main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hospitality--JA

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jane Jinn, Mar 16, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    To quote Jemmiah from Lions, Tigers and Padawans:

"That one (Kenobi) always did have a phobia about healers, An-Paj thought, which was hardly surprising considering the amount of time he?d spent in their company. Starved, beaten, tortured, half-drowned, burned, gassed, flayed?and that had been before the boy had turned eighteen. Sometimes An-Paj thought that Kenobi was on a one-man mission to single handily deplete the galaxy of its Bacta supplies."

Jane is there any bacta left for this wound?

[This message has been edited by Glad is June (edited 04-10-2000).]

2. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Hmmm. Unless there's another story brewing in that head of yours Jane Jinn I don't think this is where the happy ending is going to go.

3. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    LOVE THIS!

4. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    I LOVED THIS STORY, BUT I WANT MORE mad.gif mad.gif

Unless of course if you have another story you are going to start posting SOON

5. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I wish I had another story. I'm getting frustrated because I can't think of anything. Does anybody have any ideas that they want to surrender to me? I mean plots, people, not just tortures. Tortures are fine, but there has to be a before and after, and that's the hard part! Anyway, yes, we are coming up on the end spurt here, and to-morrow will be the grand finale. Hope you enjoy it!

P.S. I don't think Obi-Wan would survive being boiled in hot oil, unless Qui-Gon managed to rescue him before he became Obi-Crispy. Can you imagine Obi-Wan in getting into the bacta tank afterwards, still with his head sticking out, and Qui-Gon says to the medic droid,"Turn up the heat a little. I just love fondu!"

"The arm healed much faster and better than I expected, even with bacta,"said the physician at the hospital to Qui-Gon when he came by the next morning to check on his apprentice."And there was no nerve damage at all, in respect to what you told me about that--um--piece of interrogation equipment. I can release him with a good conscience."

"Excellent, because he has an official engagement at the palace this morning that he must attend,"said Qui-Gon.

Obi-Wan couldn't wait to get out of the hospital. He disliked being in any sort of medical center. If he was ill or injured, he preferred to recover at home in the small apartment they shared in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. He especially disliked being poked and prodded and having tests run on him despite the fact that he felt fine, aside from his arm, and had told the physicians so several times. As he pulled on his cloak with a definite sense of relief, his elbow only a little stiff, he asked,"What official engagement, master?"

"If you can't guess, then let it be a surprise, Padawan."

Obi-Wan was in no mood for guessing games as they walked down the corridor."Master, I really need to talk to you about what happened. I wanted to kill Cyning--I wanted to make him suffer for what he forced Betwioh to do to me. A Jedi should never act in revenge, but I wanted to, I wanted it so badly!"

"Obi-Wan, you might have felt that way, but you did hesitate. You were able to control your feelings at the last moment. I saw it,"said Qui-Gon."Anyway, Cyning is dead now. He killed himself in his cell last night with a drug patch that the guards seem to have missed, if they searched him at all."

"I hesitated that time, yes, for a moment or two,"Obi-Wan said, unsure of what to feel at Cyning's suicide and therefore ignoring the information."But I was so frightened of being tortured again. I wasn't able to control my feelings then. That's why I came up with the idea of exchanging hostages in the first place. Master, I feel horribly out of balance with the Force. I should go to the ship and meditate until we're ready to leave. I'm sure you really don't need me at this official engagement, whatever it is."

"Yes, I do, and you'll have plenty of time to meditate later,"Qui-Gon said firmly.

Obi-Wan lapsed into a weary silence as they travelled from the hospital to the Palace. He didn't want to attend any official function. He just wanted to be alone and meditate, release his feelings to the Force, his fear and his selfishness, and most especially, his desire to get revenge. He did not want to ignore these feelings any longer--he wanted to purge them, and the quicker the better, he thought, afraid they would fester inside him.

The palace had been colourfully decorated with banners, streamers, fresh flowers, and all sorts of festive things, and Obi-Wan groaned inwardly as he saw it. Some sort of coronation ceremony for Khian, perhaps? They could be stuck here all day!

They were shown into a great hall, with two ornately carved wooden chairs on a dais at one end, though it was hard to see through the masses of people, all wearing their best, most colourful clothing, who had already gathered in the room. Trying to keep up with his master, Obi-Wan followed Qui-Gon through the crowd to the front, where they were met by a very old man.

"Ah, you managed to get your Padawan ou

6. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    So cool.gif

7. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    So Sorry to see this come to an end

Nice to see everyone happy

8. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Awww, sweet.

9. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Oh this is so Cooool!

10. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Cool. cool.gif I like this story so much, I hate to see it end. You did say there would be at least one more post, right?
    I'm looking forward to your next story.

11. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Yes, people, this is the end, the conclusion, the last post! Thank you all for reading and posting encouraging comments!

There was an almighty cheer that lasted for several minutes without quite dying away. Turning around as both Khian and Arun stood up, the servant bowed, then reached out to Obi-Wan, gently removing the flower necklace from his outstretched hands and extending to Khian. With a little giggle, she placed it over Arun's head. The servant then took the flower necklace from Qui-Gon and gave it to Arun, and he looped it over Khian's head, then bent down for a kiss. The cheers from the crowd became even louder.

"I wish you all the best,"the servant told them, giving Khian a quick peck on the cheek and shaking Arun's hand. Then he stepped down from the dais as Khian turned to Qui-Gon.

"I also wish you all the best, and every happiness,"the Jedi Master said, leaning down to kiss her on the cheek as well.

"Thank you, Master Jinn,"she replied."Without you, none of this would have been possible."

"It was the will of the Force,"he replied with a smile.

"Thank you, anyway,"Arun added, shaking Qui-Gon's hand.

Khian turned to Obi-Wan, who repeated his master's words, then asked teasingly,"If I kiss you, will Arun hit me again?"

"I'll make sure he doesn't,"Khian laughed, and after Obi-Wan had given her a gentle kiss on the cheek, she added,"Actually, it was seeing him hit you that made me realise for the first time just how deeply Arun really felt about me. I'm sorry for you that we had to find out that way, but--well--I suppose it was the will of the Force, as Master Jinn says."

Obi-Wan smiled."I'm glad I didn't suffer in vain, then."

"No, you didn't. Neither of us did."Her face was solemn for a moment, then her natural vivacity bubbled through again and with a happy smile, Khian turned away to greet the first of the well-wishers that were starting to form a line on one side of the dais.

Shaking Arun's hand, Obi-Wan said,"I'm sure you'll be very happy together and I wish you all the best."

"Thank you, Obi-Wan. I'm sorry for everything you had to go through while you stayed with us, but it--you really helped bring us closer together, you know."

"I'm glad."Obi-Wan could feel his residual anger beginning to break up now as he realised anew that there really was a purpose for everything, even pain and suffering, even though he couldn't always see it, like now. The knowledge would make it easier for him to meditate about it when he got the chance. It no longer seemed so urgent. He could wait a while. Now, however, he wanted to know,"Arun, what about your father?"

"I spoke to him last night. He admits that he's an opportunistic creature and it's too easy for him to separate politics and people, but he likes Khian and I know he'll never declare war on us as long as I'm here at her side. Actually, I think he's quite pleased that this peace will have a very good chance of lasting for a very long time, and he's just angry because he didn't think of marrying us himself. I suppose he's so used to the idea of torture that it's hard for him to think of anything else. I hope I never get that way."

"Stay with Khian, and I don't think you will,"Obi-Wan smiled."And I also hope that this peace lasts. I wouldn't mind coming back, but not under those circumstances."

Smiling with silent understanding, they shook hands a second time and then moved in opposite directions. Obi-Wan went down the other side of the dais and joined Qui-Gon.

"Have you had breakfast yet, Padawan?"

"Just that hospital stuff."Obi-Wan's opinion of hospital food was only slightly higher than that of the hospital itself.

"Let's see if we can find something better for you, and then you can go meditate."

After they had both sampled some of the delicacies of the buffet that had been arranged in an annex of the great hall, Obi-Wan let Qui-Gon direct him to the bedroom he had occupied so far, and they sat down together. Obi-Wan began with their last mission and explained everything to Qui-Gon, the torture and rough treatment he had unde

12. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Yea, a happy ending.

13. OldSkippy

OldSkippy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    That was a nice satisfying ending...I liked how Obi-Wan came to terms with all his suffering, I'm appalled that he had to! (and wildly entertained of course ). I wish Qui-Gon had been a little more supportive but I guess this was something Obi-Wan had to over come by himself, for himself, and not be relying on outside help, even his Master's.

I'm glad it was an engagement party and nopt a wedding -- that would have been just a little quick!

Thanks for the story! I do hope you are archiving this somewhere?

14. HealerLeona

Jan 18, 2000
    Jane Jinn Lovely ending, absolutely lovely. It will start my day with a smile, thanks. I'm sure glad we have Stressed Students and SS Truth/Dare till you come up with your next story.

15. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Wonderful Jane Jinn! I can't wait for your next story. But like HealerLeona I will continue to read the Ultra Stressed Students and USS Truth or Dare until your next one.

I love your writing with or without Obi-torture, please keep it up.

16. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Jane Jinn, I do declare that you have one of the most imaginative brains I've come across. Obi-Wan agrees with me, dont you Obi?

Obi-Wan?

I'm afraid he's come over all faint at the very mention of your name...can't imagine why that would be.

Just remember that if he should die, think only this of him; that there's a corner of the Jedi hospital that is forever "Kenobi Ward."

And be proud that nobody puts him in there as frequently or as interestingly as you do!

17. Knight Obi Wan

Knight Obi Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 17, 1999
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Geneva,Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Kenobi Ward LOL! Wonderful choice of words Jemmiah! There's no better way to put it! Excellent job Jane Jinn! All but Obi-Wan look forward to more from you!

18. Jane Jinn

Jan 12, 2000
    Jemmiah said I have an imaginative brain? Jemmiah, the authoress of "Lions, Tigers, and Padawans" and "Jedi Snapshots"? I can't seem to stop grinning in delight. Wow! I really feel praised, now. In fact, I'll be the next one to come over faint, I think.

Kenobi Ward. I think I will use that in my next story, if I can ever think of a next story.

By the way, I hope to have all my stories archived on "The Early Years" soon.

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 04-12-2000).]

19. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Bravo....Good job Jane Jinn! This was a very good story. Thanks for the enjoyment!

20. Jedi Knight Anakin

Jedi Knight Anakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2000
    Wow! This was a great story. You, Jane Jinn, are the best writer I have ever had the pleasure to meet/read. May the Force be with you, in all of your future ventures.

--Anakin

"How can I tell you apart from all the other Jedi contestants."

"I'll be the winner."

Quote from "Champions of the Force" (The fan movie) First Draft.

21. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    So it's over, huh? Phooey. That was an excellent story, and I hate to see it end. Oh well, it was a great ride!

22. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    Hey, Jane.

Well, it's finally ended has it??? Oh well!

T'was good!

Kithera

23. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Excellent story Jane Jinn, I eagerly await your next journey into Jedi-dom.

24. Padawan Chiaru.

Padawan Chiaru. Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 1999
    Loved this story Jane Jinn you are such a legend.
    Y'know what I would like to see? Obi-Wan getting chucked into a labour/concentration camp. We watched 'Escape From Sorvivour' in modern history and I was wondering how Obi-Wan would survive one of those.

25. light_sabe_r

light_sabe_r Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    MAn, I wished I had've stayed in the Kenobi Ward...

&lt;APPLAUSE&gt; A standing Ovation is in order.

I can't wait for the next Jane Jinn fan fic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.