main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL HOLY SHAMALOEYS!! It's paintball time!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    With short notice (sorry) we are having our bi-annual paintball on Saturday, April 14th. This time, we will be staying in-state and invading Challenge Park in Joliet.

Prices are $55.00. Yes, it seems like it's more but this includes equipment rental, park entrance, unlimited CO2 refills, and 500 rounds of colorful death.

More details coming soon!!

Wish I could go but with my job hanging by a string,(damn hostile takeovers!!) I will be sitting this one out.

2. darthgoat

darthgoat Jedi Master star 4

Sep 6, 2001
  3. DrJawa

DrJawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2005
    I'm in!

4. Le_Penguin

Le_Penguin Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    To quote Kenneth the page, "This party's gonna get raw like sushi, so haters to the left!"

-Le Penguin
    "Beaver Patrol!"

5. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    My fat behind will be there!

Edit: If we have are own equipment is it still $55?? And if we bring our own tanks will they fill those up?

6. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    Swwweeeeettttttaaaaa! Ya know I'm in.

CPX info

My understanding is that is is still $55 if you bring your own gear. You still get the 500 paintballs and "yes" they will fill your tanks as long as they are within hydro dates.

7. Fett402

Fett402 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 3, 2005
    Thanks Brickout!

8. Hawk-Bat

Hawk-Bat Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 4, 2003
    Yes thank you. I intend to go but will have to see how much school work and such and funds will be at the time. Anyone have any ideas how to unfog glasses cause I have tried so much stuff and not effect, input would be nice.

9. DrJawa

Apr 22, 2005
    Wahoo, I'll be bringing at least one newbie with me!

10. jengafat

jengafat Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2007
    how did it change from going to blast camp to going to cpx?

11. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    The difference is roughly about $13 more for CPX. Not exactly going to break the piggy bank.

I'm willing to drop a little extra cash to try something new.

12. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    CPX is well worth the extra and the field is great and a closer location and better paint.

13. jengafat

jengafat Jedi Youngling

Mar 26, 2007
    ok cool

14. Brickout

Brickout Jedi Youngling

May 5, 2005
    This may be a plus for some people...

Their bathrooms have running water and real toilets that flush. :)

15. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
  16. EliteMacFreak

EliteMacFreak Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2006
    I can't exactly remember what our field fees at Blast Camp were, but I do remember that we were charged $80 for a case (2000 rounds). Every year, I budgeted $80 for everything (I only used 1000 rounds, so I was one of the many who split a case), which was a little more than I needed. This time, we're charged $55 for all of the rental crap whether we need it or not, plus "free" air and 500 rounds. We have two options for paint:

$25/500 rounds
    $90/2000 rounds (case)

This is probably my own inexperience talking, but I thought that $80/case was tantamount to highway robbery. If memory serves, then most people will be spending $55 (base fee) + $25 (500 rds.) = $80. So, you're right about it being slightly more expensive. There are two things that we can do to bring costs back down to Blast Camp levels:

1) Get more than 18 people to sign up. If that happens, the base rate drops to $50/person. After looking at our old group pictures all the way back to 2004, we've had a minimum of 20 people, so I think that this is will probably happen by itself. However, we have to sign up for 18 slots simultaneously to get in that pricing bracket.

2) Coordinate now to buy paint. If we indicate our needs now, we *only* (beating the horse now) pay $80/case. Let's imagine that we have 20 people show up. A few of you guys use 2000 rounds by yourselves. With a couple of exceptions, everyone else is going to need an extra pack of 500 rounds (I usually fire about 700 rounds). Math time!

-14x "Typical" Players (require an extra 7000 shots): 4 cases -> 1000 rd. surplus
    -3x Rambo-like Folks (require an extra 4500 shots total): 2 cases -> 500 rd. deficit (use half of surplus)
    -3x Conservative Weenies = 0 cases -> 500 rd. reserve in case one of them figures out that he/she needs more balls.

So, we'll need 6 extra cases. If we get both of these things done, here's what we save:

Typical: Previously $55 + $25 = $80 // Now $50 + $23 = $73 (Save $7)
    Rambo: Previously $55 + $90 = $145 // Now $50 + $54 = $104 (Save $41)
    Weenies: Simple--they save $5, because their entrance fees just dropped $5. Weenies.

So, everyone saves at least the cost of a decent meal. The Rambo guys make out big (of course, they're also spending a lot more than we are), so I can foresee them buying donuts--or else we'll find a creative use for those extra 500 rounds. ;) Besides, donuts make people bigger, slower, and squishier targets. *evil cackle*

So, does anyone want to save money badly enough to spearhead this effort? Also, any idea on what time we'll be starting and ending? I couldn't find the place's hours.

17. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
  18. Hazmatt

Hazmatt Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    We have already made the reservation. As such, we are locked into the $55/person rate.

19. EliteMacFreak

Sep 26, 2006
    All I was saying was that if you're one of the people that uses about 2000 rounds (which I thought you were), then there was a way to save $41 off the $145 that you'd spend on admission and a case of paint.

20. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    I appreciate what you are trying to do, that being save people some cashola. The 500 rounds will probably do me fine for most of the day. On average I shoot maybe a thousand rounds for a day.

21. DrJawa

Apr 22, 2005
    I know more details are forthcoming but I'm impatient. Are we going to be able to pre-pay through PayPal like before?

Also, are we guaranteed a Peaches meltdown?

22. Hawk-Bat

Aug 4, 2003
    Hey I don't recall melting down last time just falling down and crashing into a wall. I know I received the email about pay pal and such. I am not even sure if I will be able to go. I may have a possible scouting obligation earlier in the day and have to see how funds are for registration for the next two semesters. I hope I can make it been waiting for us to go to CPX or some place other then blast camp. I will have to see whats up hope I can make it.

23. EliteMacFreak

Sep 26, 2006
    As far as I know, he hasn't gotten rid of his glasses, and he hasn't gotten a new marker (speaking of which, does anyone else think that the Tippmann X-7 [Flash video here] is just a re-jiggered A5?), so those sources of frustration make the chances of a meltdown very probable.

24. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    \

so now HawkBat works part-time as a scout for the Armed Forces?

i'm afraid. hold me.

25. darthgoat

Sep 6, 2001
    There are some notable improvements though like default offset hopper and built in gas thru magazine. Everyone buys a mag so why not make it the default? Also the accessory rails are nice even if they are a cosmetic only upgrade. I think there are a few internal tweaks as well that make it more than a "re-jiggered A5" as you say. Although if you already have an A5, I don't think you'd see it as much of an upgrade. It would be more of a sidegrade as it were.

That said, based on his post above and past experience, I think we can guarantee a Peaches Melt©. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.