main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I Bought Them All - the Figures, the Ships, even the LEGO! (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 8, 2012.

1. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    They are Les but I did have an EPII can that began to leak a short time ago. Fortunately there was no damage.

2. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Picked up the latest SW Insider

3. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Got a Kotobukiya statue of Ahsoka Tano on clearance at Barnes & Noble for 20 bucks.

TrakNar and Darth Venator like this.
  4. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's not bad for a Koto...

5. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    Yep, definite bargain! Sounds almost like it was mispriced?! Either way, a pretty good buy. I'm sick of the sight of Ahsoka at current and even I'd struggle to turn that price down :p

6. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Nabbed a mint 500th Vader on eBay for the ever so pricely sum of £5 :p

Fingers crossed I shall be getting it signed by David Prowse next month at the Fan Fun Day in Burnley :)

whostheBossk and Lord_Dubi like this.
  7. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    My luck just came in again on eBay... Won a Funko Palpatine for 99p! This version for anyone interested: [​IMG]

And a further stroke of luck... The seller lives about 3 minutes from me, so I should hopefully avoid hefty postage costs!

Though I now have that good old burning obligation to get the other version too...

8. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Ok that's cute - I've never seen that before! Congrats!

Darth Venator likes this.
  9. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    12" Kenner Collection Palpatine arrived today :) Fantastic condition and some real nice detailing. Now, to unbox or not to unbox...

[​IMG]

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Nabbed my Expanded Universe collection on ebay. Look forward to that and also picked up concept Speeder bike, Air speeder, and cloud car from Power of the Force. They should have more concept vehicles and figures!!

JUKE-SKYWALKER and Darth Venator like this.
  11. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    Couldn't agree more! The concept stuff is fantastic - hopefully we'll see similar ranges for the future films - but before then, there's SO much untouched ground in existing concept art anyway, so fingers crossed we'll see some more!

whostheBossk likes this.
  12. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    My better half bought me a framed poster of some of the old SW comic book covers, she picked it up in or local Asda, but its available online too if anyone likes the look of it :)

[​IMG]

EDIT: No idea why it uploaded sideways?!

13. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Just last night I ordered/bought from amazon, the new Vintage Collection style Tarkin figure. Trying to have my own New Hope figure collectin but its tough since theres alot of aliens from Mos Eisley cantina along with a few certain Imperials like Motti and Tarkin and death star troopers. Then you got the main heroes such as Obi-Wan Ben Kenobi, Leia, Han and the two droids and even Aunt Beru

Darth Venator likes this.
  14. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    That seems quite a challenge, good luck! Post pics when you re-enact scenes!

15. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Picked up one of these at Toys R Us
    [​IMG]

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Nice. Don't bust a filling on the gum!

17. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    lol I still have EP1 bubble gum that will break a tooth for sure Les :)

18. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Just won a vintage Bespin Guard (v2.) on eBay. The vintage Bespin guards are tricky because the gold leaf paint app is really delicate and rarely more than %30-40 in tact. Even carded ones tend to have %10-15 paint loss. This one looks really nice. Been a long chase. Now I just need his partner.

This makes vintage figure #44 for my collection. Slowly chipping away.

whostheBossk and Darth Venator like this.
  19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I finally gave into the Toydarians and bought an Aqua Droid the other day. You can never have too many droids.

Some day soon, I'll start looking for a loose super-articulated X-wing Luke figure. I have kit-bashing plans for it and my old PotF Zuckuss figure.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Mike you really need to share updated photos of your collection.

whostheBossk and Darth Venator like this.
  21. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Oh, I had forgotten that I had bought a couple packs of Fighter Pods from Target. Is Target the only place selling these things now? I haven't been able to find them at Wal-mart lately.

22. JediMasterKeno

JediMasterKeno Jedi Grand Master star 1

Apr 22, 2000
    Recently earlier today I bought from amazon, the Legacy Collection's Spacetrooper/Stormtrooper. Trying to army build a little bit with Stormtroopers every now and then

23. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I've not appeased the Toydarians in so long... My other half has banned me after I bought the Sideshow Palpatine/Sidious set when we couldn't really afford it...

Though its not TECHNICALLY my fault... I genuinely thought I'd get outbid! :p

TrakNar likes this.
  24. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I've had that happen more than once... "Eh, I don't want it right now, but I'll put a bid on it. If I get outbid, oh well... I'll be saving money." *A few days later.* "Looks like I have myself a new toy..."

PadmeLeiaJaina likes this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Yeah that's how I got my second custom 16" Padme doll. No one had bid on her and I thought, well she's pretty enough, I'll get the bidding started on her...and no one bid against me. Luckily the artist/seller accepted layaway :p