, a capacity to grow. Every loss is a new vulnerability, wouldn't you say?

This is a better quote, but again doesn't prove they started corporeal. Evolution means change. That's it. It doesn't mean the Q started as corporeal beings. It means that since they came into existence, they have changed. The changes Quinn describes are changes to the psychological make-up of the Q species. And mortality does not necessarily need to be restrained to corporeal beings. Even stars and galaxies can die. So too can energy be expended through entropy until it in effect ceased to be.

When I was a respected philosopher, I celebrated the continuity, the undeviation of Q life. I argued that our civilisation had achieved a purity that no other culture had ever approached. And it was wonderful for a while. At the beginning of the new era, life as a Q was one continuous dialogue of discovery and issues and humour from all over the universe. But look at them now. Listen to their dialogue now.

Again, it doesn't prove or even indicate they came from a corporeal background, only that their culture reached a level of maturity and then stopped evolving further.

Neither Memory Alpha nor StarTrek.com seem to commit to the Q having corporeal beginnings. So while I completely respect your opinion on the matter, I haven't seen anything to say my version of the story is wrong.

Not that it would matter. Even if they had a corporeal beginning, the statement was made by Merlin, and would he have known about it since the Q had been a higher life form for billions of years before the Alterans even evolved into sentient life forms?

13. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    I just got caught up with this fic after 3 days of hard reading. Given that it's now 1am I have nothing more intelligent to say than, "PUT ME ON THE PM LIST!!!! Please[face_praying]
    Forget best cross over, this is easily one of, if not the best fic on the boards right now. Can't wait to read more.

14. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006
    To be honest I think the Q did evolve and began quite probably as beings not unlike the ascended ancients and the Ori. It is probably the reason the continuum is looking to see if the device could hurt them or not but as Q pointed out, they have evolved so much that most likely it won't.

15. Jedi_Aurelan_Carter

Jedi_Aurelan_Carter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    Great update Darth...

as to the Great Q debate...Darth hasnt always followed canon...I call it poetic liscense :D
    sry had to stick my 2 credits in

16. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    I resemble that remark!![face_whistling]

I'm also a firm believer in POV writing. I try to limit myself to a particular perspective in any given scene. The statement came from a character, not a statement from the narrator. So whatever else I might believe, ultimately it comes down to what Merlin believed. And given that the Q have existed for BILLIONS of years (Q's mate was 5 billion years old according to Voyager) then it stands to reason the new Ascended beings would have no information other than what the Q chose to give them.

Also, as you point out, I have been known to stray from the path. [face_monkey]

17. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Ultima_1?Thank you. It was nice to bring Q back into it. The confrontation is definitely coming, and hopefully ya?ll will like it!

TigerofRobare?Thank you. And as for Michael?he may be all responsible and Jedi-like, but he still has that mouth.

Lobo?Truly, sometimes they write themselves. I tried to throw some romance Siana?s way, but for some reason none of the romances came through like Liz and Max, and Michael and Maria. As for the Asgard?There were lot?s of small reasons why I chose to include Roswell despite the fact only four people world-wide watched it, including me. 1) I like Katherine Heigle (sp?). I knew having her from Roswell would lead naturally into the cross with Grey?s Anatomy. 2) The Antarans look a lot like Asgard, but are passionate and crazy enough to have a monarchy and a revolution, betrayals and loves. They seemed like younger versions of the Asgard, so I thought they would be a perfect match. 3) The Gandarium. The semi-sentient independent lifeform that managed to fuse human and Antaran DNA into what became Max, Tess, Maria and Isabel. That was the tool I was going to us FROM THE BEGINNING OF THIS STORY to ensure the Asgard never died out. Unfortunately for me, the inclusion of the Roswell elements alientated a lot of my Gods of Dark and Light readers, but lucky for me you and a few others read on and enjoyed it.

As for the Q and Force?I just don?t know. I?d think if a Force wielder were powerful enough to be omnipotent, then that Force wielder would probably have already ascended.

Wow. That was an unsually long response. Sorry.

PinkMaister?The Force lightning produced by Terran Jedi is different than what we?ve seen in the GFFA?it is augmented not just by the Force, but also by the native power of the Alteran energy wave. Merlin essentially just throw good old fashioned Force lightning without the benefit of that energy wave. As for the Q being terrified of the Borg?I honestly thing Q was afraid of what the Borg would do to all their little playthings. For all his bluster and insults, I believe Q and most of his comrades genuinely cared for the younger races, and did not want to see them destroyed. Just my guess, though.

Skreed01?A valid argument and one I gave me two cents in response to. Again, I can?t say I?m right or you're wrong for sure because it?s never been stated canonically. So one guess is as good as another.

VaderLVR64?Thank you!

Jedi-2B?Thank you. And I?m looking forward to the last part, because I only have a few more chapters left on this one!

Jedi_Aurelan_Carter?Me? Really? face_angel]

18. Darth_Marrs

Feb 24, 2006
    Yes, it's a "quiet before the storm" chapter, but one I've been wanting to write for a while. Especially the last part.

Chapter Seventy-Eight: Home

Commonwealth, France
    Tuesday, August 26, 6 CE (2008 A.D.)
    7:45 a.m. GMT.

The new Prime Minister?s residence overlooked a 200 acre grassy field lined with white markers for all those killed in the Ori war. The new Commonwealth Memorial Cemetery was already filled with tens of thousands of such markers for those killed in the past two years.

Prime Minister William M. Charleston was fifty-seven when he assumed the office of leader of the world six years ago. Now, approaching his sixty-third birthday while leading his planet through a devastating alien assault and a two-year war that spanned the galaxy, William was feeling old.

There was already talk in Parliament of providing him special dispensation for a third term. He would need to cut that talk off. When he reached the end of his second five-year term, he was going to retire not just from world politics, but from public view entirely.

?Bill,? Beatrice Franklin said, ?they?re waiting.?

He turned around and looked at his oldest and closest friend. Beatrice was still wearing black, he saw, mourning the loss of her husband of thirty years just last month. It was a mark of her dedication, however, than she only took one week off before returning to work. ?How are you holding up, Bea??

?As good as can be,? she said. ?Are you ready??

He nodded, and together they stepped into an adjoining conference room filled with the defenders of Earth and their allies.

Some were familiar faces. Admiral Jack O?Neill sat next to Defense Minister Maynard. On the other side was the Admiral?s esteemed wife and Commonwealth Science Advisor, Dr. Samantha O?Neill, with one of her scientists. Down the side of the circular table he saw other faces. The Parliamentary Representative Shen Xiaoyi represented much of the Asian party and was the ranking member of the Defense Committee. Then came the true warriors. Jedi Master Siana Delun, Admiral Han Shintre, newly promosed Admiral Adele Kamanin, followed by their allies.

It still stunned the Prime Minister to see alien beings sitting at his table, however with the increased involvement of non-Terrans in the war there was no other choice but to include them in war planning. A perfect example was Vulcan Ambassador Mestral, the same man who lived on Earth for half a century. Vulcans now served in one capacity or another on half of the Commonwealth ships. He was appointed to the role based on his familiarity with Earth customs and people. Next to him sat Lord Admiral Antias Holon, plenipotentiary of his Imperial Majesty, Emperor Roan Fel. Beside the admiral sat Thor, clothed and more human-like, yet still distinctly alien. Beside the Asgard was an Antaran named Jial, looking not so dissimilar from Thor?s new body, save for the ornate respirator mask she wore. Finally there was Deputy Minister Teal?c of the United Jaffa Confederacy.

Next to beings such as these, being the elected leader of Earth didn?t seem quite as important as it used to.

All stood as he entered, and several bowed according to their own customs. Charleston returned their bows as they resumed their seat, Franklin by his side. ?Thank you all for coming. Lord Admiral Holon, Ambassador Jial, on behalf of the people of Earth, I wish to express our deepest condolences for the losses to your people and ships, and also our deepest gratitude. I understand that, without question, we would have lost the recent battles if not for your involvement.?

Holon and Jial both nodded acknowledgement. The Empire lost one of its star destroyers, the Bastion. The Antarans, who did not name their ships, lost two mother ships. Both losses meant hundreds of thousands of beings.

?I have read all the reports, and I want to assure everyone here that the losses we suffered this last week were not without cause. Dr. O?Neill??

Sam nodded and shuffled some papers, which she then i

19. L0B0

L0B0 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 4, 2008
    Great update. Keep it coming.

20. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    That was a great chapter. Humor is perfect before the trial they'll face. Jack and Jeanine had the best lines in the chapter. I'm finding myself wondering who'll survive and who won't.

21. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Was that ever the calm before the storm

22. Jedi_Aurelan_Carter

Jedi_Aurelan_Carter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2007
    ?You mean you?re not gay?? [face_laugh]
    Poor Rodney...

The calm...the peace before the storm...always foreboding...isn't it.
    I can hear bethoven's funeral march already...
    I wish I didn't...but in war, always consequences, there are.

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another lovely chapter. The humor was exceptionally well done! =D=

24. PunkMaister

Oct 12, 2006
    I loved that too I have always loved the interaction between Rodney and his sister who incidentally happens to be played by his real life sister of all things which makes it even funnier. Still I do not recall anything about the "Gay" angle in the original timeline though but oh well...

Amazing and interesting update there Marrs.=D=

The calm before the storm indeed...

25. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    I really liked this chapter, in how you touch on how everyone prepares for the coming battle in their own way. And since I KNOW who survives and who doesn't, it's even more poignant. ;)

That will bring our fighting fleet up to forty (or forty-six) ships of the line if we dedicate all resources to this attack.?

In the above O'Neill quote, in Charleston's meeting, it's just supposed to be 'forty-six ships,' if I was counting right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.