main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I am sssooo frustrated.....

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by k3po, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    My fiance and I moved into a new house in Dec. I had the little 1994 Pewter R2D2 on my desk at the apartment. I wrapped him all up and packed him with all my other desk stuff, I think, or with all my star Wars stuff. One of the two. I just thought about it yesterday and I have torn this place apart. I am so mad at myself, I always take good care of my things and i think he got tossed out by mistake.

:(

:mad:

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Bummer...
    Well, if you can't find yours, Entertainment Earth has him in stock..look here.

3. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Thank LAJ, I appreciatte that. I know its nothing big, but i really liked him. Plus GL has one on his desk and I remember watching the EPI dvd and they showed his desk I was like, "Hey I have something he has."

4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It may not be a big deal in the wider scheme of things, but if it's important to you then it's important. I know how I would feel if I moved and one of my Boba or Jango figures went missing (especially one not easily replaceable). At least you have a source for a new r2, should you need to reorder him.
    And I have the pewter Boba and Slave I so I know how small those figures are. Very easy to lose!

5. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Ugh... moving... everytime I move... at least one of my Star Wars things gets broken or lost no matter how carefull I am. My hamilton Leia plate was broken two moves ago, and the last move, my favorite item in my collection was broken. It is an 18" porcelain statue of Luke Double Sunset scene and it was made in Dublin Ireland. It cost $375 when it first came out. It pretty much broke in two down by the legs. I am going to try to take it somewhere to have a professional fix it for me. I don't think simply crazy gluing it will do the trick, it will need some painting as well.

6. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    I refuse to move because of this resone. When I redid our basement for my collection It took me 2 days to move everything. And all it was was a move of 30 feet.

7. chunk_the_jawa

chunk_the_jawa Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 8, 2002
    I'm constantly rearanging stuff and it sucks .espacialy legos. we used to live in an apartment in which the loft was completly star wars. we also had five ferrets , bad combo. when we moved I found open figures behind furniture. sabers and gun's every where you could think and some stuff I knew I had just gone from existance. we now block off rooms to keep the theives out of the good stuff.

8. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    We're getting new windows in our house, so we have to plan accordingly so that my collection can be moved to a different room when they put the new windows in. That might be a good thing though, as it might force me to try to reorganize everything so that it's displayed nicer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.