main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Hero

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Axia_Euxine, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axia_Euxine

Axia_Euxine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2003
    This movie is frigging brilliant! I cant say enough good things about it. The imagery used in this film is a joy to watch, the film is just beautiful. Great symbolism is also used in this film, Im sure I missed a bunch this first time around, I may go see it again.

Of course all of you that didnt like Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon wont like this film either. Its told in the same mythic, epic quality that one was.

2. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Whoa.... we're posting at the same time....

3. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    i saw this movie last night.....very good...except for the immature teenagers that went to see it...who thought it appropriate to giggle through out the whole movie. sheesh.

4. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    yeah I had a couple gigglers during vastly inappropriate moments. Pedestrians.

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I'll probably wait til video. Not much into Samurai movies... though Hidden Fortress was pretty cool.

6. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    oooo...hero looks good. should i see it on screen or wait for the video?

btw, did anyone see "godsend"? i went in to rent it and they were out.

7. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    no, no waiting, go see it

8. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    I just realized what an idiot I am... wait til video... it's already on video! This move was released like 2 years ago and has been on DVD for quite some time.

9. Jankarakk

Jankarakk Jedi Master star 4

Aug 27, 2003
    yes but will the dvd released in japan have the english subtitles option?

10. Axia_Euxine

Mar 25, 2003
    Yes the dvd (at least in china) has Chinese and english subtitles. Dont ask how I know but I do.

11. scudknight

scudknight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2000
    Hero was cinematically stunning.

Rented Godsend, wasn't too impressed. Definatley do not waste your time on the multiple endings for this miscast movie. Rebecca was hot though.

12. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    "Hero" was a very intense movie. I loved it. The cinematography and fight scenes were just beautiful. I loved the story and how deep it really was. Donnie Yen was awesome. Wanted to see more of his character. And, pretty glad they had more of the cute Zhang Zhyi, whose character was full of spirit and rage :)

There's just something about the current digital FX Wu Xia-style movies. I've seen the Hong Kong DVDs here and hope to pick it up. "Storm Riders" and "A Man Called Hero"(entirely diff movie btw) are available at Suncoast.
    I should've picked up the comic book graphic novel at ComicCon when it was on sale! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.