main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't know if this was asked before...But will there be any SW books after the NJO

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bravo, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Will there be any SW books after the NJO?

2. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    There will be plenty of prequel-era novels.

3. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    i sure hope so.

4. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    We are sure to see many novels regarding the fall of the Republic. If you mean chronologically, all I can say is I hope the galaxy lives to see it.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Just as the Empire was followed by the Vong, when no one could see what was going to follow the Empire, so something will follow the Vong after their final defeat in HC5.

Whether there is a need is a different Q: I don't see the need for the Vong as a means of exploring the ideas of a new jedi order, but we still have them. Thus there probably will be books after NJO.

Jedi Ben

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thats sounds great! I can't wait to see the first few SW books after the NJO!

7. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    Same here, Bravo. I wonder when LFL and DelRey are going to confirm this ?

8. MastersLittlePet

MastersLittlePet Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2002
    No clue on if there will be more. I've lived off the novels since I first saw "Heir to the Empire" at Wal-mart back in the day. ;)

I finally got my "Infinities" from my comic company and was...mmm...okay with it. I only got two of the three I ordered. But the idea of a split from what we know in the EU is so interesting I had to get them.

If NJO is the end...how about going back to the begining and creating a new storyline. An alternate universe for our charactors. A Jedi Liea with the relationship to Han up in the air...Luke...well, the possiblities are endless.

I'd vote for a rest after the NJO...and a recreation of the events after "Return of the Jedi".

No hitting or scratching. :p

9. Silac5

Silac5 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2001
    If there are books after NJO (chronologically speaking) I would like them to be on a much smaller scale (storyline speaking) than the NJO. No more galactic invasions and no more super weapons for a while.

10. ron corless

ron corless Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 1, 1999
    I hope so. I can't wait for sequel books to NJO. I hope that the NR/Jedi will have adventures in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space to see if there are anymore threats there. I cant wait to see Ben Skywalker grow up and become a Jedi and star-pilot like his father and grandfather and to pilot that strange starship as Luke envisoned in Rebirth. Could it be made of organic material? Could it be a Yuzzhan Vong ship or maybe a ship from Zonama Sekot? I would like to see the rebuilding of the galaxy after the terrible conflict with the Vong. It would be neat as Aaron Allston suggested the post-NJO heroes dig up mysteries buried when Palpatine came to power and deal with the explorations of the galaxy and the inner workings of the Force.

Or maybe it would be neat to see the SW galaxy in complete tranquility when there are no more threats what so ever. But maybe it could have some action. It would be like the Tales of the Jedi era but in the future. And it would be awesome if the NR/Jedi go ot other galaxies now and then.

11. Miin_Bodenna

Miin_Bodenna Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 7, 2002
    There will deffinetly (in my mind it, would be cold for them to leave us hanging) be a "rebuilding effort" after the NJO, like finding new planets for refugees, cleaning up Vong worlds...if that is at all possible, and to rebuild the republic i.e. get a stronger navy and army (finally) rebuild coruscaunt, and re-open the Jedi Accaemey.

Miin Bodenna
    Co-CEO of Massassi
    defense department

12. JediProphet

JediProphet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    You know, you can't have a New Jedi Order, without a New Sith Order. I seriously hope we see some real Sith Lords after the Vong. Jacen, Jaina, and hopefully Ben would be the main characters fighting these guys, but at least 15 years older though.

13. RogueJaina

RogueJaina Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2001
    I agree that after the NJO, I will not want to see a massive story arc for a loooong time. However, I am open to different adventures, one or two, or possibly three books at a time. I know I will bring the wrath of certain people who shall remain unnamed down upon myself by saying this, but the books that felt most like "the real Star Wars" to me were Zahn's books (the original trilogy, I liked THOT, but too much had passed before), TTAB, the X-Wing books, especially the RS and WS books, and A.C. Crispin's HST. Although the Corellian Trilogy and The Crystal Star are among my favorite SW books, they don't "feel" as much like the movies to me. My favorite book is I, Jedi, but it stands too much alone, as the afore mentioned books do. The NJO, on the other hand, is too dependent on the continual building of the story, and is too much of it's own epic, not a continuation of the previous one. I like all the books in different ways (well, except for the BFC), I'll just be ready for a change in format after the NJO is over, and a return to the style of the "good old days". I don't re-read most of the NJO books more than three times- just enough for me to get absolutely everything I can out of the book. I'm still constantly re-reading TTAB, though. I think that is what really bothers me- the NJO seems like an episode of "The Drew Carey Show", which I would tend to watch once, laugh at, and switch off if I saw one I'd seen before, and I'm looking for an episode of "I Love Lucy", that I can watch over and over again.

14. Anakin_1984

Anakin_1984 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2001
    Ok, I for one would really like to see books that take place after NJO. There would not be post-NJO books until 2004 at the earliest. But, going back in time, I would really like to see a lot of books covering the 20 years between EpIII and ANH and also dozens of books taking place during the time of the Old Republic. Even the comics dont have anything before 5,000 years before ANH, and at that time the Republic should have been at least 20,000 years old.

15. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    I sure hope so. I would like to see more trilogies instead of a huge arc. I would like to see the return of the Sith or a seriuos conflict with a dark jedi order. At this piont I am BUGGED out with the vong. I woul also like to read some Vader stories between EPIII and ANH. Read on

16. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    The galaxy will be in shambles (at least the Republic). Will everything be okay by the end of the last NJO book, or will we be reading about how the Republic splintered into dozens of independent governments who distrust and dislike their neighbors? Some governments are content, while others have expansionist/colonial dreams. I can see the Jedi playing a big roll in this galaxy. And the long *arc* story is the attempt to re-establish the *Republic.*

C

17. Wyl_Transerwnnyr

Wyl_Transerwnnyr Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2001
    The only problem with a return of the new dark jedi is that they were practically a mainstay in the bantam books. It seemed as though there were dark jedi crawling out of the woodworks, which were all defeated by Luke and co. I don't know if having yet more battles with dark jedi is the thing that our heroes need right after the Vong. Perhaps they could take a background role, or something, but there doesn't need to be any direct confrontation just yet.

18. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    I think it would kind of interesting if there wasn't really a government established for after the NJO and the next books dealt with the Jedi going around trying to make peace between different factions.

19. Resolute

Resolute Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2002
    God I hope so.

20. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Has anyone thought of the Unknown Regions Thrawn said there were many thing to fear out there no one knows about. Why not after the njo During Bens rein go explore it. Maybe they have a Sith order there or something anything! There are countless planets and system in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.