main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Howdy

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Siriah, Jul 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siriah

Siriah Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2010
    Hello, team.

My name is Siriah, and I've just signed up. This has been a long time coming: I haven't exactly lurked for ages, but I find myself back here again and again and again. Today, I decided that I might as well say 'hi', for reasons not so innocent; I'd been reading fanfic here, and decided that I was going to try my hand at some in this fandom. I'm not exactly new to fanfic, or at Star Wars, but the combination of the two will be a first for me.

My credentials: I was weaned on the classic LucasArts Flight Sims. I read my first Star Wars novel when I was six (Heir to the Empire). I've been writing for eight years now, and I'm in the throes of having my first novel published. Obviously I can't talk much about that (publishers don't like it when you admit to writing fanfic, for some reason), but suffice it to say I still enjoy writing fanfiction as much as I once used to. It's a nice break from original stuff.

Other miscellanea: I work as a web developer, professionally, and I identify, proudly, as a North-of-49er.

I think that's it. Please be gentle! I'll try to put up some of Rational soon.

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to the forums!

3. Siriah

Siriah Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2010
    Thank you kindly!

4. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Welcome, Siriah! :) Nice to see another "lurker" coming out of the shadows. ;)

A "real", published author, huh? Sounds like an excellent addition to our FanFiction forums. :cool: I'll have to keep an eye out for your story next time I get around to reading some fanfic!

Have fun posting. :D

5. Siriah

Siriah Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2010
    Thanks! I'll be sure to dive in, just as soon as I can divine where best to start.

6. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    Why don't you start right here? :D We're always happy to see some new faces at the Newbie Party, and it's a good place to "get your feet wet". ;)

Or try joining one of the social threads in the FanFiction Resource - the best place to get to know other FanFic writers. :)

7. Darth Dreadwar

Darth Dreadwar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 26, 2010
    Welcome Siriah! [:D]

Be sure to check out the Star Wars Community. It's full of fan clubs, groups, game threads, social threads and is overall a really fun place to be.

8. Siriah

Siriah Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2010

Those both sound like excellent places to start. Thank you kindly!

I'll definitely check it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.