main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST how should the st end?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by RC-2473, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommytom

Tommytom Jedi Master star 1

Apr 25, 2015
    Has to be an ending that could potentially be an end for the main saga, you know, just in case. I have seen series end with cliffhangers. I'm sure Disney could always do a sequel-sequel trilogy, but you know, just in case! I would personally like to see a happy ending, perhaps a lot of IX could be the New Republic liberating the Core Worlds and other parts of the galaxy from what remains of the Empire/First Order, Snoke and Ren are defeated, the Republic is finally restored and once again becomes the dominant galactic government, and the Jedi Order is, in some form, also restored. Star Wars is not GoT, I am expecting the ending to be bright - save the dark stuff for the other two episodes.

2. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    With the battle of Had Abbadon, as Poe and the X-Wing fleet take on the supermassive orbital weapons whilst Rey and Finn take on Kylo Ren and Snoke in the throne room over the sea of lava deep beneath the planet.

I like this, like the end of The Searchers. Old Luke wearily walks into the binary sunset, as the music swells and the sandstorm blows around him and finally obscures him and:

IRIS OUT.

nightangel and Force Smuggler like this.
  3. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    How would I end Episode IX? That's easy. With the same end Gary Kurtz says was once planned for Return of the Jedi:

----------

Luke Skywalker (after entrusting the next generation with the new Jedi Order we expect Luke to establish in the ST) walks off into the (binary) sunset of Tatooine. Completely alone with his future left up to the viewer’s imagination. (“...like Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti westerns.” -Gary Kurtz)

----------

To me, this is the absolutely perfect note, with the right emotional tone, to cap off the "Skywalker Saga" with. In fact, it's so right that I'll be disappointed if we end up with just about anything else.

I only hope that Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, Rian Johnson (and anyone else at Lucasfilm who might have a say) agrees.

4. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Glad some like it but for some like me indistinct endings are very disappointing. Not everyone enjoys broad strokes and 'leave it to imagination' when it comes to endings.

5. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Use the SuperShadow ending where aliens create a weapon which can produce blackholes and eliminate the dark side of the Force for all time by sucking up one solar system. Ghosts of 10,000 Jedi look behind and celebrate in victory after Luke destroys it.

Tommytom likes this.
  6. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  7. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    I like this ending but he should walk off and slowly disappear into a shimmering heat wave leaving it up to the viewer to decide if he just walked out of sight or became one with the force.

Maharishineo and Trebor Sabreon like this.
  8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Don't know about how the particular last scene should end but I think the theme of the ending should be the following: The OT heroes won the war......the ST heroes won the peace.

9. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    i want whatever you are smoking....

10. RC-2473

RC-2473 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 14, 2015

lol say what you will but if presented seriously my idea is legit good personally I'd take that over some ending where we just go back to coruscant and see a new chancellor inaugurated or something. not that that's a bad ending but by itself it's like let's get more interesting you know? personally I'd prefer something more personal to the characters to go along with the general 'galaxy in peace' ending.

11. Max@TSWP

Max@TSWP Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 21, 2014
    Finn turning to the Darkside and fighting Rey in an epic battle. Rey wins.

12. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    yeah, no.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  13. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    After the closing credits, Darth Bazinga'd (a close cousin of Darth Bane) emerges from the shadows and ignites his lightsaber. :p

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    After the credits... a Howard the Duck cameo, of course.

carlcockatoo likes this.
  15. danmcken

danmcken Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 7, 2003
    R2D2 and C3PO should come on screen and tell us the moral of the tale like at the end of HE-MAN

Oh and a mid credit cameo by MR T to remind us to treat are mothers right

16. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

I approve, but only if Mr T duets with Jake Lloyd dubbed by James Earl Jones. I feel this would be a true closure for the saga.

Either that or this.....

danmcken likes this.
  17. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Anything referencing the SW Holiday Special should immediately be deleted. :p

18. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002

But didn't that latest rumour point to Leia conversing with a couple of Wookiees? Gotta be Lumpy and Malla no?

19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    By Cybermen?

20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    You know with SW being basically a fairy tale may be they could look at the works of Roald Dahl and the way he constructs bittersweet endings???

carlcockatoo likes this.
  21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I understand and I largely agree. Moreover, I'd expect that, by the end of Episode IX, we would certainly see every other element of the story wrapped up and packaged with a tidy bow.

To me, I see this notion of 'leaving it up to us' as appropriate to Luke and Luke, alone.

Why? Because I think Luke is special in that he was our ("we," the audience) introduction to the Star Wars world. Luke is the "every man" (who only later discovered he was special); we saw the story through his eyes. Now, these themes have been repeated in every SW story since, of course, but Luke was the first.

So, I see the character of Luke Skywalker as something our unofficial audience avatar. Our mascot.

Or, to have a little fun with it, "We are Luke and he is we":
    [​IMG]
    :p (Can you tell my favorite musical artists?)

Okay, I'm having a little fun with it. Guilty.

But seriously, unless they have plans to use an elderly Luke beyond the ST (which I'd be all in favor of), I think it would be a pretty gracious gesture on the part of Lucasfilm to save this one little part of the end of the ST to our own imaginations.

nightangel likes this.
  22. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I can see your reasoning and respect it but that is precisely *why* I don't want Luke 'left to us'.

23. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    IRIS OUT

24. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    with a celebration to end all celebrations with Teddy Bears, Gum Drops, and Rainbows !!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

25. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I think of R2D2 and C3PO as avatars of the audience: they're two regular people, or droids in their case, who are always getting caught up in some grand adventure with the fate of the galaxy usually hanging in the balance.

KSennia likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.