main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC I am glad I was right on this call....

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    I was hunting for a 12 back Vader at CIII like a fiend. I had a gut feeling that with Episode III looming around the corner, that this figure would see massive attention, and it would cause the value in the secondary market to skyrocket. It had already jumped from $500 to $710 before we took off for CIII... I just got a copy of Lee's Guide to Action Figures and Collectibles today, and he is in the red, and has soared up to $900!!!! Man, the $350 I spent to get him is really starting to sound like a bargain! :D

2. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Smart move... now if it holds that value a year after Episode III then I'll kick you for not getting two to have one for resale ;)

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force.
    If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

3. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Well, its all in understanding my mindset. If I had another $350.00 to spare, I wouldnt have bought another Vader, I would have bought a Stormtrooper, or another 12 back I am missing. I currently have half of the 12 backs, and slowly but surely, I am gaining some ground on them. :) I will say this... I despise AFA grading. They take your figures and grade them, much like the CGC stuff for comics. Then they seal the figures in an acrylic case that is sealed, so you cant take the figure OUT and hold it and remember the days of old when they came out at your local Roses, etc. etc. Even worse, dealers jack the figures up to outrageous prices after they get a fairly high AFA grade. I saw a 95 (out of 100) AFA graded 12 back Vader in the Exhibit hall. The guy was asking $5500 for it!! I almost fell out on the floor. Absolutely ridiculous, if you ask me. :(

4. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Why do you care if it's sealed. It's not like you're going to open the package any way. I can see what you mean about the rediculas pricing though.

5. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I mean that the acrylic case is sealed and you cant even take out the carded figure. I like to take out my 12 backs every now and then and just check them out.

6. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    I understand that. I just don't see where hold a peice of cardboard would be any more satisfing than holding a peice of cardboard sealed in an acrylic case. I guess I'm the weird one! :)

7. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    No, maybe not. Maybe I am the weird one. :) I guess I just get my jollies from actually taking them out, and sort of "absorbing" the vibe from the figure, so to speak. Yeah, yeah, Oh my, and all that. :D

8. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    Oh My!!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.