main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Hi everyone! an EU fan here...

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by JacenFan, Jun 11, 2014.

1. JacenFan

JacenFan Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2014
    Hey everyone! My name is Andrew and I've been a Star Wars fan since Attack of the Clones debuted in theaters...so roughly 12 years ago (when I was 13). (I had occasionally seen bits of the classic trilogy with my dad earlier but wasn't interested then). Seeing Attack of the Clones in theaters broadened my horizons and I fell in love with the Star Wars galaxy. I began to read the young reader books (Jude Watson's Apprentice series etc.) and slowly delved back into the classic trilogy. After discovering the awesomeness of the classic trilogy I began to branch out into the novels of the EU post-ROTJ, starting with Courtship of Princess Leia and the Jedi Academy Trilogy and the Thrawn trilogy. In High school, books were some of my closest friends (my classmates were a bit more immature than me and so I didn't have many friends) and I read a lot of Star Wars books. I read and eagerly awaited the Young Jedi Knights series and Jacen Solo became my favorite character of the EU (hence my name). Jumped into the New Jedi Order (a bit hesitantly, but then became enthralled). Eagerly waited for Legacy (was less thrilled what happened to Jacen) and delved into the Fate of the Jedi.

I'm trying to be as hopeful as I can about the new "canon" of the EU but am also scared for what will happen to my favorite characters with this new set of canon storylines... I'm also excited for Episode 7 and want it to be as awesome as the classic trilogy is.

Thanks for welcoming me, a fellow Star Wars fan, into your community. Looking forward to just cruising around and posting my 2 cents when and where I can.

Iron_lord likes this.
  2. JacenFan

JacenFan Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2014
    Oh and a bit of cool random information about myself, I am a Catholic seminarian studying to a be a Roman Catholic Priest, God willing, in just 2 years.