main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit How should the character arcs of Jaina, Ben, and Allana have ended?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ghost, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Ben as a detective was fun. Might have been interesting to see him not use the Force like DNT was going with.

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I wonder if he had would eventually killed Vestara or would she have been an on and off protagonist/antagonist with the whole will they/won't they gig they strung Jag/Jaina around on.

3. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Yeah, probably would have been better to end things at TUF, even if that means no Allana (doesn't help that her existence contributed to Jacen's fall a bit).

This isn't anything new, but it is sad that they wasted Jaina's character, she had so many directions to go. By the end of NJO she was both a rising star Jedi and had served in the military too as a starfighter pilot. After all the political infighting of NJO, would have been nice to have more official Jedi and GA/military liaisons rather than having to go through back routes all the time. Omas was friendly enough, but after him, nothing. Not to mention Jacen drumming Jaina out of the military with her not looking back once (as she was demoted to shuttle pilot for the more important characters in FotJ). Even Jagged's character path was unnecessarily complicated (from Chiss officer to independent to Imperial head of state to back to independent) when it would have worked fine from just the end of NJO, and I say that as an old Zekk/Jaina fan.

It might have been interesting if Ben had stayed away from the Force longer, strike out on his own, but they only had him alienated from his parents so he could latch onto Jacen, then it was either Jedi in training or Jacen lackey for rest of his life. Anyone remember this old Tales comic where Ben found an old lightsaber? I only vaguely remember it, but something adventurous like that would have been nice.

While Allana is mostly a product of the post-NJO disaster, I do wish her birth could have led to happier moments. Like even during the Vong War, Ben's birth was a happy occasion. Allana was born in secret, due to Hapan politics, was used partially as a bargaining chip by Jacen later on, then her grandparents only found out about her shortly before Jacen's death.

4. Biel Ductavis

Biel Ductavis Jedi Master star 4

Aug 17, 2015
    To make Ben a Jedi was a mistake imo. They already did that with Jacen, Jaina and Anakin. It would have been much more interesting to make Ben a force sensitive who doesn't want to have anything to do with the force and don't unravel this issue so so soon.

5. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Ben not a Jedi preposterous even Cade who has far stronger reasons to get far away from the Jedi as possible in the end comes around. The Force itself demands the skywalkers give themselves wholly to its will.

6. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    For the win!

7. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Yes, then they killed Jacen and Anakin so there was no male Skywalker heir, which wouldn't have been a problem if not for the fact they wanted to make Jaina Queen of the Space Fascists.

Jedi Princess and Darth Caliban like this.
  8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Charlemagne19
    This is a tread for old EU fans to think about their favourite characters, do you really have to insult them here?

9. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I wonder if Jacen ever married Danni Quee would have been much different.

Darth Caliban likes this.
  10. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Why do you think I'm insulting them? I love Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina. Hence why I feel bad two of them died and one of them never got the props she deserved.

Hell, Jaina is probably my 3rd favorite Star Wars character period after Leia and Luke.

11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    A company with vision looks at the stories, concludes they're so hopelessly bad as to have sullied the earlier, good bits of the EU. The cancer and rot had spread too far, so that even the healthy tissue was compromised. The logical conclusion is to beat the EU to death with a stick, but to save time and labour, make sure it just bled out in the most vividly painful way possible.

Frankly, this was the right call.

Jedi Princess likes this.
  12. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    They all turn to the dark side and Luke has them assassinate each other. (Search your feelings, you know it to be true :p).

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Well, if you estimate a rough timeline, Allana's so much older than Jag and Jaina's theoretical child would have to be that, even assuming Roan's wife was a direct descendant of Allana, there would have to be an additional generation in there on Allana's side. Making Roan and his wife, at the closest, second cousins once removed. When you say it as Jaina's grandson marrying Jacen's great-granddaughter, it sounds pretty close, because we're familiar with both those people. If I asked you to name your dad's or mom's cousin's grandchild (what a second cousin once removed is), however, I doubt most people would have any idea. I have only the vaguest idea of my parents' cousins, let alone their descendants. You could have dated your second cousin once removed without ever realizing it. My sister was friends throughout school with a kid who we found out was our fourth cousin only because his mom recognized a name in an obituary around the time they graduated from high school. So . . . yeah, it feels weird from our perspective, and the fiction should probably avoid that if it can, but actually, realistically, it's not that close. It's a family relationship that's identifiable enough to us, looking at a family tree and following characters in a big picture, but to the person on the ground, it wouldn't really appear as a meaningful family relationship. Especially not in the world of royalty. In fact, I just double-checked, and Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth are second cousins once removed (and also third cousins! Go royalty!). I guess my point is . . . eh? A little off but not that weird.[face_dunno]

Revanfan1 and Charlemagne19 like this.
  14. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    This isn't the bash Legends thread, it's a thread about the last remaining Next Gen Legends characters and what Legends think should have been there fate.

Good day to you Sir.

15. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    Policing threads is not your responsibility. Stop.

Jedi Princess and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I'm sorry Ulicus overstepped my bounds my mistake.

Does anyone know how Ania ever ended up manning a junkyard?

17. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    There was that Insider short story about Jaina and Jag's honeymoon where they find the ancient holocron about Abeloth and then some cultists attack them but they get saved by the Hutts. I don't know about their character arcs, but I'm curious exactly how that would serve as setup (assuming it wasn't just completely ignored) for the next parts of Jaina's story.

18. Trip

Trip Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    well for starters everything post-TUF happens only in the very broadest of strokes, the version we got was super inaccurate-- crappy historical fiction basically. so. there is a "swarm war" and a "second civil war" (and even a "darth caedus") but the actual events all go down very differently. (except for abeloth and the lost tribe and all, pretty much nothing from FotJ happens)

anyway Jaina marries Jag and then some time later quits the Jedi and becomes sword of the empire (and much later, empress) and founds the imperial knights and all that jazz.

Ben marries fairly young and has two children, one of whom is Nat and Kol's father. After Luke's departure he takes a prominent position in the jedi order and at some point introduces a bunch of reforms; he also becomes the first grand master since Yoda.

Allana is the name of Tenel Ka's only daughter and heir but she isn't related to Jacen. she is Force-sensitive and jedi-trained though because she is, you know, Tenel Ka's daughter. I want to say Elliah is her... granddaughter, i think? but i'd have to check. in any case Elliah was a younger sister and not directly in line to the throne.

(Jacen does however have a single child, surnamed Solo, from whom Ania is ultimately descended.)

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  19. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Ben marries Vestara. Jaina and Jag have a child. Allana begins her Jedi training and becomes queen within 20 years of Hapes leading to a near century of peace.

The lost tribe are killed/redeemed/integrated into the One sith.

Daala dies tragically with no one.

Fett lives another 30 years or so and gets to see Mandalore from the view screen one last time. His heirs are dispersed.

Han and Leia die by 81 ABY. Luke does within 5 years.

Jaina passes away peacefully as the first imperial empress. Around 90 years old.

Allana lives at least to 126 ABY. The Sith Imperial alliance is made soon after.

Ben becomes grandmaster and dies around 100 ABY.

Jag dies about the same time Jaina does.

Fel II is dead by 120 ABY.

Lando Calrissian is dead by 75 ABY.

The remaining Jedi masters and knights excluding Lowbacca are dead by 90 ABY.

All minor characters/politicians/friends are dead by 85 ABY.

When Jag is emperor peace exists between the Ga and the remnant though the victory without war program and plans for eventual reconquest are dreamed of by some bitter moffs...

Krayt's Sith increase their plotting and maneuvers they make contacts among the Empire and Chiss.

The Hutts return to Kajidic but maintain a policy of "armed neutrality" after suppressing the revolts in FOTJ conscious of the fact their hold on their subject species is weaker and the treaty of Vontor no longer sacrosanct.

The confederation eventually rejoins the GA with the empire making overtures to certain world's deemed sympathetic to the IR long term plans...

The Chiss keep ties with Hand Empire and Remnant while building a sphere of influence in the western galactic quadrant.

The Nagai fall into civil war and Nihl comes from the apparent Warlordism. Implying they eventually defeated the Tofs and may have overtaken their satellite Galaxy.

The corporate sector eventually is nationalized.

The Jedi grow and the old Jedi order masters from Legacy make their appearance and begin taking the reigns.

The GA is ruled by fractious triumvirates with tensions and crises never erupting but always below the surface.

The Vong make contacts with the Jedi and the Jedi take seriously their efforts at redemption/atonement.

Tahiri either joins the Imperial Knights, rejoins the Jedi or retreats into isolation seeking to rediscover who she is and where she is going.

Seem like good summary of the 82 years between Crucible and Legacy?

20. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    I wonder what woulda happened with Chance Calrissian. I feel like he would have been a GA Chief of State some day. And then after he retires, they institute the triumvirate because they realize that henceforth it will take three whole people to equal his awesomeness.

Revanfan1, Kylun and Force Smuggler like this.
  21. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I imagine Calrissian Junior is dead by the Sith-Imperial War.

22. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I wish that he was born earlier. So that we could have had stories with him.

23. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I always tend to think Landos son will one day own the entire galaxy. :)

24. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Following Crucible? This is what happens:

Five years later:

Luke is in self-imposed exile/retirement

Han and Leia have retired on Corellia

Master Jaina Solo-Fel is the new Grand Master. Ben is the foremost Jedi Knight. Allan's is Jaina's Padawan.

Crisis opens with Vestara Khai assassinating Tenel Ka, as part of Darth Krayt's strategy to take back the Throne of Balance. The Hapan Throne falls into contention and the Jedi (still estranged from the GA) become enmeshed in a succession war. The surviving Lost Tribe Sith form an alliance with the strongest contender for the Hapan Throne and a war breaks out across the Consortium, wiping out many Jedi and Sith.

The Usurpers eventually fall, but so does Shedu Maad. Vestara attacks in the confusion and kills Allana. Jaina confronts her, and in rage and anger, kills Vestara. The Jedi leave Hapes completely and return to Ossus. The Lost Tribe loses almost all its Sith in the conflict and are finished as a power.

Ben takes up the role of Grand Master in time, leading the Jedi Order into a new age.

Jaina leaves the Jedi, realizing that the Order has caused her nothing but pain and cost her too much. She and Jag retire to the Remnant, where Jag ends up becoming Head of State once more. In time, a jaded and bitter Jaina creates the Imperial Knights, imposing the caveat that if the Emperor should ever go to the Dark Side, his Knights must do what Jaina once did to her brother, and kill him.

So in short: Allana dies and the aftermath drives Jaina away from the Jedi to create the Imperial Knights and allows Ben to step to lead the Jedi, putting a Skywalker at the head of the Order once more.

25. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Rather dark but interesting progression Vialco.

I always hoped Vestara would come around at some point and Allana would reign as the Jedi Queen.