main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I don't think it is ever gonna happen

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by invader_jenny, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. invader_jenny

invader_jenny Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2005
    http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/637/637545p1.html

I donno, there is so much chatter about this TV show, but I just don't think it is going to happen. Just like that Indiana Jones movie. Gah, how long has he been talking about that thing? *sigh*

A 3 or 4 year wait? God, by then I could actually be working on that show... heaven help me.

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well given that the show's not meant to be on our screens until 2007 (last I recall), and it's currently... 2005, I'd say you're a little premature in your pessimism ;)
    Know what you mean about Indy, but the delay's only because they're hammering out a script they like.

We'll just have to wait and see ;)

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

3. invader_jenny

Nov 3, 2005
    My biggest problem is that all this waiting is making me question how good it's going to be. I mean, if they are taking so long they are going to mess it up. Even in school they told us not to revise our work too many times because eventually it will just make things worse.

I got burned by the PT. I waited and waited and waited, and what I got was crap. My disapointment came over me like a blanket and I went in with really, really low expecations.

This TV show... I donno. I've been burned by Lucas before.

4. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    You may have the rght kind of attitude here. If you have low expectations, then you can't be disappointed.

5. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    The delay for Indy 4 is because the re-wrote the script several times. Because the TV Shows are not due to be released for several more years I'm remaining optimistic for the time being.

6. invader_jenny

Nov 3, 2005
    Don't get me wrong. I want the TV show to be good. Lord knows we need to put faith back in Star Wars seeing what the PT did to the saga, but I'm just afraid that this is yet another sign that Star Wars has gone down hill. (I mean, the Clone War cartoon was neat looking, but I wasn't all that impressed with it.)

I guess time will only tell.

7. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    If it takes three years to make a movie, I don't see that waiting thre years for a an entire series is that much of a problem, surely?

Unless of course we take the screen-hours pro-rata and have to wait 30+ years? o_O

{||||| ?||} ----------HO HO HO! ----------

8. uwishuwereme

uwishuwereme Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 20, 2005
    Hopefully he can start 08 anymore delays and who knows if GL will still be around. We need to clone George Lucas and force the clone to make Star Wars and Indiana Jones movies all the time.

9. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    The new Battlestar Galactica took 5-6 years to come to fruition, from first announcement to premier on SciFi. And it's the best sci-fi show on TV now, without question (and I might add, one of the best shows on TV now, and one of the best sci-fi shows of all time, period). So I wouldn't worry about long waits making for a bad show.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, it takes time to get a TV show together. Besides, by your logic, you weren't happy with the end product of only 3 years of development for the PT films- so wouldn't you want them to take longer in the hopes it will produce a more solid production?

Also consider that they're supposedly trying to get all the scripts done first before they shoot (as opposed to doing it on the fly), and they haven't started doing that yet from what we've been told. So 2006 will be about getting preliminary and preproduction stuff like that completed, as the showrunner and crew are selected. Then they can start getting in front of the cameras sometime in 2007. The show could be on the air as early as 3 to 6 months later. Or if they want to get em all done at once, they can sit on them till 2008.

11. Hyperion51

Hyperion51 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 11, 2005
    I don't see how you can reasonably expect to magically produce 20+ episodes of a TV show instantaneously.

It took three years to make the movies. ALL SIX MOVIES.

ANH in 1977. TESB in 1980. ROTJ in 1983.

TPM in 1999. AOTC in 2002. ROST in 2005.

TV show in 2008.

You act like the world is coming to and end because it will take three years to have the tv show come out.

How do you think people felt about the OT back in the 70s and 80s?

How do you think people felt about the PT in recent years?

12. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    ^Exactly. It is better that they will spend a lot of time on it, rather than pulling a Rick Berman and throwing crap together. Plus, we've got the good old TF.N spy reports to look forward to![face_dancing] :p

13. Blackout

Oct 7, 2000
    Oh yeah, baby!:D

{||||| ?||} ----------HO HO HO! ----------

14. syferdiasisalie

syferdiasisalie Jedi Master star 3

Sep 26, 2004
    Regardless of whether or not the show is good, all of us (including me) are going to watch it religiously whenever it's on and buy the special edition dvd. Thus is life.

15. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    You're damn right! [face_peace]

16. Winston_Sith

Winston_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2004
    Not me! ;P

17. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    It will be made, it just takes time. Remember, this is going to be an in-house production and the company just recently moved to a new place. So they have a lot going on right now, but don't worry it will happen. I also know how you feel about being burned by GL, but in a way you can't think like that. No matter how you look at it, GL wrote himself into a hole, and he had to do whatever he did to do what he did. Or something like that. Maybe you need to re-evaluate your expectations just like I had to do with mine.[face_peace]

18. invader_jenny

Nov 3, 2005
    Unfortunatly my expectations have gone so low that they are almost non-existant. I'm hoping that a few episodes will be salvagable.

19. TheWookiee

Oct 8, 2005
    Well, Lucas is only writing the first season. So I'm sure the other seasons will be salvagable, since they will be written by fellow fans.

20. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003
    Spy Reports! I have missed you.

21. sith_rising

sith_rising Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 7, 2004
    Whatever Lucas writes will work, and will be great assuming that they have a sufficient budget, good effects and good music. When Lucas turns all creative control over to others, and basically walks away from the project, that's when things will start to go downhill, quickly. Personally, I hope Lucas writes as many of them as he can, unless we'd rather see the Star Wars legacy end up in the hands of guys like Kevin Smith and Joss Whedon.

22. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    Yeah! The Phantom Menace was so much better than Empire Strikes Back!

Mallrats was hilarious, I loved Firefly, and as much as I'd like to see spice-heads debating Rebel acts of terrorism or lesbians make their way into the SW universe, I don't think either one of those would be right for Star Wars TV.

23. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    Yeah, I can just hear the "witty" banter now:

cliche generic tough-girl Jedi: "Hey! Where'd you guys go?"
    clone #1: "We came across this slimy-crunchy-monster-thingy in the swamp!"
    cliche generic tough-girl Jedi: "Nooch! Did it get all evily on you, like Medusa in Clash of the Titans or that big tentacly thingy in Lord of the Rings?"
    clone #2: "Schnoogens! We straight up kicked it's azz yo! Me and my boy here took that thing out like Wolvie going straight up berzerker on Sabertooth!"
    clone #1: "Then we sat back and smoked a bowl, chillin like Burt Reynolds in his Trans Am yo! Me and Lunchmeat here went through that thing faster than a Star Wars fan can tear about the Prequels!"
    clone #2: "Hold up, I thought we liked those movies, nooch?"
    clone #1: "Nah, only Empire, we only like Empire yo!"

24. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Jul 18, 2005
    I admit, I would like to see Kevin Smith do an episode about a construction contractor on the Death Star. But that episode would be the Tales comic of the show.

25. sith_rising

Jan 7, 2004
    I admit that I would like to see how Tarantino tackles an episode of Star Wars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.