main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sth Bend, IN Hour Long Live Action Movies For TV

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Xmaveric, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garbagge59

garbagge59 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 23, 2004
    oh yeah... i forgot.

2. Xmaveric

Xmaveric Jedi Master star 5

Nov 25, 2000
    You will learn your place, young one.

3. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    sweet! i'm trademarked!

4. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    You are my intellectual property.

A trademark or trade mark is a distinctive sign or indicator of some kind which is used by an individual, business organization or other legal entity to uniquely identify the source of its products and/or services to consumers, and to distinguish its products or services from those of other entities. A trademark is a type of intellectual property, and typically comprises a name, word, phrase, logo, symbol, design, image, or a combination of these elements. There is also a range of non-conventional trademarks comprising marks which do not fall into these standard categories.

5. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    anything new on the long hr tv series?

6. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
  7. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    yes, they will be new. otherwise we'd just say that they'll be airing the movies on tv in one hour increments.

...sheesh.

8. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    I'm waiting for the inevitable geek to stop in and tell us exactly which scene in each movie that would break at an hour....

Wait for it...

9. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    counting from where?

onepostperminute

10. ToneLoc

ToneLoc Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    starwars.com

11. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Ok, this has be debunked as bad information from TFN:

UPDATE: Friend of TFN Mike in Florida (yup there are lots of us Mikes) had some interesting thoughts regarding this news story and I thought they were worth sharing. Here is what he had to say:

"I believe Freidman was referencing the live action TV show(s?) and not a feature film. It doesn't even make sense that Lucas would make a one hour film for TV... Isn't that basically a TV show pilot? If you read Freidman's stuff regularly you know he always has his head in the clouds--so to speak. He probably was drooling to break some Star Wars news and misinterpreted what Lucas said. I guess the only real news is that Lucas is still perusing doing two live action shows instead of the one."

AND from Steve Sansweet:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Steve_Sansweet_Confirms_No_New_Star_Wars_Movies_106075.asp

12. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    is the live-action show coming ever? while i am looking forward to TCW, i am more anxious to see a well-made star wars series.

13. TAUNTAUN_WE

TAUNTAUN_WE Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 23, 2002
    This thread, you seek this thread

14. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    while it's a good outlet to discuss the LAS, it fails to give me any new news of the series. the most helpful thing on the thread was a link to the wikipedia article on the series, which i had already read and check on a weekly basis.

15. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    I think that's because there is no new news. The upcoming Clone Wars movie/animated series is the one getting all the attention these days, since it is only about 2-1/2 months away. Although I have to say I'm kind of surprised the buzz is not stronger, especially since it premiering in theaters.

At this point, I think we have little more on the LAS than fan speculation (that's obvious from reading that thread). Still, I do get a kick out of reading the heated debates about what the series will be, who will be in it, etc. All so early in the game - I can't wait to see how much they dissect actual casting decisions and plots.

16. garbagge59

Nov 23, 2004
    fanboys: gotta love 'em... and agree with 'em... or else you're wrong, stupid, and a loser

17. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    finally some news re: the upcoming "Live Action Series":

Saga's far, far from over

"Although the series is unlikely to go into production until 2009-10..."

18. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    Great update!

19. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    We got wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Wars_live-action_TV_series

20. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    I have been very impressed with The Clone Wars so far - if this live action show is on the same level, we are in for a treat.

Although when I read this:

Originally, 100 one hour-long episodes were proposed, but at Celebration Europe in July 2007, producer Rick McCallum explained that it may run up to 400 episodes, and "it?s something that can go on for years and years. One of the ideas is that we?ll have multiple series going on in about two or three years' time." This supports a description given by Lucas as "one show that will split into four shows, focusing on different characters."

I can't help but think of this:

[image=http://soupytrumpet.com/uploads/2008/02/cash-cow-star-wars.jpg]

21. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    Reminds me of Star Trek / Stargate.

22. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

23. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    You can't blame Lucas. He just makes the Kool-Aid, we are the ones who drink it by the barrel-full.

24. TAUNTAUN_WE

May 23, 2002
    That's very true. And in all honesty I do welcome these new endeavors, as it is a little sad to think that we may someday find ourselves in another Star Wars drought like in the late 80s/early 90s. So I say, give me more Kool-Aid!

25. Xmaveric

Nov 25, 2000
    But the 80's were such a happy time for the Force faithfuls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.