main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Humans and the Star Wars Galaxy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Emi-Yan_Tetu, Jun 4, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KiAdiMonday

KiAdiMonday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2003
    I disagree about Hoth being Wampa land. We see that Wampas die after a few hours in the cold (faster than humans would) so it's impossible that the Wampas originate from Hoth.

EDIT: Sorry, my mistake. I mixed up Wampas and Tauntauns. The Wampas are of course from Hoth

Tauntauns are from Hoth they live in caves eating algae (EU explanation I know). We don't know that a Wampa could survive 'the temperature plummeting' either at this point it's safely tucked up in it's cave.

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Tukafo: Not all of them do. The humans just don't show it, as the ones we normally see are used to space travel. No galaxy's that perfect ;).

Also, Tauntauns are native to Hoth. They survive by eating moss and lichen, and at night they almost completely shut down their body, leaving only essential bits running. That's why, in ESB, Han's one died. Making it run at night is like making a human run naked in Antarctica.

3. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    The human population count is really a side issue in my mind. For no matter many or few of them there are, Star Wars is essentially a story of humans. Normally, this isn't a problem, but consider its scale.

Despite the fact that majority of the Galaxy is non-human (as we see in the TPM Senate scene) every Chancellor or other potential leader of the Galaxy (Mon Mothma, the Emperor, etc) has been human. Its been suggested that humans are the most powerful race. This theory fails, though, since unlike the other species of the Galaxy, humans aren't unified (for instance, all Mon Calamari are part of the same nation-state, same thing for Bothans, Nemoidians, etc, but humans have divided themselves serveral times over, Alderaanians competing against Naboo-ites, against Corellians, et al). Given this, that means only one human planet would be dominant at a time, which does not explain why there would be such a succession of human leaders in the Galaxy. The only way this could be explained is that only human worlds ever seem to gain much stature/power. But again, why would this be? So why the human dominance?

On a related note, why does Coruscant appear to be a human world? And why are all the statues outside the Senate of humans? What is the deal here? While I understand the limitations of GL's budget, I've got to say that in-universe, none of this makes any sense.

4. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    "I've always been intrigued by the fact that there's never been any mention of Earth....."

Corellia is Earth ;)

5. KiAdiMonday

KiAdiMonday Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 18, 2003
    every Chancellor or other potential leader of the Galaxy (Mon Mothma, the Emperor, etc) has been human.

We've only seen two Chancellors hardly a representative sample. Also Ainlee Teem (sp) of Malastere a Gran was put forward as a candidate for Supreme Chancellor.

Its been suggested that humans are the most powerful race. This theory fails, though, since unlike the other species of the Galaxy, humans aren't unified

Unification doesn't mean more powerful. Also I think the arguement isn't that humans are more powerful simply more numerous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.