main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN Hello I am New

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JaNess, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaNess

JaNess Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    I was bopping through the mall the other night and saw the Flyer!

I have been a Star Wars fan for years. I am anxiously waiting for SWG to hit the streets.

Can you all fill me in on the Knoxville Group? Are any of you all going to start a SWG group? I have a web site under construction and have the ability to host domains (reseller account) I am not charging and do sites as a side deal. If you have a need and good cause, I will host your domain no strings attached. (Ihave to limit bandwidth though so I dont charged out the ying yang)

I would like to chat with you all! I am from Kingsport, but have been living in Cincinnati for the last 5 years. I just moved back to Kingsport, and I am working in Knoxville doing some consulting. (ie stuck in a motel for months of nothing to do :( )

My email is jake@6ps.net and jake@6ps.net is my MSN messenger. Also, ICQ = 345161.

Please holler at me and we can chat some!!!

2. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Hi Jake!! Good to have you on board. If you want to learn more about our little group, you should come to our next meeting!! Somebody else, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that the meeting will be Tuesday, November 5 at 7 PM at Mr. Gatti's on Kingston Pike. Sooooo, glad to have you here, and I hope to see ya at the meeting!!

3. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Well, it's good to know that the flyers are actually being seen. I have done them before with other things and the results have varied greatly, so this is a good thing.

Try to come to the meeting on Tuesday if you can, and I look forward to meeting you if you can make it!

4. JaNess

JaNess Jedi Youngling

Oct 29, 2002
    I can probally make the meeting!

I just happened to see the flyer. I don't think a normal browsing person would have see the flyer.

I have a suggestion or too.

First, see if you can get those flyers in Babbages or EB. Talk with the workers and ask them to give a flyer to everyone that preorders SWG.

Have you all thought about having your own website for the East Tennesse groups? One of my hobbies is dorking with websites. In the process it became cheaper for me to become a reseller. I really do not resell. I just use my space and sometimes offer it for others. I would be willing to host the site.

There are four catches:
    1. You must register the domain (very easy to do). This will cost a 8.95/year if you register at www.godaddy.com. The only reason I want you to order the site is so the site is yours. If you later decide to move her you have the ability because to GODADDY you are the owner.
    2. I will place generous limits on the account to protect myself. Basically, I am charged extra for bandwidth. You will have the ability to host FTP at the site, but this limit will prevent someone for smacking all the bandwidth down. I will probally start you with 100MB of storage and 5GB/month transfer. If you need more, i'll bump it, if possible.
    3. You must not put popup or other annoying ads on the site. You may use banners, but nothing that is annoying. No nasty stuff either (I had to put that in)
    4. If the site begins to boom and you require hordes of space, I would ask for a donation to help pay for the extra space. However, I have alot of transfer and the site would have to become starwars.com for this to happen :) Good Goal though

I would like to help with the site too. I have extensive experience with a vaiety of forums software. I can have forums up in minutes. You would get your own control panel to the website and have full control of your site. This is no Geocities or angelfire. As a matter of fact, those places are raping people and is the exact reason I started this endevor.

Let me know if interested. My email is jake@6ps.net (MSN MESSENGER TOO)

5. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I work in the mall, and know most of the workers at both EB and Babbage's, so I'll see what I can do about posting there. As far as the website stuff-this is Knoxville FanForce's page; the page most of us use is for the TN Star Wars Collector's Group. So, I think we've got that covered, but thanks so much for the offer :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.